Author Topic: GOP's McCarthy dropping out of race for House speaker: NBCNews  (Read 5209 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: GOP's McCarthy dropping out of race for House speaker: NBCNews
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2015, 01:09:47 pm »
He would not answer any of their questions - was talking out both sides of his mouth.

I looked up the definition of politician.

"One who will not answer any questions and talks out of both sides of his mouth."

:beer:

And what's more, that's the definition of a "good" politician. The bad politicians are the ones that stand on principle and generally get knocked out of politics by the establishment hoodlums.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2015, 01:17:02 pm »
Mitt Romney.

He'd be perfect.

The Speaker needs to know the rules...ins and outs of how the House functions.   As a former governor, his experience is not suitable.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2015, 02:39:21 pm »
Anyone think Kevin McCarthy removed himself from the speakers race just because he couldn't round up the votes?

If so I have som swamp land in the Mohave I would like to talk with you about!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2015, 02:54:26 pm »
Anyone think Kevin McCarthy removed himself from the speakers race just because he couldn't round up the votes?

If so I have som swamp land in the Mohave I would like to talk with you about!

It's possible this was Boehner's doing actually.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2015, 02:57:15 pm »
The 'affair' with another married Representative had everything to do with it.

Fear of blackmail is probably the main reason this administration gets virtually everything it wants.

It's the "Chicago Way".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 03:03:12 pm »
The  "affair" was in the news several days ago. The amazing thing is that McCarthy was under consideration, with the affair lurking right below the surface.

But I should not be amazed, when matters concern the "stupid party."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:02 pm »
The  "affair" was in the news several days ago. The amazing thing is that McCarthy was under consideration, with the affair lurking right below the surface.

The goobers that had somebody at DHS edit McCarthy's Wiki biography charging the illicit affair should have waited until AFTER he was elected Speaker.

They would have gotten much more out of it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2015, 03:10:51 pm »
The goobers that had somebody at DHS edit McCarthy's Wiki biography charging the illicit affair should have waited until AFTER he was elected Speaker.

They would have gotten much more out of it.

Or... unlikely as it may seem... there appear to be some closet-conservatives at the DHS...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2015, 06:59:16 pm »
It's possible this was Boehner's doing actually.

That thought has also crossed my mind.  He sobered up and realized what he had done!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2015, 01:48:17 am »
That thought has also crossed my mind.  He sobered up and realized what he had done!

Wise generals and kings have been known to do that, see the cream rising to the top.  We are talking about Boehner though so ....
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2015, 02:15:14 am »

No you should not.  I wish I could browbeat you with reality to prove you wrong, but I cannot.  More's the pity.