Author Topic: Cruz Ties Trump In Iowa  (Read 1017 times)

Offline libertybele

Cruz Ties Trump In Iowa
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:04:17 am »
Wow!  Go Ted Go!  Many said that Cruz didn't stand a chance...meanwhile Jeb is trailing at a meager 4%.  Jeb is desperate ... he's running ad after ad here in Florida -- 3 ads in about 30-40 minutes.  He is spending a fortune right now ... sorry, Jeb, you're done...and you won't take your home state.

POLL: Cruz Ties Trump in Iowa

A New Quinnipiac Poll shows Ted Cruz in a statistical tie for first place with Donald Trump in Iowa.

The too-close-to-call results place Trump atop with 25% and Cruz close behind with 23%, an incredible gain for the Texas Senator who has doubled his support since the last Quinnipiac poll a month ago.

The poll, conducted Nov. 16-22, also showed a significant drop in support for retired neurosurgeon, Ben Carson, who fell to third place with 18%, and a continued descent for Jeb Bush who received just 4% support. Senator Marco Rubio’s support remained at 13%, unchanged since the last poll.

New Quinnipiac University poll shows @tedcruz making a big leap into second place in Iowa. pic.twitter.com/eOyHm07EPe
    — FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) November 24, 2015

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/11/poll-cruz-ties-trump-in-iowa#sthash.05YQyuKo.dpuf

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Cruz Ties Trump In Iowa
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 02:07:43 am »
Looks like the SoCons are having second thoughts about Carson and gravitating toward Cruz.  Quinnipiac is a very, very reliable poll.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 02:22:07 am »
Iowa was won by Obama in 2012.  Iowa picked Father Santorum for the GOP side that year.

Integrating those two facts, I find Iowa to be worthless in GOP politics.

What has changed in Iowa, since their 2012 preference for the democrat?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 02:51:31 am »
The angst value of Cruz overtaking Trump is delicious.

I don't like Ted Cruz and won't vote for him in a primary, but I'm impressed with his campaign and how methodically he's progressing.

If Trump goes off on him, Cruz will probably just shake his head and say how disappointed he is in Trump.  And that will make Trump even madder.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 04:34:48 am »
If anyone told me 6 months ago I'd be rooting for Senator Cruz...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:36:16 pm »
If anyone told me 6 months ago I'd be rooting for Senator Cruz...

I've been watching him since he was battling for his Senate seat and after I did a little research I was impressed by his background as a solicitor general , his supreme court battles and his education.  Once he got elected to the Senate, I grew to like him even more as he just doesn't seem to back down from what he believes in and stands up to the "bullies" in Congress.  I've always liked the guy and had heard rumor that he was going to run for president and was thrilled when he made his announcement.  His campaign speech was incredible and when he took to the Senate floor and called McConnel out for the liar that he is and outlined the corruption going on in the Senate, he brought tears to me eyes.  I finally saw hope.  I just pray that this country makes it to the election.  With Barry at the helm, its becoming very questionable.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »
Either Or would be great. Other than that the One party rule will continue.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:42:26 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 07:29:58 pm »
Either Or would be great. Other than that the One party rule will continue.  **nononono*

As much as the GOPe in Congress and the RNC hates both Cruz and Trump, I do see the two of them being able to unite the GOP/GOPe voting base as well as attracting the Independent voters.  It will be interesting to see which one of them takes Iowa.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 06:05:07 am »
Iowa was won by Obama in 2012.  Iowa picked Father Santorum for the GOP side that year.

Integrating those two facts, I find Iowa to be worthless in GOP politics.

What has changed in Iowa, since their 2012 preference for the democrat?

Iowa also went to Bush twice. It is a swing state.

As far as the caucus, we don't pick the winners, we generally weed the losers. Someone has to go first and start the winnowing.
The Republic is lost.