Author Topic: Rush: The 9/11-Benghazi Analogy Is Bogus  (Read 240 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: The 9/11-Benghazi Analogy Is Bogus
« on: October 19, 2015, 07:19:15 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/10/19/the_9_11_benghazi_analogy_is_bogus

The 9/11-Benghazi Analogy Is Bogus
October 19, 2015

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, Donald Trump.  Okay, Trumpsters, I need to know what you're thinking here.  Donald Trump said that he had to say it, that 9/11 happened while George W. Bush was president.  He wished it didn't, but it did.  And the implication was clear that 9/11, if you're gonna start blaming politicians for things that happen while they're in office, then how do you not blame George W. Bush for 9/11?  And then Democrats immediately picked that up and applauded Mr. Trump and said, "Exactly right.

"So if the Republicans are not going to acknowledge that George W. Bush was to blame and was responsible for 9/11, well, then how in the world can Hillary Clinton be blamed for what happened in Benghazi?  And to show you how effect... I think that's so bogus. I think that's so full of holes. I think it's Swiss cheese.  But I ran it by a lot of people over the weekend, and they think it makes sense! Frankly, I have been shocked at how easy it has been.  It really is mind blowing.

It has been easy to talk to people who voted for and supported Bush who say, "Well, yeah, you know what? If we're gonna blame Hillary for Benghazi, I guess to be credible we do have to say that Bush had some role in 9/11."  I'm incredulous.  I'm literally incredulous when I hear this.  Jake
Tapper, by the way, asked Jeb Bush this very question: "If George W. Bush wasn't responsible for 9/11, how do you blame Hillary for Benghazi?"  That was on State of the Union, the CNN Sunday show.  And Jeb's answer, frankly, was hard to discern.

Let me take a stab at this by asking Jake Tapper and any of you who might think that this is a valid, analogous comparison, because this it's so clear what's going on here. This is all part of the setup here for the Thursday hearings, folks.  I mean, is it patently ridiculous to suggest that Hillary Clinton should get a pass because we gave George W. Bush a pass on 9/11?  And that's what Jake Tapper's basically asking Jeb.  So let me ask some questions here.

Do you remember all of those times that George W. Bush mocked and made fun of and stonewalled all those 9/11 investigations?  Do you remember how he refused to participate with the 9/11 Commission?  Do you remember how he went to the media and had them cover for him and made it look like he had nothing to do with it?  Do you remember how they blamed a video for inciting the anger in the Muslim community that led to 9/11?

You remember all of that happening, right?  No, you don't remember it happening because none of it did.  George Bush did not mock or stonewall the 9/11 investigations.  Hillary Clinton still is doing that on Benghazi.  Did George W. Bush lie to the families of people who died in 9/11?  You remember him doing that, right?  I mean, it was well known that Bush was out there as he was getting aid and comfort. He was blaming a video, or the Minnesota FBI, or somebody for the fact that 9/11 has happened.

Remember that, right?

He was blaming everybody else?

No, you don't remember that because it didn't happen.  Mrs. Clinton and Barack Obama are who did that.  They lied to the families of the dead in Benghazi about why this happened. They lied about why they were murdered, and they tried to scapegoat this videographer, this real wacko that made some YouTube video that nobody had seen.  Do you remember Bush, at some point during the 9/11 committee and the commission and their public hearings, do you remember Bush being asked about it and him saying, "What difference does it matter now anyway? What difference does it make?"

You don't remember that, do you?  Because George W. Bush never said that.  That was Hillary Clinton that said that.  It was Hillary Clinton who screeched out (screeching), "At this point what difference does it make?" how her ambassador was killed and three others.  Do you remember when the 3,000 Americans who were murdered begged President Bush for protection against terrorist threats?  Ah, you don't?  'Cause that didn't happen, either.  There's even more.  I tell you, I'm really curious about this comparison and how it's come up here.

This is akin... You know, Jake Tapper has pulled a George Stephanopoulos and War on Women here, folks, and you're about to fall for it if you think this has some legitimacy.  When 9/11 happened, do you realize that Bush didn't even have his full administration in office because of the Florida recount aftermath?  Do you remember that George W. Bush kept a lot of Bill Clinton people position in a show of bipartisanship after he was inaugurated, to show good faith, trying to smooth over the rough feelings because of the Florida recount?

