Author Topic: Watch Politicians Snap When Alternative Media Journalist Asks them One Short Question  (Read 341 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Jan Helfeld is a political journalist who has been traveling around and asking politicians some of the same awkward questions that work to expose the illegitimacy of their authority. His questions were extremely simple and many times ridiculed as “stupid” by the politicians that he interviewed, because he was attempting to establish moral principles using the Socratic method.

One of the best and most crucial questions that Helfeld has asked over the years is simple enough: “can you delegate a right that you don’t have to someone else?”....

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/reporter-making-politicians-heads-explode-decades-simple-question/#qmUV2c1KlM0Qhrv6.99

Offline EdinVA

Funny but interesting question...  goopo

HonestJohn

One of the best and most crucial questions that Helfeld has asked over the years is simple enough: “can you delegate a right that you don’t have to someone else?”....

I don't see how it's a difficult question.

For example: As sitting Congressmen, they do not have the right to spy on foreign nations, but they delegate that to the personnel working in the Intelligence Community.

---

If the journalist is referring to the Bill of Rights in our Constitution, then he/she needs to be a bit more specific.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:02:33 am by HonestJohn »

Offline EdinVA

Are we talking about rights or authority?

example, I have the right AND the authority to defend myself.

I have the authority to enforce a contract.