Author Topic: Bloomberg Suggests Banning Young Minority Males from Gun Ownership  (Read 452 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/07/bloomberg-suggests-banning-young-minority-males-from-gun-ownership/

Speaking to the Aspen Institute on February 6, Michael Bloomberg said cities should ban young minority males from owning guns, both as an effort to reduce crime and to keep those minority males “alive.”

According to The Aspen Times, Bloomberg addressed a variety of topics, and after commenting on poverty and education, he discussed guns. The Times reported that he said, “Cities need to get guns out of [the] … hands” of persons who are “male, minority, and between the ages of 15 and 25.”

He claimed that “95 percent of all murders fall into this category” and that taking guns away from them will not only reduce crime, but will “keep them alive.”

Bloomberg said male minorities from the ages of 15 to 25 do not have a good outlook on life and “think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed.” He also said having a gun “is a joke” for them, that “it’s a joke to pull the trigger.”

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Bloomberg Suggests Banning Young Minority Males from Gun Ownership
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:32:31 pm »
Hmmm...guess that makes Trump's temporary ban on Muslim refugees look like small potatoes now.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:39:19 pm »
Can we ban Bloomberg too?

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:20:51 pm »
I'm surprised he's able to pry himself away from trying to ban large servings of sugary, carbonated beverages.

And he's a ja[XXX]ss for suggesting this.  It's wrong and the guy needs to be told so... in no uncertain terms.

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:53:42 pm »
Talk about being a racist. Where is the outcry over this. Bloomberg needs to shut the heck up.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 01:18:04 am »
A question:
Aren't ALL "young males" -- minority or otherwise -- banned from buying handguns (legally) until age 21?

I sense that most "young minority males" who have guns, didn't obtain them legally and wouldn't give a whit about one more law "banning" them from owning same...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 01:25:37 am »
A question:
Aren't ALL "young males" -- minority or otherwise -- banned from buying handguns (legally) until age 21?

I sense that most "young minority males" who have guns, didn't obtain them legally and wouldn't give a whit about one more law "banning" them from owning same...

They know that. This is just a trial balloon for a camels nose effort.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:26:49 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 01:51:53 am »
A question:

YES!  BUT they all have guns!  So how and where do they come from?

They are called "Ghost Guns"

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/underworld-inc/episodes/ghost-guns/

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 12:31:30 pm »
Hmmm...guess that makes Trump's temporary ban on Muslim refugees look like small potatoes now.
You'd think!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 12:47:47 pm »
When you give up your bodyguard detail of former cops, then you can talk to me, Mike. And I still won't be listening.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee