Author Topic: Trump on Cruz: Let’s face it, “Ted was in favor of amnesty”  (Read 3901 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
A leftover from yesterday that shouldn’t go unnoticed, as it represents another escalation in the developing Trump/Cruz immigration war. There are two ways Trump might really damage Cruz, I think. One is by going full alpha male on him, insulting him and then gloating that Cruz is a wuss when Cruz inevitably fails to hit back. The other way is by discrediting him on immigration, which has become a proxy issue for all sorts of deeper cultural divides — political correctness, establishmentarianism, transnationalism, and so on. Trump is smart to skip the alpha-male approach, which would probably backfire by making him look even more boorish than he already does, in favor of immigration. He’s got a leg to stand on, after all: Republicans have been debating for weeks whether Cruz’s 2013 work-permit amendment to the Gang of Eight bill really was a poison pill, as he claims, or a double-edged bill designed to give him “moderate” credibility for the general election this year.

But don’t worry about Cruz. He’s got plenty of old amnesty-friendly soundbites from Trump’s past to drop on him if it comes to that.....

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/07/trump-on-cruz-lets-face-it-ted-was-in-favor-of-amnesty/

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:24:43 pm by mystery-ak »

HAPPY2BME

Re: Trump Joins GOP Establishment in Attacking Cruz on False Amnesty Charge
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 07:17:14 pm »
Does this mean Cruz won't get the VP position?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 07:36:51 pm »
The key words here are: Trump joining GOP Establishment!  Which indicates that he's NOT an outsider after all.  That has been my fear all along.  He's simply a siphon for the DEMS.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 07:44:24 pm »
If Trump gets the nomination, he will use the VP spot to pull in establishment GOP voters, because they are very large in numbers, and could make the difference between winning and losing.

That is exactly what Cruz will do if he gets the nomination.

That is the reality version of politics, not the fantasy version.

I could see Trump/Rubio for a very strong ticket. Or Cruz/Christie. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 07:53:28 pm »
If Trump gets the nomination, he will use the VP spot to pull in establishment GOP voters, because they are very large in numbers, and could make the difference between winning and losing.

That is exactly what Cruz will do if he gets the nomination.

That is the reality version of politics, not the fantasy version.

I could see Trump/Rubio for a very strong ticket. Or Cruz/Christie.

==================================================

Is that a WIN/LOSE or a LOSE/WIN slam-bam-thanya-maam combo all-in-one?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 08:02:12 pm »
The key words here are: Trump joining GOP Establishment!  Which indicates that he's NOT an outsider after all.  That has been my fear all along.  He's simply a siphon for the DEMS.

Except that Trump went after the Clintons over Hillary's recent comment saying Trump was a sexist. Trump fired a salvo broadside on both Bill and Hill, saying she had no room to talk.

Anyway, Rudy Giuliani pointed out how Trump is the only person in memory who has successfully shut the Clintons up, effectively taking the 'war on women' issue away from the anointed democrat.

I have no doubt that Donald Trump not only wants to defeat Hillary Clinton, he wants to crush her in the process.

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Trump on Cruz: Let’s face it, “Ted was in favor of amnesty”
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »
Can the Mod/Admin change the title of this thread to reflect the actual title of the posted article?

The bogus, made-up "Trump Joins GOP Establishment in Attacking Cruz on False Amnesty Charge" should be changed to: "Trump on Cruz: Let’s face it, “Ted was in favor of amnesty”"

More sliminess, same poster.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 08:20:08 pm »
Can the Mod/Admin change the title of this thread to reflect the actual title of the posted article?

The bogus, made-up "Trump Joins GOP Establishment in Attacking Cruz on False Amnesty Charge" should be changed to: "Trump on Cruz: Let’s face it, “Ted was in favor of amnesty”"

More sliminess, same poster.

AbaraXas is "slimy???"  Are you kidding me?????
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »

Trump has NEVER been an 'outsider.'

He's just a Populist opportunist who, as you say, is a stalking horse for Hillary. 

It becomes clearer every day.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 08:29:04 pm »

Changing the headline to include an editorial comment isn't kosher. That not the title of the hotair.com story. myst has asked before that people not to change the headline of a story.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:27 pm »
Trump has NEVER been an 'outsider.'

He's just a Populist opportunist who, as you say, is a stalking horse for Hillary. 

It becomes clearer every day.

If Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary why is he being credited for effectively silencing Hillary with his latest attack?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 08:32:50 pm »
Agreed, original headlines should be used in all cases.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 08:34:46 pm »
AbaraXas is "slimy???"  Are you kidding me?????

Read through the posts of the past couple of days, this slimy behavior has been pointed out previously.

(And that's just because some of us decided to start calling him out on it, it has been going on for many weeks.)

Here's a few:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190712.msg760733.html#msg760733

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190712.msg760887.html#msg760887

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190712.msg760892.html#msg760892

If you want me to find the one from yesterday in which he totally distorted the content of the posted article in an attempt to mock another member, I can dig that one out too!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:39:50 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 08:35:27 pm »
If Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary why is he being credited for effectively silencing Hillary with his latest attack?
yes that is a great question. I am shell shocked anymore and cannot trust much of anything political anymore.  I hope Trump is sincere.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 08:44:02 pm »
Read through the posts of the past couple of days, this slimy behavior has been pointed out previously.

So you don't like the post and therefore you are entitled to change the title?

I think not.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 08:47:33 pm »
So you don't like the post and therefore you are entitled to change the title?

I think not.

Maybe you should think again!  It has always been a rule of the forum to use the exact title text of the posted article.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 08:58:02 pm »
Please don't change titles of articles...it's hard enough sorting out all the duplicate threads.

Also....AbaraXas is not slimey **nononono*..and is a good friend of TBR..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 09:00:44 pm »

(And that's just because some of us decided to start calling him out on it, it has been going on for many weeks.)

Here's a few:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190712.msg760733.html#msg760733

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190712.msg760887.html#msg760887

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,190712.msg760892.html#msg760892

If you want me to find the one from yesterday in which he totally distorted the content of the posted article in an attempt to mock another member, I can dig that one out too!

I'm not interested in the laundry list you're keeping on AbaraXas' so called "slime."

I agree that the title should remain the same.  But the pettiness required to keep track of these egregious "offenses" is remarkable.

I thought that the primary was the time to support or criticize any and all the candidates.

Guess I was wrong..........  looks like we all gotta support the same guy now.......  **nononono*

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 09:01:58 pm »
Please don't change titles of articles...it's hard enough sorting out all the duplicate threads.

Also....AbaraXas is not slimey **nononono*..and is a good friend of TBR..

Thank you for changing at least the title on the OP.

If you notice, I didn't declare that Abraxas was slimey, I called the behavior (of willful distortion, beyond that which we have to deal with coming from the media) slimey.  (If people don't want to be called out for certain behaviors, then the simple solution is to not engage in them!)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 09:02:31 pm »
Maybe you should think again!  It has always been a rule of the forum to use the exact title text of the posted article.

And has it always been a rule of the forum to call people "slimy" who have changed titles?

Or is this something new?? 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 09:03:01 pm »
Thank you for changing at least the title on the OP.

If you notice, I didn't declare that Abraxas was slimey, I called the behavior (of willful distortion, beyond that which we have to deal with coming from the media) slimey.  (If people don't want to be called out for certain behaviors, then the simple solution is to not engage in them!)

LOL!  Nice dodge.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 09:03:30 pm »
I'm not interested in the laundry list you're keeping on AbaraXas' so called "slime."

I agree that the title should remain the same.  But the pettiness required to keep track of these egregious "offenses" is remarkable.

I thought that the primary was the time to support or criticize any and all the candidates.

Guess I was wrong..........  looks like we all gotta support the same guy now.......  **nononono*

Nope, just have to stay honest in how we present our facts and opinions.  Pretty simple.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »
And has it always been a rule of the forum to call people "slimy" who have changed titles?

Or is this something new??

When a pattern of behavior is established, then said behavior should be rightly called out for what it is.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 09:04:48 pm »
LOL!  Nice dodge.

No dodge, just the facts of the matter.