Author Topic: France Train Attack Hero Stabbed: Reports  (Read 1036 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
France Train Attack Hero Stabbed: Reports
« on: October 08, 2015, 03:28:42 pm »

Spencer Stone, one of the Americans who overpowered a gunman on a Paris-bound train, has been stabbed repeatedly in California, reports say.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1566185/france-train-attack-hero-stabbed-reports
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: France Train Attack Hero Stabbed: Reports
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:41:32 pm »
"What's not clear is whether this is connected to what he did or whether it was a random incident."

Wow.  And, he was not initially expected to survive.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 04:13:03 pm »
I've read mixed reports, but apparently one of the other heroes on the French train was enrolled in the community college that was attacked in Oregon. 

I don't think this is coincidence at all.  I hope the third hero is getting some protection, as I think he is a target too - a target of another "deranged individual".
[:bs:]

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:20:22 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:55:59 pm »
I posted an article on the Oregon shooting thread about the theory that the shooter may have been after the fellow from the France train incident, but that young man wasn't in class because of "Dancing with the Stars."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 04:57:31 pm »
Not much good happens at 12:45 am, after hours of alcohol consumption.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 05:03:08 pm »
Need more details, but seems a little convenient for mere coincidence.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 05:59:59 pm »
Not much good happens at 12:45 am, after hours of alcohol consumption.

How dare you blame the victim.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 06:16:51 pm »
How dare you blame the victim.
I am not blaming anybody. I am looking at the circumstances, as I see it. His military commander would say the same thing I did.

During the time I was in the US Army a cook came back from "downtown," into the Enlisted Men's Club. He was drunk, and picked a fight with a smaller man.

The smaller man happened to be an accomplished boxer, and killed him with one punch to the face.

If I was to say the drunk was unwise to go down town and drink, I would NOT be blaming the victim. I WOULD merely be observing that late hours, and alcohol are a dangerous brew.

I have no idea what occurred in Sacramento. My life experiences inform me that alcohol and the late hour probably weighed heavily, on the outcome.

Feel free to consult with the illuminati if you need alternate theories. 

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 06:27:18 pm »
I am not blaming anybody. I am looking at the circumstances, as I see it. His military commander would say the same thing I did.

During the time I was in the US Army a cook came back from "downtown," into the Enlisted Men's Club. He was drunk, and picked a fight with a smaller man.

The smaller man happened to be an accomplished boxer, and killed him with one punch to the face.

If I was to say the drunk was unwise to go down town and drink, I would NOT be blaming the victim. I WOULD merely be observing that late hours, and alcohol are a dangerous brew.

I have no idea what occurred in Sacramento. My life experiences inform me that alcohol and the late hour probably weighed heavily, on the outcome.

Feel free to consult with the illuminati if you need alternate theories.

The unfortunate part is probably the smaller man probably didn't need the aggravation due to the bleep he killed with a punch.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 07:10:47 pm »
The unfortunate part is probably the smaller man probably didn't need the aggravation due to the bleep he killed with a punch.
I do not believe the smaller man intended to kill the other.

But it sure caused a big flap, since the smaller man was black, and he had just killed a white (1970).

This came at a time of heightened racial issues there, and I co-chaired an enlisted panel, reporting to a General on our findings.

Godzilla

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 07:26:31 pm »
I do not believe the smaller man intended to kill the other.

But it sure caused a big flap, since the smaller man was black, and he had just killed a white (1970).

This came at a time of heightened racial issues there, and I co-chaired an enlisted panel, reporting to a General on our findings.

It's a even bigger headache when this sort of thing happened between a service member and a host national.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 08:13:00 pm »
Almost too much here to absorb:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3265116/French-train-attack-hero-Spencer-Stone-STABBED-Sacramento.html

Shocking footage shows French-terror train hero Spencer Stone fighting off group of men while being repeatedly STABBED after leaving Sacramento gay club with friends

French train attack hero Spencer Stone was stabbed four times in the chest in Sacramento early Thursday
    Footage of the incident shows him fighting off a group of men who flee the scene after the attack
    Stone, 23, was with three girlfriends and one male friend and had just left the gay bar Badlands when the attack occurred
    Authorities are now searching for two adult Asian males who drove away in a dark Toyota Camry
    Initially police did not believe that Stone, 23, would be able to survive his injuries and began treating the case as a homicide
    Stone was one of the three Americans who managed to take down a gunman as he opened fire on a Paris-bound train this past August

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 08:32:04 pm »
Officials quick to say there's no terrorism link.
US airman who helped thwart French train attack is stabbed
The Associated Press
DON THOMPSON
Oct 8th 2015 3:18PM 

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone, hailed as a hero for helping to tackle a gunman on a French train in August, was stabbed and seriously wounded outside a bar early Thursday in what police said was an alcohol-related fight that had nothing to do with terrorism.

Stone, 23, was stabbed repeatedly in the upper body while out with four friends and was taken to UC Davis Medical Center, authorities said. He was expected to pull through.

Police said two assailants fled in a car. No immediate arrests were made.

