Author Topic: Hoekstra: Obama Thought the ‘Power of His Personality’ Would Change Jihadists’ Behavior  (Read 433 times)

Offline Paladin

Obama is such an egomaniac Hoekstra's words ring true.

[Big snip as background on the mess Libya now is is given]

"Hoekstra argued that the U.S. has lost Libya and northern Africa, which has fueled the crisis in Syria and Iraq.

“We’ve dug a hole deeper rather than making progress,” he said.

Hoekstra criticized President Obama for believing the “power of his personality” would bring peace to the Middle East.

“This president, as he did in Egypt, as he’s done in Iran, as he’s done in Syria, has decided that in America’s best interest he believes he can manage, work with, but most importantly he believed that because of the power of his personality the radical jihadist movement would fundamentally change their view of America and change their behavior,” he said.

Hoekstra cited a quote from Obama in November 2007 during his first run for president.

“I truly believe that the day I’m inaugurated, not only the country looks at itself differently, but the world looks at America differently,” Obama said at the time. “If I’m reaching out to the Muslim world they understand that I’ve lived in a Muslim country and I may be a Christian, but I also understand their point of view.”

According to Hoekstra, that statement demonstrates Obama thought every country in the Middle East would change their worldview and “national self-interest” after he entered the White House, which he argued has not happened.

Overall, Hoekstra said, the U.S. is worse off strategically than it was on Sept. 11, 2001.

“The threat to us and to our allies, to Western Europe, today is greater than what it was then,” he said."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2015/11/26/hoekstra-obama-thought-the-power-of-his-personality-would-change-jihadists-behavior
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dat obama been drinkun' too much of his own Kool-Aid !!

Offline Carling

Obama has done everything he could do to install Islamic governments in the Middle East.

Why people think he didn't want this to happen is beyond my understanding.

He's armed ISIS, taken out secular governments, and is now importing terrorists onto American soil.

But hey, what time is the football game tonight?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

I doubt Obama is the least bit disappointed with what the terrorists are doing, unless he just wants them to do it quicker.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I've yet to see anything that contradicts my belief that the Lord of Chaos wanted things to be any different than what they are.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“I truly believe that the day I’m inaugurated, not only the country looks at itself differently, but the world looks at America differently,” Obama said at the time

Mission accomplished.