Author Topic: HOMELAND...on Showtime. art imitates life imitating art [video- must watch]  (Read 1615 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AldurlGKg

A scene from the premiered episode of the new season.  Fantastic!!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

From Michelle Obama's Mirror:
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Art Imitates Life Imitating Art

Art may imitate life, but life imitates television. – apologies to Woody Allen.

What the heck’s up with Showtime?  I hope their income taxes are up to date. Did you see this, from Sunday’s premiere of Homeland?

They are going to be placed on somebody’s “enemies” list, and I’m not talking about ISIS’.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

I was sitting there, mesmerized, during this scene.  3:04 video.  Speaking about Al-Raqqah, Syria.

Incidentally, that's just what Vladimir Putin is doing. Turning it into a "parking lot". 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

What the heck’s up with Showtime?  I hope their income taxes are up to date. Did you see this, from Sunday’s premiere of Homeland?

They are going to be placed on somebody’s “enemies” list, and I’m not talking about ISIS’.

Thanks for the link, mountaineer. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Yeah! We certainly can't allow anything on TV that remotely portrays the TRUTH can we!

Absolutely LOVE this video!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:14:08 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Yeah! We certainly can't allow anything on TV that remotely portrays the TRUTH can we!

Absolutely LOVE this video!

My guess is that it will be yanked before the day is over.

Incidentally, HOMELAND is a 20th CENTURY FOX FILMS presentation on SHOWTIME at 9PM (ET).

Hope EC drops by and gives his POV......
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:18:40 pm by DCPatriot »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
My guess is that it will be yanked before the day is over.

Incidentally, HOMELAND is a 20th CENTURY FOX FILMS presentation on SHOWTIME at 9PM (ET).

Hope EC drops by and gives his POV......

You are likely right about the yanking.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

One more thing about the video....

When the character was speaking the "book" to which he was referring ("Quran") is deleted from the video...probably to not draw attention to them.

They warn you to be extremely careful with whom you share this video...please don't share on FaceBook.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:26:16 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

You are likely right about the yanking.

Can the video be modified/embedded so as to not be 'gone' into the ether? 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
One more thing about the video....

When the character was speaking the "book" to which he was referring ("Quran") is deleted from the video...probably to not draw attention to them.

They warn you to be extremely careful with whom you share this video...please don't share on FaceBook.

Not going to share it anywhere (facebook would pull it down instantly)  but will say that the video does comport nicely with what some of us have been espousing here for quite some time now.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:35:09 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Can the video be modified/embedded so as to not be 'gone' into the ether?

I don' think that is possible for anything on the internet! If you want to actually preserve it you would need to download it onto your own device for safe keeping.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Not going to share it anywhere (facebook would pull it down instantly)  but will say that the video does comport nicely with what some of us have been espousing here for quite some time now.

Absolutely, Bigun.

...except my cynicism has grown to the point that I wondered who these American Special Forces groups were actually targeting.

Still think they were targeting Assad-backers, and not ISIL butchers.   

It's gotten so crazy over there that I have no idea who the players are...not only do they have no names on the backs of their jerseys, they have no numbers either.

It's why I hope EC gives us his take on it, since he's well....you know.     :smokin:

Offline DCPatriot

I don' think that is possible for anything on the internet! If you want to actually preserve it you would need to download it onto your own device for safe keeping.

Well, I'm not interested in doing that of course, but what I meant was that at least we'd be able to link it to something other than YouTube.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Clip saved. Just in case.

Comments on it - it's accurate. In all respects.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Absolutely, Bigun.

...except my cynicism has grown to the point that I wondered who these American Special Forces groups were actually targeting.

Still think they were targeting Assad-backers, and not ISIL butchers.   

It's gotten so crazy over there that I have no idea who the players are...not only do they have no names on the backs of their jerseys, they have no numbers either.

It's why I hope EC gives us his take on it, since he's well....you know.     :smokin:

Yeah! I know for sure!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Clip saved. Just in case.

Comments on it - it's accurate. In all respects.

:beer:

Offline famousdayandyear

Thanks EC for your imprimatur regarding aggressive islam. And civilization's complete disregard of their intentions globally.

Homeland--good luck.

Offline DCPatriot

Rush just cited this video clip from HOMELAND's premier episode of the new season.

He said that actor Peter Quinn perfectly summed up the futility of the so-called War on Terror in the Middle East.

Everybody needs to watch it.  Everybody needs to see it.   

Offline DCPatriot

Episode 2 did not disappoint.  Verizon is offering 'free' SHOWTIME promotion.

HOMELAND is tense and gripping...which is unusual for later seasons. 

Offline DCPatriot

Re: HOMELAND...on Showtime. art imitates life imitating art [video- must watch]
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 10:14:22 pm »
This season has had some very fine moments.

Everything works when the villains are Middle Eastern or Korean.

Political Correctness intruded on HOMELAND, imo. 

Now that they made sexy, uptight, naughty redhead Allison, the CIA Deputy Director, the villain?

Not so much.  But they pushed the Middle Eastern terrorist chemical weapons plot to the back burner.

Peter Quinn wilts inside a panel truck going on 2 weeks now.   WTF???

:laugh: