Author Topic: The real loser of the Benghazi hearings? America... By Michael Goodwin  (Read 354 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nypost.com/2015/10/23/the-real-loser-of-the-benghazi-hearings-america/

The real loser of the Benghazi hearings? America

By Michael Goodwin

October 23, 2015 | 12:57am

The puerile fireworks notwithstanding, the loudest noise coming from the Benghazi hearing was a low hiss. It was the sound of air coming out of the Republican balloon.

Yes, Hillary Clinton faced tough questions and had no good answers for them. But those questions have been asked and unanswered for more than three years.

Why was the US in Libya, why were security requests denied, why was the military not ready to respond on the 11th anniversary of 9/11, and why did the Obama administration falsely claim the terror attack was a spontaneous response to an anti-Muslim video?

“These questions linger because previous investigations were not thorough,” committee chairman Trey Gowdy said in his opening statement.

At the end of a very long day, they still linger, for Gowdy’s probe failed to answer them. If he’s surprised, he’s alone.

He had to know Clinton wasn’t going to help him, so his decision to hold the hearing without introducing striking new evidence is something of a mystery.

The bar had been raised impossibly high after a top Republican leader, Kevin McCarthy, said the probe was designed to hurt Clinton politically. Gowdy has denied that repeatedly, but he was not able to dispel the cloud yesterday.

Yet, while the marathon hearing wasn’t informative or even especially good theater, it did remind Americans of some very important things.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: The real loser of the Benghazi hearings? America... By Michael Goodwin
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 01:32:19 pm »

Admittedly, I am partisan on this, but I thought Hillary was more than just tarnished by the hearing. It showed us that she is not to be trusted with responsibility because she was both incompetent and corrupt.

America no longer trusts the Clinton crime family. I still believe that there will be leaks coming out of the FBI about what was discovered on her server. I also believe the Clinton foundation will come under increasing scrutiny on tax reporting issues. And even if she gets the nomination, she will be turned away by the voters on November 8.

Gotta stay positive, folks.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »
Admittedly, I am partisan on this, but I thought Hillary was more than just tarnished by the hearing. It showed us that she is not to be trusted with responsibility because she was both incompetent and corrupt.

America no longer trusts the Clinton crime family. I still believe that there will be leaks coming out of the FBI about what was discovered on her server. I also believe the Clinton foundation will come under increasing scrutiny on tax reporting issues. And even if she gets the nomination, she will be turned away by the voters on November 8.

Hillary could have beheaded a baby seal with a dull butter knife right there in that room on television where everyone could see.....and Democrats will still vote for her.  They might prefer Sanders, but they'll still be good little Dems and vote for her. 

The only people horrified by what they heard yesterday were never going to vote for her anyway.  It makes me very sad that ultimately this will all come to nothing and the media will start saying that people are tired of hearing about it.  This witch will still be the Democrat nominee.

I feel like vomiting.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »

I tend to agree with you.   She's tarnished, alright.  Not enough to keep the dimwitted Democrats from voting for her, but enough to taint her image with moderates and even conservative Dems.

I think in the end this hurts her.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.