Author Topic: Trump Up +16 In Latest SC Poll; Leads By +10 With Evangelicals  (Read 4752 times)

HAPPY2BME

Trump Up +16 In Latest SC Poll; Leads By +10 With Evangelicals
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:15:18 pm »

Trump is leading Cruz among evangelicals by +10 points

After a dry spell of nearly a month, and all the political drama and actual voting that has taken place in Iowa and New Hampshire, we finally have a new poll out of South Carolina, where the next round of voting begins in less than 10 days. And, quite incredibly, it shows that … almost nothing has changed. Donald Trump is still up by double digits, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is in second, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) is in third.

The Augusta Chronicle poll, taken on February 10 and 11, almost perfectly mirrors its immediate predecessor, a NBC poll taken during the third week of January. With 36% support, Trump is in first place by +16 points. Cruz is in second with 20%. Rubio jumped a statistically insignificant +1 to enjoy 15% support.

Jeb Bush jumped +2 to 11%.

The only notable change is Kasich’s leap from 1% to 9%. That’s a nice jump … into fifth place.

The best news is for Trump, who has managed to hold on to a substantial lead. The news for Rubio is mixed. After that brutal debate performance, the Florida senator’s support didn’t crater in South Carolina like it did in New Hampshire. Nevertheless, he’s still stuck -21 points behind Trump. On the flip-side, he is leading in the Establishment Lane, and holding that lead will become increasingly important as this primary campaign rolls on.

Another South Carolina poll released today shows almost the exact same results — Trump: 36%, Cruz: 19%, Rubio: 15%, Bush: 11%. Kasich: 9% — and adds the fascinating detail that Trump is leading Cruz among evangelicals by +10 points.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/12/trump-up-16-in-latest-sc-poll-cruz-beats-rubio-5/

Offline Longiron

Re: Trump Up +16 In Latest SC Poll; Leads By +10 With Evangelicals
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:55:14 pm »
Thanks for the update post! :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 10:43:21 pm »

Want to savor that a minute...Aah.

Despite Trump's obvious drawback as a Reaganesque figure, voters have decided that times are just that desperate to overlook that aspect of a normal presidential portfolio. In other words, they don't care that Trump doesn't do presidential kabuki. And they like that he's a real person--flaws and all.

They only really care that he's capable and focused like a laser on doing the people's business, not the donors business: control the southern border, stop ISIS infiltration by halting the "refugee" Trojan horse, kick China's butt competitively in the trade arena boosting American manufacturing jobs and middle class wages at the lower end, as a result.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:32:06 pm »
Ah, South Carolina, the same state that elected this guy.

He had seven opponents and all South Carolina had to do was ensure that the combined vote of all seven competitors added up to Lindsey Graham's to force a runoff. They couldn't even do that.

Oh, yes, SC also allows Democrats to vote in Republican primaries. Some conservatives.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 11:35:56 pm »
Want to savor that a minute...Aah.

Despite Trump's obvious drawback as a Reaganesque figure, voters have decided that times are just that desperate to overlook that aspect of a normal presidential portfolio. In other words, they don't care that Trump doesn't do presidential kabuki. And they like that he's a real person--flaws and all.

They only really care that he's capable and focused like a laser on doing the people's business, not the donors business: control the southern border, stop ISIS infiltration by halting the "refugee" Trojan horse, kick China's butt competitively in the trade arena boosting American manufacturing jobs and middle class wages at the lower end, as a result.

Carrier Corp now moving from Indy to Mexico and 1400 jobs lost might reinforce point about keeping companies and jobs in the US and leaving because of tax policies of the UNIPARTY. Should play well in the SC debate and SC lost many thousands jobs to China in the textile industry. However you need some business sense to understand this and the donors know it and the POLITICANS are clueless. And then wonder why TRUMP is leading. Just look at how the Republican Conservatives have run us into the ground BUT they say TRUMP is not conservative. You can keep the Republican Conservative BS because it sure has not worked ? :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 12:03:11 am »
Ah, South Carolina, the same state that elected this guy.

He had seven opponents and all South Carolina had to do was ensure that the combined vote of all seven competitors added up to Lindsey Graham's to force a runoff. They couldn't even do that.

Oh, yes, SC also allows Democrats to vote in Republican primaries. Some conservatives.

Yeah, the guy who served six years active duty in the Air Force. They guy that served 20 years in the Air National Guard Reserves, retiring with the rank of Colonel.

First and foremost before politics, he is a man that served his country.  I respect that.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 12:26:51 am »
Yeah, the guy who served six years active duty in the Air Force. They guy that served 20 years in the Air National Guard Reserves, retiring with the rank of Colonel.

First and foremost before politics, he is a man that served his country.  I respect that.

Gary Ridgeway, Timothy McVeigh, David Berkowitz, and Al Gore served their country too. I guess that erases everything else they did.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 01:52:50 am »
Trump's treading water,  getting about a third of the vote.   Two-thirds of the voters are against him.   I doubt he can get the nomination if he cannot appeal to a majority.  And the majority aren't amused by the clown. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 03:49:31 am »
Carrier Corp now moving from Indy to Mexico and 1400 jobs lost might reinforce point about keeping companies and jobs in the US and leaving because of tax policies of the UNIPARTY. Should play well in the SC debate and SC lost many thousands jobs to China in the textile industry. However you need some business sense to understand this and the donors know it and the POLITICANS are clueless. And then wonder why TRUMP is leading. Just look at how the Republican Conservatives have run us into the ground BUT they say TRUMP is not conservative. You can keep the Republican Conservative BS because it sure has not worked ? :patriot:

===============================

Welcome To Obama's Recovery: Carrier Moving 1400 Jobs To Mexico

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 04:38:15 am »

SC is heavy military.  Somebody should be running an ad with the video where he say I like people who weren't captured

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8wvROelVE

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 04:53:14 am »
Gary Ridgeway, Timothy McVeigh, David Berkowitz, and Al Gore served their country too. I guess that erases everything else they did.

Are you forgetting Charles Whitman, and Lee Harvey Oswald.

Comparing Sen Graham to mass murderers is lame, and kind of insulting to those who did serve(God bless them).  Graham has his failings, but he is not a monster.

Obama didn't serve.  Neither did Jim Jones.  Seems like a silly point to me.  You have a right to your opinion, but if you must engage in hyperbolic sophistry, I wish you would aim it at the rats.  I almost never disagree with rat bashing.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 05:05:34 am »
I really can't fathom his support with evangelicals. Maybe a commercial where someone reads from Trump's book
quoting his self-admiration of committing adultery with other married women. I would bet most of the evangelicals do not really know the true Trump as presented by Trump himself.
Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

My brother is a deeply religious man and a Trump supporter.  I can't explain it either, although I have not argued against Trump's moral rectitude with him.  My guess is he would say "there but for the grace of God go I," and "judge not, lest ye be judged."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 11:17:41 am »

"Trump is treading water"

:silly:

Whatever floats your boat... :silly:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 11:32:55 am »
 I have waited for months now for anyone else on our side running for president to pick up on some of the things that Trump is doing that excites the people.
I think they should have figured it out after Obama.
Then Trump comes in saying everything we want to hear and the crowd goes wild.

After the first 6 months when everyone saw that he was the Teflon Don they should have reworked their campaign

At this point no one wants to hear all of the things that Trump did in the past.

Trump is bombastic and larger than life in this election season.
So why hasn't anyone else come out loudly being politically incorrect?

We want our candidates to be reserved and Presidential, but in this new era (thinks Obama's campaign) we needed to come out fighting for our side.
Sadly, no one else has until now and it may be too late.
Cruz is now taking a few tips from TRUMPS playbook, as far as being noticed in the media with his creative commercials.

But he hasn't taken on the liberal media.

The people running these campaigns are living in the past. Don't upset the media. Don't act out of normal stereotype or voters will get scared.
Since June when Trump declared, it has been nonstop Trump.
8months later they still do not understand Trumps support.

Someone dropped the ball on psyops research here, and it is baffling.
Now, Trump may not end up being our nominee, and everyone will say it was how he ran his campaign.
But I say if Cruz or even Rubio had come out with the fire and attitude Trump did,  Trump would not still be in the race.

Just my two cents
Repub4 confused.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:37:44 am by Repub4Truz »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 12:15:36 pm »
From Queen's another one bites the dust.

Trump Trump Trump

Another one votes for Trump

Trump Trump Trump
Another votes for Trump

And another one votes and another votes,
Another one votes for Trump

Hey, are you voting today?
Another one votes for Trump !

Sorry mom was singing it. So I posted it. Lol

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 12:35:55 pm »

Donald Trump doesn't drink or smoke, doesn't do drugs, and doesn't go clubbing--like so many of his wealthy friends do. In fact, Trump doesn't like parties and prefers going to a Yankees game or playing golf to making the society scene.

True story.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 02:50:16 pm »
Donald Trump doesn't drink or smoke, doesn't do drugs, and doesn't go clubbing--like so many of his wealthy friends do. In fact, Trump doesn't like parties and prefers going to a Yankees game or playing golf to making the society scene.

True story.

Yep!  That is true. Which means he isn't into DC party alcoholic scene.

He had a party at his penthouse in NYC about 17 years ago.  A dear friend of mine was there with her then husband. She was 33,I think, and still in her party days.
I remember her telling  me that she was shocked that Trump only had water/club soda. He to!d her that he did not drink drug or smoke. She asked him
I will never forget that story,because Trump was always in the news at that time.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 02:59:49 pm »

goopo

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 03:01:39 pm »

Absolutely true!  Trump credits his brother with setting him on the right path.  Trump has passed this on to each of his children.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 03:08:36 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 04:26:57 pm »
=============================

LOL!  I saw a few guys with that shirt on last evening.

It was a pretty amazing rally.  Having attended the one in Sarasota on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I noticed a few things that were different about this one.

The first being, is that as much as Trump has been "at ease" with the crowds from the beginning, he is getting more and more comfortable as the months march along.  This rally was so much more "interactive" than the Sarasota one, he was basically having a conversation with large segments of the crowd as he continued along with his remarks.  And he also took a lot more time to turn around and acknowledge the crowds behind him.  (My backside wishes that we took seats over on that side that were available when we got into the arena at around 5:30PM, rather than the rock hard bleacher seats higher up on the side directly facing the podium!)

We also noticed that the crowd was much more diverse than Sarasota.  Of course, being on the USF campus certainly accounted for the large number of college kids, but what amazed me about the college kids was this:
1.  They weren't all white bread kids, the place was filled with Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics students as well.
2.  They were actually "in to" the event.  As we sat for a long time before it began, I wondered how many of them were just there for the "spectacle" of it...  watching them obsess with their phones and taking selfies, etc. made me curious to see how they would react once Trump took the stage.  Well, we were surprised!  They listened attentively to what was being said, and stood and cheered and waved their signs as much as the older folks in the crowd.

Yes, we saw them all.  From the young Hispanic family to our left, whose Mom and young daughter had to keep climbing over us to pose for pictures with the Mom from Alabama that had a big colorful poster reading: "Women & Kids for Trump!"  To the quiet white-haired vet on my right that told me the only other time he had seen a politician in person was back when he was stationed at Aviano AFB in Italy, and First Lady HRC flew in with Chelsea in tow for a photo op.

We saw the two guys waving their home-made signs: "Gay Men for Trump."  And the four young men that arrived at the base of the stairs leading in to Gate A wearing hats and shirts emblazoned with: "Muslims for Trump," were greeted warmly by the crowd with many going up to shake hands and take pictures with them.  We also spent a fair amount of time chatting with the family of 5 that drove down from Kentucky to take in the rally, while we waited in line (thank God it was a beautiful sunny, if a bit chilly, day yesterday).  Yes, they were all there, from the young women with small shorts that seemed to be painted onto to their bodies to the older men in business suits that just had "politico" written all over their faces.

The final point of difference that I noted was that Trump waited for the place to fill up before coming on stage.  We sat and watched for an extra 40 minutes as people kept streaming in to finally fill it up to rafters.  I had to get up and walk around a bit and at one point was standing near a door that opened into the arena from a stairway, it was funny because as each group came through the doorway, without fail someone uttered a very distinct "WOW!!" as they saw the sight in front of them.  At first the Sentries were trying to prevent people from standing against the railings and in the stairwells, but they gave up on that after awhile and were just using their authority to keep an open walk way at all points.  It seemed to be filled above capacity to me.

Again we lucked out (well maybe cutting the line in front of the group of kids that were taking a bunch of selfies may have helped! lol), arrived at the parking lot about 2 hours before the start and were able to get in and find decent seats.  The folks that were down on the floor right in front of the podium had apparently started lining up at 7AM for their coveted places!

A few phone pics from Mrs. Katz:

There are a bunch of good photos at that link longiron posted above: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/02/12/pictures-of-yuge-donald-trump-tampa-rally-usf-sun-dome/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 04:32:08 pm »

Guys like him have always been able to draw a crowd!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien