Author Topic: The Last of the Bushes....Ross Douthat  (Read 203 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Last of the Bushes....Ross Douthat
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:05:09 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/07/opinion/sunday/the-last-of-the-bushes.html?ref=opinion

The Last of the Bushes

Ross Douthat FEB. 6, 2016

GEORGE H. W. BUSH was the first politician I ever disliked. I was 12, my parents were loyal Democrats, and every night we’d watch the news, cheer for whatever Bill Clinton was saying on the trail, and then glower at the screen when Peter Jennings went to Brit Hume, then the White House correspondent, for an update on what the incumbent president was up to.

For a kid new to politics, in a family that regarded Republicans as stuffed shirts and black hats, the fact that the elder Bush had been elected president was simply baffling. His voice, his affect, his malapropisms, his endless forehead — they reminded me of a stiff in one of the black-and-white films my parents watched, or the Token Clueless Grown-up in a kids’ adventure movie. Watching him nightly, I kept thinking: How could anyone like this guy?

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: The Last of the Bushes....Ross Douthat
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 12:27:09 am »
Gotta get elected to be able to do something, and Jeb has never had any "fire." Most of the time, he acts as if he HAD to do this, that it was expected of him as part of the family legacy. 

Voters sense that his heart is not in this and are going to turn a big thumbs down on Tuesday.

He might go on, but he and his campaign will know it's over.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.