Author Topic: Graham: Americans ‘better be’ ready to go to war with ISIS  (Read 491 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: Americans ‘better be’ ready to go to war with ISIS
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:59:54 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/261440-graham-americans-better-be-ready-to-go-to-war-with-isis

November 29, 2015, 11:39 am
Graham: Americans ‘better be’ ready to go to war with ISIS

By Bradford Richardson

Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), a GOP presidential candidate, says it does not matter if the American people are “ready” to go to war with the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“They better be [ready], because if you don’t destroy ISIL in Syria, which is their headquarters, we’re going to get attacked at home,” Graham said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday.

“I cannot stress to you how urgent it is that we destroy ISIL,” he added, using an alternate acronym for the terror group. “Every day that goes by that they hold millions of people under their sway is a bad day for us, because they’re going to hit us at home if we don’t put them on the run.”

The GOP presidential hopeful said the time for America to strike in Syria is now, noting that several nations in the Middle East are opposed to both ISIS and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

“So the region is ready to fight, the region hates ISIL, they’re coming after the Sunni Arab nations and Turkey hates ISIL, the entire region wants Assad gone, sot here’s an opportunity with some American leadership to do two things,” he said.

Graham advocated deploying 10,000 American troops to the region, in addition to a much larger coalition force comprised of several nations.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Graham: Americans ‘better be’ ready to go to war with ISIS
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 12:00:25 am »
Spot on.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:09:46 am »
I am not a fan of Lindsey Graham, but I think he is 100% correct on this issue and he seems to be very strong on national defense and is huge on military support and an advocate for U.S. leadership in the world.  As strong as he is on national defense and foreign policy it baffles me as to why he is so pro amnesty and sides with the DEMS on other issues; for that reason I could never vote for him in the primary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 03:57:46 am »
“They better be [ready], because if you don’t destroy ISIL in Syria, which is their headquarters, we’re going to get attacked at home,” Graham said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday

I missed this interview.  What did Graham have to say about bringing thousands and thousands of Syrian "refugees" to our "home"? 

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 06:14:27 am »
10,000 troops my arse. I don't want 1 troop in this cesspool until the white house is decontaminated.

For now, bomb them back to the stone age.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 10:55:36 am »
10,000 troops my arse. I don't want 1 troop in this cesspool until the white house is decontaminated.

For now, bomb them back to the stone age.

===================================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mO4UCYyef8