Author Topic: Live Thread>>New Hampshire Results>>The First Votes of the New Hampshire Primary Have Been Cast  (Read 14482 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I completely agree. 

Didn't like all the policies.... especially didn't like the 2nd term spending of George W., bank bailouts, etc., but honorable?  YES.  "Crime family?"  Same as the Clintons??  Not a chance.

Edited to add: It's the argument about how eeeeevil George W. Bush was that's "yesterday's argument."

Really? What about Prescott Bush Sr laundering Nazi money during WW-2,or Poppy accepting the VP slot so he had a chance of being elected once Reagan left office so he could overturn Reaganism?

I will grant you that Boy Jorge most likely was an innocent that was manipulated by his handlers,but practically the first thing he did after taking office was to shut down all the criminal investigations into the Clinton presidency.  This means that Clinton got away with selling nuclear sub missile and propeller technology to China,amongst other things.

Now we have JEB,who happens to be the only member if his immediate family that hasn't been arrested. Both of his sons,his daughter,and his wife all have arrest records.

That doesn't make them a crime family though,does it?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I put that in and got the top 3 including a blog that mentioned the possibility of Bush signing the AWB if sent to him, A NY Times article on the Brady Bill, and a fact-check article on whether Obama flip-flopped on gun control.  Seriously, if you have a single credible source, why not just post it?  I don't think anyone here has a problem posting links to support their positions.

I have no intention of posting links for you or anyone else. Why should I when they are out there for you to find as easily as me? The time I waste on that crap for people that honestly don't give a damn and wouldn't if they saw it done on live tv can be better  used doing other things.

AND....at least one of the first three links didn't "mention the possibility" of him signing the AWB. It quoted him directly and he was stating a FACT that he would sign it if sent to him.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:48:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
NO!   11513 It's still moving...

But only because we keep hitting it!

**nononono*

Offline MACVSOG68

I have no intention of posting links for you or anyone else. Why should I when they are out there for you to find as easily as me? The time I waste on that crap for people that honestly don't give a damn and wouldn't if they saw it done on live tv can be better  used doing other things.

AND....at least one of the first three links didn't "mention the possibility" of him signing the AWB. It quoted him directly and he was stating a FACT that he would sign it if sent to him.

And yet I posted links for you, lol.   I'm sure you understand the difference between the possibility of signing the AWB bill and signing any gun control bill sent to him.  But I do notice you actually did a search as you told us we would find 5,350,000 results..:pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
My take away from all of this:
1. Bush did some good things and some bad things
2. No more Bushs or Clintons.

Can we move on now?

I get that, but here's an equally salient point.

Jeb Bush's record as Governor of Florida is the strongest conservative record in the field of candidates today. The man not only talked about being a conservative but he governed as a pro-life, pro Second Amendment fiscal conservative, who created jobs and cut both taxes and the size of the State government.

So, to simply discard him as a candidate because of his last name makes as little sense as supporting a candidate for the Presidency because of the color of their skin or their gender.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:03:39 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And yet I posted links for you, lol.   I'm sure you understand the difference between the possibility of signing the AWB bill and signing any gun control bill sent to him.  But I do notice you actually did a search as you told us we would find 5,350,000 results..:pondering:

The only difference is it was only a possibility because he never got the chance to sign it. He also said he would sign ANY gun control bill that Congress passed and sent him to sign. THERE is where the possibility that he and his handlers thought they could be "almost pregnant" because he would then be free to sign any gun control bill short of actual confiscation,which he and everyone else knew wasn't going to happen at that time. It might happen in the future,but it wasn't going to happen then.

And now I am done with this thread. I have better things to do with my time.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:06:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The only difference is it was only a possibility because he never got the chance to sign it. He also said he would sign ANY gun control bill that Congress passed and sent him to sign THERE is where the possibility that he and his handlers thought they could be "almost pregnant" because he would then be free to sign any gun control bill short of actual confiscation,which he and everyone else knew wasn't going to happen at that time. It might happen in the future,but it wasn't going to happen then.

And now I am done with this thread. I have better things to do with my time.

He said no such thing, ever.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Jeb Bush's record as Governor of Florida is the strongest conservative record in the field of candidates today. The man not only talked about being a conservative but he governed as a pro-life, pro Second Amendment fiscal conservative, who created jobs and cut both taxes and the size of the State government.

You're right, he had an extraordinarily successful record of governing as a conservative.   Sure wish he'd remember Reagan's 11th commandment, though.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You're right, he had an extraordinarily successful record of governing as a conservative.   Sure wish he'd remember Reagan's 11th commandment, though.

When he was living by it, he was accused of being low energy and not really wanting the nomination because he wasn't aggressive enough.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
When he was living by it, he was accused of being low energy and not really wanting the nomination because he wasn't aggressive enough.

Well, that was Trump.   He's certainly entitled to fight back against Trump (who isn't a real Republican anyway).   But his Right to Rise PAC has spent millions tarring Rubio, Kasich, Christie.  I'm finding it increasingly difficult supporting the man - and by all rights I should be the sort of main street conservative who'd ordinarily be in his corner.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Well, that was Trump.   He's certainly entitled to fight back against Trump (who isn't a real Republican anyway).   But his Right to Rise PAC has spent millions tarring Rubio, Kasich, Christie.  I'm finding it increasingly difficult supporting the man - and by all rights I should be the sort of main street conservative who'd ordinarily be in his corner.   

Yeah... it's a diffcult cycle.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

You know, you could just not click on the link.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:38:35 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You know, you could just not click on the link.

No, not correct.  Everytime someone posts something on this thread, I get a notification. 

Y'all could just quit beating the dead horse.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No, not correct.  Everytime someone posts something on this thread, I get a notification. 

Y'all could just quit beating the dead horse.

I LIKE beating on dead horses.

They complain way less than live ones.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:53:15 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline MACVSOG68

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I LIKE beating on dead horse.

They complain way less than live ones.

Completely Justified, IMHO!     :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:36:38 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

You go ahead and keep believing that if that's what it takes to make you happy.

It's a moot point now anyhow,since he will never again be President.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Gues what,Bubba? I don't work for you and I don't respond to YOUR BS claims in defense of scum like the Bush Crime Family.

Nor am I responsible for your ignorance and lack of attention.

Can't back up your assertion so you respond with indignant anger.  How Trump like.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You go ahead and keep believing that if that's what it takes to make you happy.

It's a moot point now anyhow,since he will never again be President.

Two pretty adept researchers took the time to see if what you said was true and neither could find any proof of it, and you won't provide any proof yourself.

You lied.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:43:11 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Two pretty adept researchers took the time to see if what you said was true and neither could find any proof of it, and you won't provide any proof yourself.

You lied.

Don't blame ME for your incompetence. You ignored this stuff when it was in the news 10 years ago,and are still ignoring it.

In real life,you would call me  a liar of one time and I would change your life. Here you can get away with that because you have been here longer than me,and suck up to the moderators. If I responded in kind I would be banned despite you being the  one that started the personal attacks. People like you really piss me off.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:33:03 am by sneakypete »

Don't blame ME for your incompetence. You ignored this stuff when it was in the news 10 years ago,and are still ignoring it.

In real life,you would call me  a liar of one time and I would change your life. Here you can get away with that because you have been here longer than me,and suck up to the moderators. If I responded in kind I would be banned despite you being the  one that started the personal attacks. People like you really piss me off.

Don't be pissed.  Prove us wrong.  You found 5 billion hits to "Bush wants to disarm Texas" or some such silly crap.  Show me 2 links.

As far as Luis being a suck up to the moderators?  You go ahead and keep believing that if that's what it takes to make you happy.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't be pissed.  Prove us wrong.  You found 5 billion hits to "Bush wants to disarm Texas" or some such silly crap.  Show me 2 links.

As far as Luis being a suck up to the moderators?  You go ahead and keep believing that if that's what it takes to make you happy.

Now you are lying. It was 5 MILLION.

And I have not been  hired to teach retards how to find links. Find them yourself. Other people had no trouble.

And I have not been  hired to teach retards how to find links.
You're a people person aren't you?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:11:17 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Now you are lying. It was 5 MILLION.

And I have not been  hired to teach retards how to find links. Find them yourself. Other people had no trouble.

You're lying.

There are no such links and Bush never said any such thing.

In real life, I'd make you my bitch.