Author Topic: Europe's first national election since mass Muslim invasion drives power to conservatives... By Thomas Lifson  (Read 439 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/10/europes_first_national_election_since_mass_muslim_invasion_drives_power_to_conservatives.html

October 19, 2015
Europe's first national election since mass Muslim invasion drives power to conservatives
By Thomas Lifson

Switzerland just elected a new parliament, and a conservative, anti-immigration party, the Swiss People’s Party (SVP) won a record vote, enabling it to form a government with a conservative majority. The political fallout in Europe is just beginning, and Angela Merkel’s Christian Democrats in Germany had better take notice. The BBC reports on the Swiss election:

The right-wing, anti-immigration Swiss People's Party (SVP) has won Switzerland's parliamentary election with a record 29.4% of the vote.

Its victory translates into 11 extra seats, giving it 65 out of the total 200 in the lower house.

Europe's migrant crisis boosted support for the SVP, commentators say - though Switzerland is taking in far fewer migrants than Germany.

The right-wing liberal FDP also got an electoral boost, coming third.

Swiss media are speaking of a "Rechtsrutsch" - a "slide to the right" - because the SVP, FDP and some small right-wing parties can now command a majority in the National Council (lower house).

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A few of SVP's campaign images from the past:

More power to 'em !!!

Oceander

strange thing, calling xenophobes conservative.

Offline GourmetDan

strange thing, calling xenophobes conservative.

Predictable thing, calling conservatives xenophobes...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Paladin

"strange thing, calling xenophobes conservative."

How does a legitimate concern about the influx of large masses of foreign peoples into Switzerland make one a xenophobe? Seems to me all one has to do is look at the situation in Sweden and Germany to develop a prudent attitude toward immigration.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Oceander

"strange thing, calling xenophobes conservative."

How does a legitimate concern about the influx of large masses of foreign peoples into Switzerland make one a xenophobe? Seems to me all one has to do is look at the situation in Sweden and Germany to develop a prudent attitude toward immigration.

All one need do is look at their propaganda to realize that they're motivated by something more than just a "legitimate concern."

Oceander

I don't really see much difference.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Oceander wrote above:
[[ I don't really see much difference. ]]

An open-borders guy like yourself wouldn't.

I heartily applaud the SVP posters.

They represent a people (perhaps I should have written "a people") that want to preserve their culture, their ethnicity, their beliefs, their way of life.

These are the characteristics that make nations, "nations".

You would dilute such things into nothingness, in the quest for "equality" and "fairness".

How is that different from the democrats you profess to despise?

Aside:
It's all the more interesting that the Swiss are rallying against immigration because they are not "ein volk" in the strictest sense of the term, but rather "a confederation", a historical mixture of French, Germans, and Italians.

Yet they understand who are to be considered "outsiders" and the logic behind protecting their national integrity.

Offline aligncare

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having borders and a national identity and culture. The entire tourism industry is based on visiting foreign lands and experiencing "other." If progressives insist on erasing 'other' then there's no reason for travel. We would be just one people, one culture, one worl... Oh, I get it now....