Remember that?  It's hard to come up with an analogy here that makes any kind of sense whatever.  What we have learned about 9/11, most of the mistakes that were made happened during the Bill Clinton administration, which is another reason why this comparison has been brought up.  Hillary Clinton is running for president; they've gotta clear the decks on 9/11 because she's got this Benghazi albatross hanging around her neck. So the best way to clear her of Benghazi is to blame Bush for 9/11, out of the blue.

But I'm gonna give you two names that I would put at the top of the any list of people responsible for 9/11.  One of them is Bill Clinton.  The other one is Jamie Gorelick.  Do you remember the name Jamie Gorelick?  Jamie Gorelick was a Clinton acolyte, and she served in many different positions, advisory and appointive in the Clinton administration, and one of those was at the Department of Justice.  It was Jamie Gorelick who constructed "the wall."  "The wall" was a series of laws and statutes that prevented the FBI from sharing intel with the CIA, and vice-versa.

And they did this because they had decided they wanted to prosecute terrorist threats and incidents. They wanted to prosecute them in courts of law rather than consider them to be acts of war because the Clinton administration was trying to show politically that it had calmed the world down and that there were fewer wars and fewer incidents, that Clinton was a man of peace, and so they were indicting all these people.  At the time there was an indictment out for bin Laden, even.  So Gorelick constructs this wall which prevents intel from being shared.

So you had an FBI employee in Minnesota who discovered any number of things about some of the hijackers, and she wasn't allowed to tell the CIA.  The CIA wasn't permitted to know it.  Information about the hijackers taking flying lessons but not being interested in learning how to land the airplane.  That was unable to be shared.  But this effort -- and Trump's in on it.  I mean, Trump's got this whole thing started, blaming Bush for 9/11 so that we can... What? Be intellectually safe when we trying to blame Mrs. Clinton for Benghazi?

Remember, the whole point of this to absolve Mrs. Clinton, particularly with those hearings coming Thursday that everybody is hoping for fireworks.  Jamie Gorelick was Bill Clinton's deputy attorney general, and this wall that she created was called the Gorelick Wall. It was imposed under Bill Clinton, and it prevented the CIA and other intel agencies from sharing their information with the FBI.  And then there was the national security director, Richard... What was his name, the white haired guy? (interruption) No, not Armitage.

He's CIA, or at the Department of State.  No, no.  This is White House, Richard... Richard Clarke. Richard Clarke is in on this, Clinton administration and continue to advise the Bush administration.  But this is really, really -- and I'm sorry, Jeb just did not do a good job dealing with it.  He tried.  It's just... I don't know, sometimes Jeb finds himself in a struggle, you know, with... Well, anyway, he tried.  And he tried it being a nice guy.

The establishment is convinced they have to be nice. They have to come off as nice, have to look nice. They can't be confrontational. They can't even get mad. If they do, they're gonna scare the independents and we're never gonna win anything.  So they're shackled by restraint.  They can't even use the language fully because it might tick off whoever these idiot independents are that we think are gonna elect the next Republican president.

But I don't know.  The Benghazi situation has nothing at all to do with 9/11.  In fact, because of 9/11, Benghazi should not have had because of what we learned about 9/11.  George W. Bush hadn't been in office long enough to have any of his policies in play, to have been fully briefed, as I say.  He hadn't fully stocked or appointed all the positions in his administration, and he held over some Democrats in the Clinton Regime in a show of good faith. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  On the actual day of 9/11, did the people in the two towers of the World Trade Center call George Bush and ask for help?  You remember that, don't you?  You remember the big news, all the people in the towers called Bush begging for help, and he said, "Sorry, I'm not up. Sorry." Well, that's what happened at Benghazi.  Benghazi, at the annex and CIA station, they were requesting help all over the place within they wanted him from Italy. They wanted help from installations. They called Washington, wanted all kinds of help. It was denied.

Now to be fair, Trump is resting his assertion on 9/11 that it was lax immigration that allowed the 9/11 hijackers into the country.  Well, no question that's probably true.  However, Bush was not president when they got into the country.  I mean, they made numerous trips in and out of the country.  Bush hadn't been in the White House long enough for there to have been any impact whatsoever.  Now, Trump could say, "Well, but he wouldn't have changed anything because we know he's for comprehensive reform."

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  But it's still a stretch.  So in Trump's case, I think it's a vehicle for spreading his views, for continuing to focus attention on his number one issue, which is immigration -- illegal immigration.  But this is kind of weird, the whole Benghazi situation. Let me grab a call.  This first call here will actually get to the nub of that.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34