Author Topic: FOLLOWING THE BILLIONAIRES BACKGROUNDER - Mark Zuckerberg, George Soros, Rupert Murdoch Bankrolling Immigration Reform  (Read 3069 times)

HAPPY2BME

Christian Post
October 26, 2013

Big names in big businesses are lobbying for immigration reform in Washington, D.C., including Mark Zuckerberg, George Soros, and Rupert Murdoch. But political strategists disagree about the motivation behind the money.

"Backing the push for comprehensive reform is an array of deep-pocketed special interests from an ostensibly diverse range of ideological perspectives, including the Chamber of Commerce, Rupert Murdoch, the Koch brothers, Mark Zuckerberg, Michael Bloomberg, George Soros, the AFL-CIO, the National Council of La Raza, and others," writes National Review's Andrew Stiles. Stiles added that Facebook Founder Zuckerberg announced plans to spend $50 million.

Dan Holler, communications director for Heritage Action for America, told The Christian Post in an interview on Friday that, "All the money is on the pro-amnesty side and certainly big business is behind bankrolling that." Holler did not speculate as to why these interests are supporting what he deems "amnesty," but at a Heritage Foundation briefing on Wednesday, a conservative pundit said big businesses want "amnesty" in order to get Democrats – the party of big business and big government – elected.

"If you take amnesty off the table, real immigration reform is something that could make its way through the process," Holler argued. "Christians should support reforms to the legal immigration system, but not amnesty," because it is allegedly unfair to the Americans already here since jobs are already scarce and introducing new people into the labor market will make it harder still.

A libertarian strategist, who asked not to be identified, described a meeting of a coalition focused on promoting economic growth through immigration reform. The coalition is "not on the Heritage Action side, which is trying to kill immigration reform," he alleged, and it isn't "on the big business, big labor side," including figures like Zuckerberg, lobbying for immigration reform.

"We're interested in genuine policy – what are the best ways to solve problems," the strategist explained. He argued that the lobbyists are focused on the small, specific provisions of an immigration reform bill, while his coalition aims to pass reform and solve major problems. "I think it's a matter of big picture verses specifics," he said.

"Cutting the deals kind of side, negotiating, is important, but that's not what our side is focused on," the libertarian strategist explained. His coalition aims to do whatever is necessary to strengthen the economy – decrease the unemployment rate and ensure creation of new businesses. The immigration system is broken, and if it is fixed, it can help businesses hire new skilled workers and achieve growth that helps everyone, he said.

"Having more people coming to this county will help native-born Americans economically," he believes. He said using arguments like that will help pass immigration reform.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-george-soros-rupert-murdoch-bankrolling-immigration-reform-107497/

Offline Longiron

Thanks for Posting. Murdoch and SONS at FOX are finally being exposed for the LIBS they are. :beer:

HAPPY2BME

Thanks for Posting. Murdoch and SONS at FOX are finally being exposed for the LIBS they are. :beer:

=======================================

Fox News’ Not-So-Secret Open Borders Obsession …

MORE “CONSERVATIVE” COVERAGE …

Reporter Julia Hahn of Breitbart has a wonderful piece up this week delving into the connections between Fox News and a group called the Partnership for A New American Economy (PNAE).

According to Hahn, Fox founder Rupert Murdoch is the co-chairman of this group – which in addition to advocating for U.S. Senator Marco Rubio‘s 2013 amnesty bill has been “blanketing the country, media, and politicians with literature, advertisements, and a barrage of lobbyists pushing for open border immigration policies.”

Specifically, the group believes that anyone opposing illegal immigration is committing political suicide.

“Candidates who take positions that cast them as anti-immigration will start the general election at a 24-point disadvantage among likely voters and at an even greater disadvantage among key electoral groups, such as college-educated white women and young voters,” the group contends.

Fox’s connections to this group have become worth exploring in the aftermath of GOP frontrunner Donald Trump‘s refusal to participate in a debate on the network – which has already tried (and failed) to kneecap his front-running 2016 candidacy.

Trump accused the network of trying to “toy with him.”

“While Donald Trump has pledged to deport those illegally residing in the country and temporarily pause Muslim migration, Rubio’s immigration bill would have granted immediate amnesty and eventual citizenship to millions of illegal aliens, it would have doubled the annual admission of foreign workers, and it would have dispensed 33 million green cards to foreign nationals in the span of a single decade despite current record immigration levels,” Hahn’s report noted.

Has Fox News questioned Rubio about his support for amnesty in its debates?  No …

“While Megyn Kelly made headlines with her heated questioning of Donald Trump, not one of the Fox News anchors asked Rubio in the first Fox News debate about his signature piece of legislation, which Murdoch’s immigration lobbying firm had endorsed,” Hahn noted. “Instead, they lobbed Rubio a series of softballs, such as asking Rubio if he could put God and veterans in the same sentence.”

Hahn’s report also revealed another connection between the network and Rubio.

“Bill Sammon – FOX News’s vice president of news and Washington managing editor – is the father of Brooke Sammon, who is Rubio’s press secretary,” she noted.

How cozy …

Of interest?  Liberal U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina – whose support of amnesty for illegals earned him the nickname “Grahamnesty” – has previously praised Fox News for its support of open borders.

“God bless Fox,” Graham said during a 2013 interview with The New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza.

During that same interview, another liberal U.S. Senator – John McCain of Arizona – named Murdoch and current Fox president Roger Ailes as being on the amnesty team, too.

“Rupert Murdoch is a strong supporter of immigration reform, and Roger Ailes is, too,” McCain told Lizza.

http://www.fitsnews.com/2016/01/27/fox-news-not-so-secret-open-borders-obsession/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Fox is full of open borders financiers, operatives and backers.  It's been obvious for some time.  People really need to open their eyes!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

They ain't "LIBS" pal, they are dyed-in-the-wool globalists.   :beer:

Offline katzenjammer

Fox is full of open borders financiers, operatives and backers.  It's been obvious for some time.  People really need to open their eyes!

NO!

They are "good guys" by definition, i.e., if they can inflict damage on the Trump "bulldozer" (I couldn't resist!), then none of that matters!!

:silly:

Offline Longiron

My bad, you are RIGHT Most LIBS, DEMS and Establishment Conservatives, RINOGOPe do not know what Globalists are? :beer:

Offline andy58-in-nh

A lot of them most certainly are. It defies logic how someone who calls themselves a "conservative" might support an open-borders policy that is damaging America's economy, culture and security. It will never adversely affect billionaires, who can simply relocate anywhere. But it is positively crushing the American middle class and the working class, who keep voting for politicians who promise to close the borders, and then betray their trust when the money men come calling.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

HAPPY2BME

A lot of them most certainly are. It defies logic how someone who calls themselves a "conservative" might support an open-borders policy that is damaging America's economy, culture and security. It will never adversely affect billionaires, who can simply relocate anywhere. But it is positively crushing the American middle class and the working class, who keep voting for politicians who promise to close the borders, and then betray their trust when the money men come calling.

=====================================

Jeb Bush, Rupert Murdoch, and Valerie Jarrett

Offline katzenjammer

Absolutely correct, Andy.  They've been working a meme that they thought they would bring to some level of ad pedem litterae completion in their $10M "autopsy report" after 2012.  Of course the core of that meme is the absolute, unquestionable "fact" that the GOP must support "comprehensive immigration reform" (no doubt in a 2,000+ page bill that will contain all of the sovereignty surrendering, economy destroying, and society degrading measures, that no one will read before passing), to gain more of the elusive "Hispanic vote." 

You know, that downright demeaning characterization that all "Hispanics" will vote as a monolithic block for open borders and amnesty.

As you point out, the billionaires will never be impacted negatively by all of the destruction.  But they have been banking on fooling enough of their plantation base of "conservative" voters to accomplish their goals.  We may be at a point in time where that meme is collapsing on itself based on the subject matter and tone of discussion during this primary season.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

There is NOTHING "liberal" about leftism/globalism. It is nothing short of global fascism,and the goal is to control the whole world and only one tax and business system for the people that will run the system to manipulate.

It's ALL about lowering taxes and increasing the control of the bankers and other investors.

Period.

Once they gain control there will be no more debates about abortion,gun control,environmental issues,etc,etc,etc. Only dictates.

And since they will be the only ones allowed to vote or own property,what they say will go.

It will truly be a wonderful world. If you are a billionaire,of course.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
God almighty! What is wrong with you people?

Some people hold a view that you don't like so you want to do away with them? 

God save us all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
God almighty! What is wrong with you people?

Some people hold a view that you don't like so you want to do away with them? 

God save us all!

So, are you for open borders Bigun?  I didn't think you were and I think I've seen you battling people before that are in favor of it?  I don't understand.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So, are you for open borders Bigun?  I didn't think you were and I think I've seen you battling people before that are in favor of it?  I don't understand.

You know better than that Alice and It is beneath you to try ands twist what I said in that manner!  I am decidedly NOT for open borders but neither am I so afraid of those wh oppose me on that as to want to do away with THEIR rights!

I'm perfectly happy to take them on on the issue and DEFEAT them!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien