Author Topic: Putin 'to wipe out Turkey' in NUCLEAR war  (Read 2993 times)

rangerrebew

Putin 'to wipe out Turkey' in NUCLEAR war
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:38:35 pm »
Putin 'to wipe out Turkey' in NUCLEAR war

RUSSIA is ready to "use nuclear weapons on enemy number one" Turkey, one of the country's leading politicians has announced.

By Harry Kemble / Published 27th November 2015

Russia must nuke Turkey GETTY
BLITZ: Vladimir Zhirinovsky called for Vladimir Putin to nuke Istanbul and cause a flood

Political hothead and Russian colonel Vladimir Zhirinovsky called for president Vladimir Putin to wipe out Turkish capital Istanbul, killing nine million people.

Turkey's decision to down a SU-24 fighter jet after it entered their aerospace was branded "stupid" by Zhirinovsky.

"A nuclear attack can destroy Istanbul very easily. Just one nuclear bomb in the Istanbul Strait will wash the city away," he told Moscow Speaking Radio.

"It would be such a terrible flood, the water would rise to between 10m and 15m and the city would [flood].

"And then there are nine million lives."

The Liberal Democratic Party of Russia leader also called Turkey "enemy number one".

Zhirinovsky's chilling words come as Turkish president Recep Erdogan warned Putin not to "play with fire".

Fears are now growing the world is on the cusp on another world war.

Erdogan said he wanted to meet Putin to resolve the ongoing war of words.

But Putin wants an apology from Turkey before he will enter talks.

He said it was "impossible" for Turkey not to have known it was shooting at a Russian plane.

"It's got an insignia, you can see that very clearly," Putin added.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/478063/Russia-nuclear-Turkey-SU-24-fighter-jet-downed
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:39:48 pm by rangerrebew »

HAPPY2BME

Re: Putin 'to wipe out Turkey' in NUCLEAR war
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:25:02 am »
There won't be a world war.

========================================

The nature of man to kill one another has changed?

Who knew?

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 07:38:28 am »
There won't be a world war.

I hope you are right but what happens if, as Pat Buchanan points out, "...Turkey is a NATO ally. And if Russia strikes back, there is a possibility Ankara will invoke Article V of NATO and demand that we come in on their side in any fight with Russia."
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 08:02:28 am »
Article V is not a "Get out of being a bleep free" card.

NATO members have already given Turkey shit for NOT following protocol for air intrusions - you lock on the intruder and tell them to piss off or else, but you DO give them time to get out of there. Every NATO member does that, usually to the raging hysteria of the nationalistic wings of the local press. It's an unwritten agreement that came into being because, bluntly, fighter jocks are idiots who ALWAYS push their luck.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 04:37:22 pm »
I hope you are right but what happens if, as Pat Buchanan points out, "...Turkey is a NATO ally. And if Russia strikes back, there is a possibility Ankara will invoke Article V of NATO and demand that we come in on their side in any fight with Russia."

If they do invoke, Obama will have to "consider" the options before acting, as he always does, :poohappen: and by that time Ankara will be glowing in the dark.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »
This war may or may not expand, but Russia is not going to nuke Istanbul or the straights. That is nonsensical. They aren't going to pull the nuclear card over one fighter jet. And nuking the straights would also keep their own Black Sea fleet stuck in the Black Sea.  On so many levels this is just crazy talk from crazy people.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 05:02:12 pm »
Vladimir Zhirinovsky doesn't wield any real authority behind his statements. He is a fringe minor politician in Russia with a very big mouth. He is very antisemitic and throws around nuke threats like they were empty vodka bottles in his home.  In 06 he actually said he was going to take a group of soldiers to a barracks where Condoleeza Rice was staying for a conference and rape her.  (in other words, he is their version of Trump w/ out the money or media).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:03:58 pm by AbaraXas »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 05:17:56 pm »
In 06 he actually said he was going to take a group of soldiers to a barracks where Condoleeza Rice was staying for a conference and rape her.  (in other words, he is their version of Trump w/ out the money or media).

When did Donald Trump say he was going out with some of his construction crew and rape a woman?

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 05:19:16 pm »

When did Donald Trump say he was going out with some of his construction crew and rape a woman?

Nice selective editing. I was referring to the overall big mouth with no filter politician, not that one sentence.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 05:21:13 pm »
And nuking the straights would also keep their own Black Sea fleet stuck in the Black Sea.  On so many levels this is just crazy talk from crazy people.

==========================================

Its bluster of the Russian kind.

Russia doesn't have enough Russians or funding for another land war on the scale Vladimir Zhirinovsky is dreaming of, and both he and Putin know it.

However, NUCLEAR is the only option they have if they want to make a 'global statement' on the scale the entire world would react.

Bluster and pomp at this point.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 05:22:42 pm »
Nice selective editing. I was referring to the overall big mouth with no filter politician, not that one sentence.

===================================================

While you're on it, who are you supporting for president?

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 05:26:00 pm »
===================================================

While you're on it, who are you supporting for president?

I would be happy with almost anyone in the field except Trump, Bush, Kasech, or Christie.  This isn't a college football game where it is just your one team and you hate everyone else. Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina, Paul would all be great.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 05:42:18 pm »
I would be happy with almost anyone in the field except Trump, Bush, Kasech, or Christie.  This isn't a college football game where it is just your one team and you hate everyone else. Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina, Paul would all be great.

===================================

Thank you for being honest.

So IF Trump (who has the largest public support among Conservatives of any single candidate since Ronald Reagan) were nominated, would YOU vote for him?

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 05:45:11 pm »
===================================

Thank you for being honest.

So IF Trump (who has the largest public support among Conservatives of any single candidate since Ronald Reagan) were nominated, would YOU vote for him?

I honestly don't know. I would vote for the most conservative electable candidate. IF he were the nominee, that potentially would mean there would be a big vacuum for a Conservative/Libertarian candidate to run on the Libertarian ticket and for once have a rational option there. If not, I probably would just for the entertainment value and so I can get that "I told you so" tattoo I've been threatening over the past 7 years.  (I sure wouldn't give him any money or campaign for him or play the freeper game of pretending I always supported him, nor would I be an RNC alternate delegate like I was in 00 & 04)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:51:28 pm by AbaraXas »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 06:32:07 pm »
I honestly don't know. I would vote for the most conservative electable candidate. IF he were the nominee, that potentially would mean there would be a big vacuum for a Conservative/Libertarian candidate to run on the Libertarian ticket and for once have a rational option there. If not, I probably would just for the entertainment value and so I can get that "I told you so" tattoo I've been threatening over the past 7 years.  (I sure wouldn't give him any money or campaign for him or play the freeper game of pretending I always supported him, nor would I be an RNC alternate delegate like I was in 00 & 04)

======================================

I know Trump is bombastic, and a lot of people are put off by it.  But many more than are put off find it being engaging, and the way he comes off with it, even admirable.

He certainly will not carry more than 2% of the minority vote, but neither will any other Republican.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 06:49:55 pm »
==========================================

Its bluster of the Russian kind.

Russia doesn't have enough Russians or funding for another land war on the scale Vladimir Zhirinovsky is dreaming of, and both he and Putin know it.

However, NUCLEAR is the only option they have if they want to make a 'global statement' on the scale the entire world would react.

Bluster and pomp at this point.
Fact: Russia's population today is about equal to the US's population during WWII when we put 16 million in uniform waged and won wars on two fronts, and became the undisputed leader of the world.

Russia's total military measured by active  and reserve personnel is nearly three times that of Turkey.

Budget wise, Russia spends five to seven times what Turkey spends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

I think Turkey made a big mistake. I doubt a world war or nukes. But if Russian makes a big, bold statement it shouldn't surprise anybody.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 07:07:48 pm »
Fact: Russia's population today is about equal to the US's population during WWII when we put 16 million in uniform waged and won wars on two fronts, and became the undisputed leader of the world.

Russia's total military measured by active  and reserve personnel is nearly three times that of Turkey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

I think Turkey made a big mistake. I doubt a world war or nukes. But if Russian makes a big, bold statement it shouldn't surprise anybody.

Russia also has a history of being willing to take a far greater sacrifice for victory than most other first world countries. They have billions in old Soviet era equipment sitting around without an OSHA telling them something isn't completely safe. This is the same country that would send 3 men into battle with one rifle so when one man fell, the next man would pick up the gun and continue. They are not an enemy you want to get into a 'hot' war with.  At the same time, I think they are also realistic enough to understand that in today's world, the scope of war is far different and is often one through psychology and economics as much as with guns and bombs. I wouldn't underestimate them but I also don't think they'll do anything too extreme like Zhirinovsky suggests.

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 07:16:46 pm »
Russia also has a history of being willing to take a far greater sacrifice for victory than most other first world countries. They have billions in old Soviet era equipment sitting around without an OSHA telling them something isn't completely safe. This is the same country that would send 3 men into battle with one rifle so when one man fell, the next man would pick up the gun and continue. They are not an enemy you want to get into a 'hot' war with.  At the same time, I think they are also realistic enough to understand that in today's world, the scope of war is far different and is often one through psychology and economics as much as with guns and bombs. I wouldn't underestimate them but I also don't think they'll do anything too extreme like Zhirinovsky suggests.

Russians live in a harsh environment. They are a tough bunch. Love your reference to OSHA......Putin does care. I liked the way Putin took care of those muzzies at that theater years ago. I also liked the way he took care of those pirates as well. Put them in a boat in the middle of the sea and shot holes in the boat telling them good luck. I doubt Putin will use nukes on Turkey as you said he needs his ships to be able to move around.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 07:29:44 pm »
Russia seeks to revise the USSR world standing as a co-leader. What a better time and place, than in the waning days of very weak Obama, versus an Islamic country that poked them ill-advisedly?

Make an example, for their own Islamic population, and other countries that would mess with them.

And demonstrate to NATO/EU that they stand on the border, strong, an alternative, capable of competing for power.

I believe leaders around the globe, now realize Obama is weak, and they can take advantage if they desire. Putin and Russia are placing their ante, to be world leader, or at least a major world player again.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 07:30:17 pm »

======================================

Russia learned from when they got their asses handed to them in Afghanistan.  Bearing in mind at the time, Russia had much superior weaponry and had a DIRECT LAND ROUTE from Russia into the battle theater of Afghanistan.  Plus they had complete control of the sky over Afghanistan.

The U.S. has made the EXACT same mistakes that Russia did, with the major exception that the U.S. hasn't learned (or doesn't WANT to learn) the obvious lessons that islam will never be tamed and none of the islamic regions will ever tolerate infidels occupying them.

Fast forward to Turkey ~vs~ Russia.  Turkey may be a 'secular' islamic state, but you can bet your ass they are MUSLIMS, and will go the way of the Koran if and when the chips are cashed in.  Russia knows this all too well.

These are the reasons Putin won't do anything to Turkey.  It would completely bankrupt Russia, and be the end of Putin.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 07:37:56 pm »

Very much so.  And probably everyone who wants to grab a piece of the pie is making his move now, while the US is ruled by a weak vacillating fool.
I intend to be an observer of Obama's last year. His only "skill" is running his mouth.

--He will be against Republican majorities in both chambers of our legislature, and they can defy him.

--He has proved to world leaders he is of little consequence or threat, so they will defy him.

So listen, as the man elected for his color alone, talks down to those who are laughing behind his weakling back.