Author Topic: Fox News contributor gets death threats for mocking Star Wars fans  (Read 464 times)

Offline Paladin

Wow! Now that's loyalty. I wonder if the fans plan to attack her with their light sabers or their pocket protectors?

"Not everyone is excited about seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters this holiday season.

Last month, Fox News contributor Katherine Timpf jokingly insulted fans who were excited for the newest trailer during a guest stint on the late-night political comedy show Red Eye w/ Tom Shillue. Now, Timpf has revealed she’s recieving death threats for her comments.

“I have never had any interest in watching space nerds poke each other with their little space nerd sticks, and I’m not going to start now,” Timpf shared on the original broadcast. “You people are crazy. You Star Wars people are crazy. Yesterday I tweeted something, and all I said was that I wasn’t familiar with Star Wars because I’ve been too busy liking cool things and being attractive — people threatened my life. You’re not really branding yourself in a way that makes me want to join your life-threatening club.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/25/fox-news-star-wars
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline PzLdr

Re: Fox News contributor gets death threats for mocking Star Wars fans
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »
"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:23:08 pm »
She seems to have a fairly high opinion of herself, so I'm not sure I feel quite as bad for her. Looking at her pic, I'm not sure I'd want to lionize myself for being so early 80's trailer park chic with my style.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:24:36 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 09:54:18 pm »
She seems to have a fairly high opinion of herself, so I'm not sure I feel quite as bad for her. Looking at her pic, I'm not sure I'd want to lionize myself for being so early 80's trailer park chic with my style.

Seriously, Free Vulcan? This woman makes light of a movie, receives death threats for doing so, and that is what you get out of the story?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 10:04:36 pm »
Seriously, Free Vulcan? This woman makes light of a movie, receives death threats for doing so, and that is what you get out of the story?

She had me until she started getting snarky and talking about doing 'cool things like being attractive', then I'd say she's not that scared or serious about it. If someone was truly coming after you, a more realistic response would be saying you're afraid for your life and laying low for awhile, or that you would put one between their eyes if they tried it.
The Republic is lost.