Author Topic: Vietnam Vet Assaulted and Shamed in Airport… And It’s NOT 1968! {VIDEO}  (Read 316 times)

rangerrebew

Vietnam Vet Assaulted and Shamed in Airport… And It’s NOT 1968! {VIDEO}
SGT A 12/02/2015

Vietnam Vet Assaulted and Shamed in Airport… And It’s NOT 1968!
(Video Below)

This is the sort of story that I hate to report on, but it is a story that needs to be told and a message that needs to be distributed to everyone, especially young veterans.

Sadly, there are an awful lot of cases of Stolen Valor since the War on Terror began some 14 years ago, and it seems like even those that did serve were all SEAL’s, Rangers, or Recon… I’m beginning to wonder where all the other people who serve have gone.

If you are going to call someone out for being a fake though, you had damned sure better make sure you are right, and the way these Marines treated Jack Hughes, a 66-year-old Marine and Vietnam Veteran, is NOT the way to begin your conversation with anyone!

Marine Veteran Jack Hughes, a two-time recipient of the Purple Heart, recently returned to the Charlotte, North Carolina airport from a trip to St. Louis, where he participated in some Veteran’s Day events with his granddaughter. Shortly after arriving at the airport, as he was waiting for his wife to return with a mobility scooter, he say’s he noticed someone coming toward him, when “All of a sudden he jumps up and he’s got a camera in my face screaming ‘your medals are crooked. You’re a fake. You’re not a Marine,'” an emotional Hughes told WBTV. “He kept screaming at me, telling me I was nothing, that everything I had was fake. I was a fake and phony.”

Jack Hughes is an 0331 in Marine Corps language, which translates into Machine gunner. Back in the 60’s during the Vietnam War, that means he was the poor unfortunate soul humping a 23 pound M-60, and as much ammo as he could find a place for, in addition to his standard load. This man has earned every bit of respect the American people can give him!

Mr. Hughes says the ass that put the camera in his face was with several other people, all who claimed to be either former or active duty Marines. One of the other men “grabbed me by my jacket and told me ‘I’m an active duty Marine’ and he jerked it like that – jerked the buttons off of it.”

The problem these young Marines seemed to have was with the jacket Mr. Hughes was wearing, which he was proudly displaying his ribbons and medals on. If there are any young service members or young veterans reading this, you might want to take notes on what I’m about to tell you… Age catches up with EVERYONE! Some of the things that come with age are weight gain, arthritis, memory loss, tremors, vision problems, and pain just to name a few. Some are more fortunate than others and may not experience all those things, yet some will wake up one morning and realize they have all set in. Like death though, you can bet you will not get to your grave without losing the dexterity, speed, and agility of your youth.

There is one thing you will never lose though, provided you ever had it, and that is the pride you feel for having honorably served your country. In fact, the older you get, the more intense that feeling of pride will become and the more you will appreciate your time in the military and the friends you are making now who will still be by your side, 30, 40, 50, years from now.

While these young Marines were all up in the face of Mr. Hughes, his wife sought the help of a security guard nearby, who said it wasn’t his problem and turned away. Eventually a couple of Police Officers arrived on the scene. One of the Officers was a former Marine himself and took the young Marines aside and spoke with them. After speaking with the young Marines, the Officer returned to speak with Mr. Hughes, who asked if he was going to arrest the young Marines for assaulting him. The Officer said he was not going to arrest them, but brought the Marine who was doing most of the shouting over to apologize and asked them to shake hands. Mr. Hughes told the young Marine “You can take your apology and shove it up your ass.”

Mr. Hughes, who suffers with PTS and is in treatment for it at the VA, was rightfully angry and says the incident caused him to flashback to the 60’s. He said he could smell the rotten eggs that had been thrown at him and broke all over his Dress Blues. He said he just wanted to break the young Marines neck.

The police in Charlotte claim Mr. Hughes was informed by the Officer that arrived on the scene that he could not make an arrest because it was a misdemeanor crime and he did not personally witness it happen. The Officer claims to have explained to Mr. Hughes that he could go to the magistrate and seek a warrant himself. When Mr. Hughes was told this during an interview, his response was, “He is a liar, I’ll tell him to his face.”
Related:  Black Woman Calling for Donald Trump's Assassination