Author Topic: Valentine's Day Weekend Arctic Outbreak to Bring Coldest Air of the Season to Northeast, Subzero Cold to Midwest  (Read 865 times)

Offline Paladin

Ooh, bad news for those what live in these areas.

"The coldest air of the season is poised to plunge into the Northeast this coming Valentine's Day weekend. This Arctic blast will not only flirt with some daily records, but will also bring subzero cold to parts of the Midwest and reinforce the cold in the Southeast.

A sharp southward nosedive of the polar jet stream will help tap an air mass originating from the Canadian Arctica and send it into the eastern half of the country from Friday through Valentine's Day. "

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/cold-outbreak-valentines-northeast-midwest-south-feb2016

maps and further commentary at link.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And the weekend after it's supposed to be in the 50's here. Doesn't matter either way, because it's all global warming, as was the reason I spilled my tea this morning, and stubbed my toe on the dresser.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Bernie says it's human-caused climate change!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's right, folks: this Valentine's Day is going to be as cold as your ex's heart.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's right, folks: this Valentine's Day is going to be as cold as your ex's heart.

LOL!

Wingnut

All my ex's live in Texas.  And that's why I hang my hat ...elsewhere. :shrug: