Author Topic: Trump on Cruz: Let’s face it, “Ted was in favor of amnesty”  (Read 3900 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump on Cruz: Let’s face it, “Ted was in favor of amnesty”
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »
Nope, just have to stay honest in how we present our facts and opinions.  Pretty simple.

It would be nice if that standard went both ways........

This is becoming a one candidate forum (not because of the owner, but because of the posters), and that makes it quite unpleasant for those of us who think independently.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 09:26:29 pm »

This is becoming a one candidate forum (not because of the owner, but because of the posters), and that makes it quite unpleasant for those of us who think independently.

Ridiculous. Of the 29 posters currently online, I counted roughly equal support between the viable candidates and the undeclared.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 09:27:27 pm »

I totally agree with your first statement, and I believe that it is incumbent on all of us to attempt to keep it that way.

I don't agree with your second statement at all.  It seems that there is support for many of the GOP Primary candidates here.  I see posts supporting Rubio, Fiorina, and Cruz every day here.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 09:28:27 pm »
Ridiculous. Of the 29 posters currently online, I counted roughly equal support between the viable candidates and the undeclared.

Try saying anything bad about Trump and see if your perception changes.............

(Even nice katzenjammer's keeping records on an 'offender').

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »
Please don't change titles of articles...it's hard enough sorting out all the duplicate threads.

Also....AbaraXas is not slimey **nononono*..and is a good friend of TBR..
:patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2016, 09:29:50 pm »
I totally agree with your first statement, and I believe that it is incumbent on all of us to attempt to keep it that way.

I don't agree with your second statement at all.  It seems that there is support for many of the GOP Primary candidates here.  I see posts supporting Rubio, Fiorina, and Cruz every day here.

If you support Trump (and you do), you don't understand what's happening to those who support the other candidates, because you agree with what's being said.

Offline flowers

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2016, 09:33:38 pm »
Try saying anything bad about Trump and see if your perception changes.............

Try saying something good about trump. I see it works both ways here with him mostly.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2016, 09:40:15 pm »
Try saying something good about trump. I see it works both ways here with him mostly.

There aren't very many of us left who don't support Trump.........

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 09:43:40 pm »
There aren't very many of us left who don't support Trump.........

There are more than you imagine! Some of us just don't feel the need to beat others about the head and shoulders over it!

I'm perfectly content to let actual VOTERS separate the wheat from the chaff on it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 09:44:29 pm »

(Even nice katzenjammer's keeping records on an 'offender').

I'm not keeping records.  I simply searched out a few of the posts that I remembered so that I could provide you with links!

Look, I will say it here, it probably needs to be said.  I don't know all that much about many of the members here.  My going in assumption is that they are all good folk, and more than likely agree with the majority of members on at least 3/4 of the issues.

However, there is a great deal of profound disappointment that has cropped up because of the way the GOP <Pre-,>Primary has evolved.  I attempted to describe some of that in the article that I wrote a number of weeks ago.  I thought that it might be a help for some to provide a bit of perspective on what we started to see happen in many of the threads.  Maybe it didn't help at all...   :shrug:

And as a result of that disappointment that many are experiencing, I have noticed a lot more "corner cutting" in posts than we normally see here.  I've let a lot of it slide by in the past, but I decided that we are all better served if we attempt to keep things as accurate as possible.  I am sure that the member, Abraxas, is a fine person, and I apologize if using the word "slimey" to describe his behavior was insulting.  But, as I said earlier, I think that we should all make it a point to be accurate in what we post (isn't dealing with the duplicity and propagandizing of the media enough?), and attempt to correct the record when we see it being inappropriately abridged or distorted.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 09:49:18 pm »
There are more than you imagine! Some of us just don't feel the need to beat others about the head and shoulders over it!

I'm perfectly content to let actual VOTERS separate the wheat from the chaff on it!

Exactly....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »
If you support Trump (and you do), you don't understand what's happening to those who support the other candidates, because you agree with what's being said.

For the record, I support both Don Trump and Ted Cruz.  I won't have to decide on which candidate I will vote for until March 15.

I read the posts here to see the opinions of other members, and the facts that they bring to the discussions. 

Which candidate any member supports is none of my business.  I don't really care if every single member here wanted to vote for Jeb Bush.  And I certainly don't make it my business to try to convince any other member of which candidate they should support.

I attempt to give my reasoned (and sometimes researched) opinions on the topics, and introduce facts relevant to the discussions as I encounter them.  And mostly I try not to let the opinions of others (even if I am in total disagreement) affect my peace of mind.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »
I'm not keeping records.  I simply searched out a few of the posts that I remembered so that I could provide you with links!

Look, I will say it here, it probably needs to be said.  I don't know all that much about many of the members here.  My going in assumption is that they are all good folk, and more than likely agree with the majority of members on at least 3/4 of the issues.

However, there is a great deal of profound disappointment that has cropped up because of the way the GOP <Pre-,>Primary has evolved.  I attempted to describe some of that in the article that I wrote a number of weeks ago.  I thought that it might be a help for some to provide a bit of perspective on what we started to see happen in many of the threads.  Maybe it didn't help at all...   :shrug:

And as a result of that disappointment that many are experiencing, I have noticed a lot more "corner cutting" in posts than we normally see here.  I've let a lot of it slide by in the past, but I decided that we are all better served if we attempt to keep things as accurate as possible.  I am sure that the member, Abraxas, is a fine person, and I apologize if using the word "slimey" to describe his behavior was insulting.  But, as I said earlier, I think that we should all make it a point to be accurate in what we post (isn't dealing with the duplicity and propagandizing of the media enough?), and attempt to correct the record when we see it being inappropriately abridged or distorted.

I appreciate your apology for your words about AbaraXas (who by all accounts is an exemplary person). 

There has been a repeated personal, individual dismissal of those of us who oppose Trump lately, and I think it needs to stop.

(It just happened to me again today by someone who insults me with regularity because she doesn't like that I don't like Trump).

I'm getting sick of it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 09:53:06 pm »

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone stopped beating others about the head and shoulders..............  **nononono*

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 09:55:46 pm »
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone stopped beating others about the head and shoulders..............  **nononono*

Actually I have noticed quite a bit of progress on that front lately!  Maybe I'm the only one but I doubt it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 09:57:28 pm »
Actually I have noticed quite a bit of progress on that front lately!  Maybe I'm the only one but I doubt it!

Well the absence of one person in particular certainly has calmed things down.  ^-^

Offline flowers

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2016, 09:58:57 pm »

I'm getting sick of it.
You are not alone. Although it has been a bit better around here of late since the disappearance of one.  :police:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 10:02:00 pm »
You are not alone. Although it has been a bit better around here of late since the disappearance of one.  :police:

Hmmmmm................. I think I might have just said that. :beer: