Author Topic: Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Ted Cruz  (Read 765 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Ted Cruz
« on: November 27, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »
By David P. Goldman 2015-11-24 19:31:22.0
chat comments

A month ago I predicted a Cruz-Rubio ticket. Now that Cruz has overtaken Carson to run neck-and-neck with Trump in the Iowa Quinnipiac University poll, Cruz is looking a lot like a winner. Here are my top 10 reasons to back him.

10. He really knows economics--not the ideologically driven pablum dished out at universities, but the real battlefield of entrenched monopolies against entrepreneurial upstarts. As Asheesh Agarwal and John Delacourt reported in this space, he did a brilliant job at the Federal Trade Commission: "Cruz promoted economic liberty and fought government efforts to rig the marketplace in favor of special interests. Most notably, Cruz launched an initiative to study the government’s role in conspiring with established businesses to suppress e-commerce. This initiative ultimately led the U.S. Supreme Court to open up an entire industry to small e-tailers." Anyone can propose tax cuts. It takes real know-how to cut through the regulatory kudzu that is strangling America enterprise.

9. He really knows foreign policy. He is a hardline defender of American interests, but wants to keep American politics out of the export business. That's why neo-conservatives like Jennifer Rubin at the Washington Post and Kimberly Strassel at the Wall Street Journal keep sliming him. The Bushies started attacking Cruz a year ago, when he stated the obvious about the Bush administration's great adventure in "democratic globalism": "I think we stayed too long, and we got far too involved in nation-building….We should not be trying to turn Iraq into Switzerland." He's not beholden to the bunglers of the Bush administration, unlike the hapless Marco Rubio....

...And the top reason to vote for Ted Cruz is:

He can beat Hillary Clinton. Not just beat her, but beat her by a landslide. Mrs. Clinton isn't that smart. She looks sort of smart when the media toss her softballs, but in a series of one-to-one, nowhere-to-hide presidential debates, Cruz would shred her. Cruz was the top college debater in the country. He knows how to assemble facts, stay on message, anticipate his opponent's moves and neutralize them. He's a quarter-century younger than Mrs. Clinton, smarter, sharper, and better prepared. He's also clean as a whistle in personal life and finances, while the Clintons could reasonably be understood to constitute a criminal enterprise.

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2015/11/24/daves-top-10-reasons-to-vote-for-ted-cruz/?singlepage=true

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Top 10 Reasons to Vote for Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 03:40:05 pm »
So as to not spam the board, I'm posting this different article on the same topic here:

Ted Cruz is ‘not the establishment but doesn’t need on-the-job training’
Nov 27, 2015 by JD Rucker in Featured
Ted Cruz Experience
There are many of us, perhaps millions, who believe that the Republican party as a governing force has been the lesser of two evils. We fear what the Democrats are doing to destroy the country but we’re angry about what the Republicans aren’t doing to repair the damage. This is why Donald Trump and Ben Carson have been so popular. It’s why so many people are willing to tell pollsters that they support either of the anti-establishment candidates.

Thankfully, there’s a third candidate who would stand in stark contrast to the ineffective Republican Establishment that has been harming the party and not fixing the country appropriately for the last decade. No, I’m not referring to Carly Fiorina, a candidate who has a lot of positive qualities but who doesn’t possess the truly conservative ideology necessary to fix the problems. As regular readers are likely aware, I’m referring to Senator Ted Cruz.

In an article on National Review that referred to another article on Politico, I saw a quote from a diligent and conscientious conservative that really hit home about what I’ve been feeling the last few months. The author, Jay Nordlinger, ended up singling out the exact line that caught my attention as well. It was from Iowa voter Marilu Erdahl who drove 2.5 hours to be at the event so she could decide who would earn her vote.

“We need someone who knows the ropes, who’s not the establishment but who doesn’t need on-the-job training.”

She chose Cruz over Trump or Carson for this very reason....

http://soshable.com/ted-cruz-is-not-the-establishment-but-doesnt-need-on-the-job-training/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:46:52 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 04:01:33 pm »
In a flawed field of candidates, I find Cruz most acceptable. Cruz is the only one with a real chance that I trust to do what he says he'll do.

I've been fooled before, so this is a tepid nod to Cruz.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 04:11:08 pm »
In a flawed field of candidates, I find Cruz most acceptable. Cruz is the only one with a real chance that I trust to do what he says he'll do.

I've been fooled before, so this is a tepid nod to Cruz.

I understand.  I think we're all a bit jaded and cynical - with good reason.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 05:29:53 pm »
I admire Cruz.

He went into the Senate and he's ambitious. Had the choice - do the usual log-rolling and make allies for the inevitable presidential run, or keep his word to the people who elected him. He chose the second.

Yes, he does sometimes speak like he has a stick up his ass - I'll forgive him that as he's a lawyer.  :laugh:

I'm not all in for him - Rubio is simply better at foreign policy (so far!!!), which is my touchstone - but I'd be proud to call Cruz Sir.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 06:25:00 am »
I admire Cruz.

He went into the Senate and he's ambitious. Had the choice - do the usual log-rolling and make allies for the inevitable presidential run, or keep his word to the people who elected him. He chose the second.

Yes, he does sometimes speak like he has a stick up his ass - I'll forgive him that as he's a lawyer.  :laugh:

I'm not all in for him - Rubio is simply better at foreign policy (so far!!!), which is my touchstone - but I'd be proud to call Cruz Sir.

I can go for a Crubio ticket. Only if Cruz is on top!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 03:16:36 am »
Just to summarize the top 10:

10. He really knows economics

9. He really knows foreign policy.

8. He really knows the political system.

7. He's an outsider, and America needs an outsider.

6. Trump and Carson aren't serious candidates.

5. Cruz is in but not of the system.

4. He's got real grit

3. He knows how to run a real campaign as opposed to a flash-in-the-pan media event.

2. He's a true believer in the United States of America.

1. He can beat Hillary Clinton.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 03:36:07 am »
So as to not spam the board, I'm posting this different article on the same topic here:

Just went and read the article a bit.  Makes one wonder a bit.  I have to say that Cruz, more than most who have in fact served in Congress, still retains the aura of the outsider, exemplified by his playing "chicken" with budget shutdowns (and, at least on the optics, losing).  That being said, he does have experience from being on the inside, so perhaps he could be characterized as a not-inexperienced outsider.

Which suggests - caveat being that we don't really know how much he's really learned about getting what you want politically (i.e., what you can afford to give away to get something else more valuable to you) - that he might in fact be a better president, a more effective, president than a Congressman.  The president, clearly, needs to know how to work with Congress, but he also is not a part of Congress and can therefore afford to take a more confrontational position vis-a-vis Congress.

I dunno.  Perhaps I might start cottoning to him.