"This incident is not related to terrorism in any way," Deputy Police Chief Ken Bernard said. "We know it's not related to what occurred in France months ago."

Bernard said the stabbing was "related to a nightclub incident" involving Stone's crowd and another group of people. Bernard would not say what the fight was about and said there was no evidence Stone's assailants knew who he was.

The deputy chief said he did not know whether Stone was drinking, but others in his group were.

In a statement, the hospital said Stone's family "appreciates the outpouring of love and support" and requests privacy ....
More at AOL

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 01:06:32 am »
Per link Drudgereport.com, thegatewaypundit.com, twitter @SacPolice

"update: The assault incident is not related to a terrorist act. Assault occurred near a bar, alcohol is believed to be a factor."

9:04 am - 8 Oct. 2015

FYI

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 01:09:03 am »
Per link Drudgereport.com, thegatewaypundit.com, twitter @SacPolice

"update: The assault incident is not related to a terrorist act. Assault occurred near a bar, alcohol is believed to be a factor."

9:04 am - 8 Oct. 2015

FYI

Hey, I believe it.  Why not?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 01:23:49 am »
Hey, I believe it.  Why not?

Don't be naive, Sanguine.

This was a targeted assault and is most definitely connected to the European train incident.  Anybody who thinks this is a coincidence and "alcohol related" are willfully blind.

The lesson here is that the three heroes should have declined notoriety/fame.

The other lesson is that the Sacramento law enforcement and officials are full of shit. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 01:27:58 am »
Don't be naive, Sanguine.

This was a targeted assault and is most definitely connected to the European train incident.  Anybody who thinks this is a coincidence and "alcohol related" are willfully blind.

The lesson here is that the three heroes should have declined notoriety/fame.

The other lesson is that the Sacramento law enforcement and officials are full of shit.

I should have used the sarcasm tag.  No way was this a just a chance, alcohol-fueled incident.  And, I think it is related to the Umpqua College shootings.  (I didn't fall off the turnip truck this morning. :))

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 09:20:29 am »
I should have used the sarcasm tag.  No way was this a just a chance, alcohol-fueled incident.  And, I think it is related to the Umpqua College shootings.  (I didn't fall off the turnip truck this morning. :))

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 12:34:03 pm »
:beer:

Yeah, DC. Don't you know by now Sanguine's cool.

I generally don't like using /s.  I figure if my sarcasm is so unrecognizeable, then it failed anyway.

Besides, way I see it, if folks don't know me by now, f 'em. (Do I have to mention that's sarcasm?).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:03 pm »
Yeah, DC. Don't you know by now Sanguine's cool.

I generally don't like using /s.  I figure if my sarcasm is so unrecognizeable, then it failed anyway.

Besides, way I see it, if folks don't know me by now, f 'em. (Do I have to mention that's sarcasm?).

Thank you, aligncare.

:">

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 11:00:49 pm »
Reported on Pamela Geller's site:
... Sky News is reporting that two “Asian” men in their 20s are being sought. “Asian” is Muslim in British media-speak. Has the US adopted that euphemism, too? Did the British press mean Muslims but use Asians because that’s how they report, so as not to offend Muslims?

Sacramento law enforcement has already said, “it is not thought to be connected to terrorism” which means it’s probably terrorism. ...
Also at link, video from time of attack.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:33 pm »
Reported on Pamela Geller's site: Also at link, video from time of attack.

So... we have the Umpqua college attack where one of the French Train Heros was enrolled and now we have a second French Train Hero attacked by 'Asians'...

Man, I hate it when the coinkidinks start piling up...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

France Train Attack Hero Stabbed: Reports [UPDATE: Suspect Arrested]
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 01:37:39 pm »
Police arrest suspect in stabbing of French train hero Spencer Stone

Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone was knifed three times in the torso on October 8 in a fight outside a Sacramento bar
    James Tran of unincorporated Sacramento County was arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide on Wednesday
    In August, Stone suffered a knife wound to the neck and a cut thumb when he and two childhood friends thwarted a terror attack in France

By Associated Press and Alexandra Klausner For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:03 EST, 4 November 2015 | Updated: 18:30 EST, 4 November 2015

A 28-year-old man was arrested in the stabbing of a U.S. airman hailed as a hero for helping thwart a European terror attack, police in California's capital said on Wednesday.

Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone was knifed three times in the torso on October 8 in a fight near a bar in Sacramento, shortly after nightclub patrons applauded the 23-year-old for his role in tackling a gunman with ties to radical Islam on a Paris-bound passenger train in August.

James Tran of unincorporated Sacramento County was arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide, police Chief Sam Somers Jr. said at a news conference.

A number of others were questioned in the attack but none has been arrested, he said. Police would not say how many others were questioned.

Investigators have said the assault had nothing to do with the European terror plot and involved an alcohol-fueled fight between two groups in a popular nightclub district.

They have not said what led to the argument but that there is no indication the assailants knew who Stone was.  ...

Rest of story at Daily Mail (U.K.)