Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Will End Private Gun Ownership  (Read 1240 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary Clinton Will End Private Gun Ownership
« on: February 06, 2016, 09:20:19 pm »
Posted on February 5, 2016 by Justin Stakes

By Don McDougall

United States -(AmmoLand.com)- For the 1st time in American history, the leading candidate for the Democrat party is running on a platform that would prohibit the private ownership of firearms.

How can this be? It was Kennedy and McGovern who blunted Nixon’s desire to ban handguns. Bush 41 banned more guns that Bill Clinton. Where before the 2nd Amendment was a bi-partisan issue with nuanced degrees of interpretation now one of the political party’s wants it destroyed!

The simple fact is there are no longer any moderate Democrats. When I was a kid registered Democrats were 45% of the electorate, that number is now less than 30%. One recent study showed it as low as 26%. This number will continue to decline as the last few gun owners are chased out of the Democrat party. Hillary can never go too far to the left to win her party’s nomination because all the moderate and more conservative Democrats are no more. If she wins the nomination, I’ll guarantee you’ll hear her talking about how she will respect the 2nd Amendment in her new laws.

Here’s the problem with that, as a candidate Hillary has already stated that the 2nd Amendment does not apply to you and me. She has been vocal in that Heller, and McDonald were wrongly adjudicated and should be over turned. While we could fight that battle again, it is her decision to allow civil suits against gun dealers and manufacturers if their guns are used in a crime that will spell our demise. No need for a defective product or an error in design. Forget that the Federal Government has to approve all new gun sales through the background check system. Imagine if this was applied to a car? You blow a tire on a turn on a rainy night and hit another care with your Prius. Well, then the manufacturer and the dealer where you bought the car would be held responsible as well as you.

Their liberal logic is perplexing. In Santa Barbara when Elliot Rogers loses what little of his mind he has left and stabs three people to death and then uses his car as his primary weapon in killing three more and wounding 12 it is treated as a gun crime. His knife and the car did most of the damage but never let a good tragedy go to waste I guess. Now if Hillary has her way the gun manufacturer and seller would be responsible. Forgetting that he passed his background checks, and that his family tried to involve the police early to prevent this tragedy. Why is the car manufacturer and dealership exempt and the gun dealer and manufacturer forced out of business?

This is GREAT news for the trial lawyers who are funding Hillary’s campaign. For us gun owners it will end out the ability to buy or sell a gun and put all manufacturers and gun stores and ranges out of business. That, after all, IS their goal. When this “Legislation by Litigation” was originally started back in the 2000’s Eliot Spitzer the then AG for New York bragged he would use it to bankrupt every gun maker in the country! So if we take her at her word all personal sales and inter-family transfers would also be targeted. Trial lawyers have given almost $8 million to Hillary since last year alone.

Following the Heller and McDonald Decisions Hillary was vocal; “… the Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment. And I am going to make that case every chance I get.” As for gun dealers and manufactures she blamed them for mass shooting and said, “Let’s put the gun makers and sellers on notice that they’re not going to get away with it.”

Putting this in plain English. According to Hillary “There is no individual right to own a gun” and unlike ANYTOHER product in the US “the manufacturer is liable for how a criminal uses their product.”

This is Hillary Clinton’s position on guns and gun ownership. The changing face of the Democrat party means there is no middle to be concerned about. Bill Clinton’s tactic of “Triangulation” is no more, there is no center to shift too. There is only the 26% that is far to the left, and that sees the Constitution as nothing more than “A piece of paper.”

So what can you do? You’ve registered to vote, you joined the NRA, you read AmmoLand and other pro-gun sites to keep up with the news. What more can you do? Next week I’ll outline the three things you can do.

We have one chance at this, ONE!

If we lose our country will be irrevocably changed.

About Don McDougall:

Don McDougall is an NRA instructor and member of the Los Padres “Friends of the NRA” committee. If he’s not at the range you will find him setting the record straight with on gun issues and gun safety on AmmoLand Shooting Sports News.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/02/hillary-clinton-will-end-private-gun-ownership/#ixzz3zQPlVPB2
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Offline flowers

Re: Hillary Clinton Will End Private Gun Ownership
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 09:34:24 pm »
any of them get gig......many things will end.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 09:35:05 pm »

No she won't! She may try but will never get it done in her lifetime. That is to many people's line in the sand including myself.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 10:18:35 pm »
No she won't! She may try but will never get it done in her lifetime. That is to many people's line in the sand including myself.

I have to agree. If there was any physical way to confiscate guns in America, legally or illegally, Obama and his goons would do it. The fact that Obama hasn't done it by now, means that the powers that be have determined that it would lead to massive civil unrest like nothing we have seen since the civil war. Otherwise, it would already have been done.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 10:42:15 pm »
I have to agree. If there was any physical way to confiscate guns in America, legally or illegally, Obama and his goons would do it. The fact that Obama hasn't done it by now, means that the powers that be have determined that it would lead to massive civil unrest like nothing we have seen since the civil war. Otherwise, it would already have been done.
notice how soros and obama have bought stocks in gun companies? 

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 03:50:24 am »
Tell Tubby to come and get mine. Personally. She can even bring Willy and Miss Hubbell with her.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 03:55:49 am »
They can't figure out a way to get rid of 10 million illegal aliens but they think they can declare 100 million firearms illegal and get rid of them? OOOOOOOkay.

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 05:09:18 am »
They can't figure out a way to get rid of 10 million illegal aliens but they think they can declare 100 million firearms illegal and get rid of them? OOOOOOOkay.

More like 270 million.  There are enough guns in America to have one issued to every man, woman, and child.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:10:00 am by HonestJohn »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 01:39:54 pm »
 "Hillary Clinton Will End Private Gun Ownership"

No,she won't. At MOST she will try and the result will be 90 percent of gun owners will hide their guns and tell the police they sold them "years ago,and can't remember who I sold them to.".

Of that 90 percent,probably 10 percent will cop an attitude and freely admit they still have them,and tell the cops "If you want them,come take them from me." Some big city PD's may rise to the challenge,but it's not going to be a popular thing to do for very long as PD's suddenly have no volunteers for their SWAT teams and are reduced to arresting suspected gun owners at work,as they walk along the street,or as they stand in line at the grocery store and then send teams to break down the doors of the suspects house to search for guns.

That won't last long either,as gun owners start following police home from work shifts,and start breaking into the homes of the police and killing them and taking THEIR guns.

Didn't the Beatles have song lyrics that went "So you want to start a revolution...."?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:23:08 pm »
The left is working on many ideas to end gun ownership.  The current initiative of background checks is their starting point.  Dems in Congress are already working on getting rid of the 72 hour requirement for a background check, meaning the "check" can take much more time.  Currently the seller can sell if the check isn't done within 72 hours under a default proceed.  Hillary calls it a loophole.

Other concepts being pushed by leftists include paying for background checks and licenses, requirement for insurance, gun safety classes...every year, inspection requirements, and various other ownership mandates.  As pointed out in the article, they want to make both manufacturers and sellers of guns liable for misuse of a gun.  They want to make a homeowner criminally liable if a gun is stolen and misused.  They want safety gear put on a gun that would make it almost impossible to get ready quick enough in case of an attack, including a requirement to put guns in safes in some jurisdictions.   They want guns that look "mean" to be outlawed.  Schools suspend children for a thumb and forefinger made to look like a gun, or even drawing a picture of a gun.  Rather than teaching gun safety, schools teach gun hatred and fear.

These and other ideas are being pushed slowly by the left so as not to alarm the 100 million gun owners in America. They move in slow steps not large strides.  Ask anyone from the left about their goals, and each will say "Oh, we're not trying to take your guns away", but the onerous nature of their efforts, if successful, will have the effect of simply dissuading most from ever considering the purchase of a firearm. 

And the homicides will continue unabated. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 02:56:30 pm »
The left is working on many ideas to end gun ownership. ...

Also, they strive to control the flow and availability of ammunition.  Incrementalism of the Left never halts.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 04:59:08 pm »
Also, they strive to control the flow and availability of ammunition.  Incrementalism of the Left never halts.

Yes, ammo and magazines are yet another aspect of their assault on the Second Amendment.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 05:22:49 pm »
A full frontal assault gun confiscation attempt would likely be met by the state of Texas telling the Feds to piss off, with many of the smaller interior states following it's lead.

At that point DC will have decision to make, whether to enforce it and start a conflict, or use better judgement and back down. I expect the former.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 05:28:25 pm »
The left is working on many ideas to end gun ownership.  The current initiative of background checks is their starting point.  Dems in Congress are already working on getting rid of the 72 hour requirement for a background check, meaning the "check" can take much more time.  Currently the seller can sell if the check isn't done within 72 hours under a default proceed.  Hillary calls it a loophole.

Other concepts being pushed by leftists include paying for background checks and licenses, requirement for insurance, gun safety classes...every year, inspection requirements, and various other ownership mandates.  As pointed out in the article, they want to make both manufacturers and sellers of guns liable for misuse of a gun.  They want to make a homeowner criminally liable if a gun is stolen and misused.  They want safety gear put on a gun that would make it almost impossible to get ready quick enough in case of an attack, including a requirement to put guns in safes in some jurisdictions.   They want guns that look "mean" to be outlawed.  Schools suspend children for a thumb and forefinger made to look like a gun, or even drawing a picture of a gun.  Rather than teaching gun safety, schools teach gun hatred and fear.

These and other ideas are being pushed slowly by the left so as not to alarm the 100 million gun owners in America. They move in slow steps not large strides.  Ask anyone from the left about their goals, and each will say "Oh, we're not trying to take your guns away", but the onerous nature of their efforts, if successful, will have the effect of simply dissuading most from ever considering the purchase of a firearm. 

And the homicides will continue unabated.

All those 'incremental steps' are going to do is fuel the black market on guns and ammo. All the Feds are accomplishing by doing all this is to cut themselves out of the picture. Anyone who wants a gun will still have one, only the Government will know nothing about it.

The net results of these new burdens and fees the government is championing is that they are harming themselves. Not only are they losing tax revenue, they are losing the ability to know who is armed and who is not. If the government is determined to make it nearly impossible to 'obey the law', then people will simply stop obeying the law.

If I ever need a gun, the last thing I am worried about is if the gun is so called 'legal' or not. In that situation, government legalities become irrelevant.

And since, these days, virtually everything is "illegal" anyway, then who cares?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 07:14:27 pm »
All those 'incremental steps' are going to do is fuel the black market on guns and ammo. All the Feds are accomplishing by doing all this is to cut themselves out of the picture. Anyone who wants a gun will still have one, only the Government will know nothing about it.

The net results of these new burdens and fees the government is championing is that they are harming themselves. Not only are they losing tax revenue, they are losing the ability to know who is armed and who is not. If the government is determined to make it nearly impossible to 'obey the law', then people will simply stop obeying the law.

If I ever need a gun, the last thing I am worried about is if the gun is so called 'legal' or not. In that situation, government legalities become irrelevant.

And since, these days, virtually everything is "illegal" anyway, then who cares?

The left believes that most Americans will not go the black market route.  And they are right, because most do concern themselves with the legality of a transaction, and thus will do without rather than jump the hoops and incur the costs.  But yes, the black market looks forward to this.  The sale of guns proliferates legally every time the President opens his mouth about it because of the fear of losing that right.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 07:36:03 pm »

300 million firearms in the US owned by over 60% of households. It is a losing prospect. Plus, if they ban it and they are all confiscated, they won't have it as an issue to rile the masses up over.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 07:40:48 pm »
The left believes that most Americans will not go the black market route.  And they are right, because most do concern themselves with the legality of a transaction, and thus will do without rather than jump the hoops and incur the costs.  But yes, the black market looks forward to this.  The sale of guns proliferates legally every time the President opens his mouth about it because of the fear of losing that right.

It is true that most people prefer to do things legally. But when that is no longer an option then they will find another way. Guns are different from a normal purchase or transaction. For many Americans, having a gun is like their right arm.

Regardless of how many people turn in their guns or voluntarily disarm, the amount that remain armed or buy on the black market will be unknown to the government.

The government may have the impression that no one owns a gun, when in fact many or most of the people who used to have a gun are still armed. The government will become blind to who is armed or not, and blind to what percentage of the population owns a gun. It may be less than it is now, or not? The government will have no way of knowing. They will be out of the loop.

How are the police going to trace a gun involved in a shooting if guns are illegal? According to the government, the gun does not even exist.

If they are successful in implementing these gun prohibition policies, the amount of people with so called "illegal guns" will skyrocket. And the government will not know who or how many they are.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 08:24:52 pm »
It is true that most people prefer to do things legally. But when that is no longer an option then they will find another way. Guns are different from a normal purchase or transaction. For many Americans, having a gun is like their right arm.

Regardless of how many people turn in their guns or voluntarily disarm, the amount that remain armed or buy on the black market will be unknown to the government.

The government may have the impression that no one owns a gun, when in fact many or most of the people who used to have a gun are still armed. The government will become blind to who is armed or not, and blind to what percentage of the population owns a gun. It may be less than it is now, or not? The government will have no way of knowing. They will be out of the loop.

How are the police going to trace a gun involved in a shooting if guns are illegal? According to the government, the gun does not even exist.

If they are successful in implementing these gun prohibition policies, the amount of people with so called "illegal guns" will skyrocket. And the government will not know who or how many they are.

I don't disagree with you in principle at all.  If we disagree it would be the extent of future ownership of illegal firearms.  Blue states and local governments are already doing a lot of those things, ever so slowly.  It's not altogether different from socialism.  One drip at a time.  I was in Scotland a few years ago.  Beautiful country with a magnificent history.  They were a free people who turned away numerous invasions.  The Romans, Saxons, Vikings all tended to more or less stay south of the Picts, Scots.  They embraced their freedoms like no other nation.  According to our guide who lives there, today they are riddled with laws that would make us shudder.  Their parliament has nothing to do but create regulation after regulation.  You can have a long gun for hunting there, but it must be registered and kept in a gun safe.  If you have one, you are subject to an inspection at any time.  You may only use lethal force as a last resort to prevent a death.  Any other reason will put you away forever.  You cannot use force to protect property.  You must call the police.  The left here would love those policies.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 08:50:17 pm »
I don't disagree with you in principle at all.  If we disagree it would be the extent of future ownership of illegal firearms.  Blue states and local governments are already doing a lot of those things, ever so slowly.  It's not altogether different from socialism.  One drip at a time.  I was in Scotland a few years ago.  Beautiful country with a magnificent history.  They were a free people who turned away numerous invasions.  The Romans, Saxons, Vikings all tended to more or less stay south of the Picts, Scots.  They embraced their freedoms like no other nation.  According to our guide who lives there, today they are riddled with laws that would make us shudder.  Their parliament has nothing to do but create regulation after regulation.  You can have a long gun for hunting there, but it must be registered and kept in a gun safe.  If you have one, you are subject to an inspection at any time.  You may only use lethal force as a last resort to prevent a death.  Any other reason will put you away forever.  You cannot use force to protect property.  You must call the police.  The left here would love those policies.

And, of course, I do not disagree with you. We are not so much debating as we are adding points to our mutual discussion.

I know that Scotland as well as dozens of other nations have been disarmed. However, I happen to believe that those examples are not applicable to America.

There is no culture on Earth like America. Scotland has a completely different culture and history than America. There were no pioneers or the wild wild west in Scotland. To an American, owning a gun is as natural as owning a house. There is no other nation on the planet like that. Gun ownership is an extremely sensitive issue in America, and it is something that citizens take very, very, seriously. Infringing on gun ownership here, is like playing with dynamite.

I know the Leftists are doing a drip, drip, drip, policy toward disarming America. But, eventually it will reach a critical mass, and the 60% of Americans with guns will revolt against the 10% Liberal population. And that point of revolt, is getting nearer every year.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 01:36:06 am »
sneakypete wrote above:
"That won't last long either,as gun owners start following police home from work shifts,and start breaking into the homes of the police and killing them and taking THEIR guns."

Jes' wonderin'...

Have you ever read John Ross' book, "Unintended Consequences"?

I've posted before how to find it.

Just open a search engine, and enter the text "unintended consequences pdf".

First or second hit should do it.

If you care about the Second Amendment, you should read this book...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 01:49:28 am »
sneakypete wrote above:
"That won't last long either,as gun owners start following police home from work shifts,and start breaking into the homes of the police and killing them and taking THEIR guns."

Jes' wonderin'...

Have you ever read John Ross' book, "Unintended Consequences"?

I've posted before how to find it.

Just open a search engine, and enter the text "unintended consequences pdf".

First or second hit should do it.

If you care about the Second Amendment, you should read this book...

'Paging Henry Bowman. Henry Bowman pick up the white courtesy phone.'
The Republic is lost.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 04:39:31 am »

Jes' wonderin'...

Have you ever read John Ross' book, "Unintended Consequences"? [/quote ]

Yes. Excellent book.

Ironically enough,he ran as a Dim for a seat in Congrees from Mo,and was defeated.

Still haven't figured out why a man as smart as him would be a Dim.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!