Author Topic: I will defend Christianity around the world, says . . . Vladimir Putin?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I will defend Christianity around the world, says . . . Vladimir Putin?

Dan Calabrese

A friend of mine responded to the headline as follows: “Hitler said the same thing in 1933.”

Lest you get concepts confused, I don’t think Putin is talking about riding in shirtless on a horse to defend the rights of Christian bakeries and florists, nor to save the would-be victims of Christian-hating gunmen. But the threat he references is not insiginificant, existing mainly of course in the Middle East and coming from radical Islamist sources. The Christian Post reports that many Christians in Syria are pleased to see Putin intervening on Bashar Assad’s behalf because they figure their lot is better with Assad then it would likely be with whoever might replace him. The subsequent presentation of Putin as a big supporter of Christians in general is a bit rich to say the least:

After delivering the facts, Metropolitan Hilarion asked Putin to make protection and defense of Christianity around the globe a major part of his foreign policy.

And, as reported by Interfax, Putin replied, “You needn’t have any doubt that that’s the way it will be,” assuring Hilarion that Russian foreign policy would defend Christians from persecution abroad.

Putin’s recent actions seem to confirm his promise. Last week, Putin vetoed a U.N. motion calling for Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad to step down. Syrian Christians received this as good news. Assad is of the Alawite sect of Islam. Alawites and Christians are both religious minorities in Syria. Syrian Christians feel that sharing this minority status means Assad will provide them with protection. A Syrian Christian woman even told The Global Post, “Thank God for Russia. Without Russia we are doomed.”

Putin has long been a supporter of Christianity and Christian values within Russia. He has called for the Church to play a larger role in citizens’ social lives, better religion classes in schools, and television programs emphasizing religious values.

It’s news to me that blatant land grabs, crony capitalism and suppression of political dissent were Christian values, but maybe the Russian Bible translations are a little different.

But here’s what you can’t deny: People who feel threatened will gravitate toward someone they think might have the strength and the temerity - if not necessarily the virtue - to protect them. Who’s going to do that in Washington? Obviously not Barack Obama, who can’t even bring himself to mention that the Oregon mass shooter targeted Christians, but will be only too happy to castigate Christians over stuff that happened more than 1,000 years ago.

People will look to a strongman when they feel there is no virtuous, principled leader available. You hear a lot of American conservatives offering expressions of respect for Putin because, unlike Obama, he’s serious and aggressive in the pursuit of his geopolitical goals - which are always in the service of Russia’s strategic interests at least as he sees them.

More at:   http://canadafreepress.com/article/75826

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

Re: I will defend Christianity around the world, says . . . Vladimir Putin?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 11:58:05 pm »
The invasion of Islam must be stopped--just as was done at the Battle of Tours (732 AD), at the Gates of Vienna (1683 AD), the Battle of Lepanto (1751) -- to name some of the largest campaigns to save Western Civilization in Europe.

No one will agree with me, but Islam aggression must be defeated wherever it presents itself.  Putin is doing that. And he has the Eastern church's blessing; while Rome sits on its collective behind, pretty much ignoring the genocide of Coptic Christians (Catholics) all over the ME

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:21:20 am »

Putin is quite sincere about stopping the threat of radical Islam. Folks should take a look at how two life changing events brought Putin from atheism to Christianity.

Google Putin. There's plenty to read up on about the change in his life that lead to his newfound faith in Christ.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 12:28:29 am »
Putin is quite sincere about stopping the threat of radical Islam. Folks should take a look at how two life changing events brought Putin from atheism to Christianity.

Google Putin. There's plenty to read up on about the change in his life that lead to his newfound faith in Christ.

And my guess is that Putin has more than a passing bit of knowledge about Islam, as well as the history of political tugs of war in largely tribal areas.
He may be the Russian version of George Patton.  Like it or not, intelligence work requires intelligence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 12:39:10 am »
"A Syrian Christian woman even told The Global Post, “Thank God for Russia. Without Russia we are doomed.”

I'm afraid, at least for now, that she is correct.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 12:43:57 am »
I remember how shocked I was when I learned how Putin criticized the US government for how it treats its citizens' Christian traditions, and how he said Christians are treated with respect in Russia. I think it was in an editorial a few years back in, I believe the New York Times or Pravda (I know, what's the difference, eh?).

bkepley

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 12:47:59 am »
Trump has met his match.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 12:49:20 am »
Trump has met his match.

You just never f**king stop, do you?   **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 02:14:05 am »
"No one will agree with me..."

Not so, FDaY. I am in complete agreement with you: "Islam aggression must be defeated wherever it presents itself."
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 02:17:17 am »
You just never f**king stop, do you?

Truer words have never been posted.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 02:24:09 am »
famousdayandyear wrote above:
[[ No one will agree with me, but Islam aggression must be defeated wherever it presents itself. ]]

Think again, my friend.

There are MANY who agree with you, although they may be afraid to say so in public and even in this forum.

I -am not- afraid to say it.
So long as islam breathes upon this earth, we are in danger.

The West faces a choice.
A choice it cannot even yet see.
But it is there before us, plain as day.

There will come a time in history, a point that is reached beyond which islam will become a force that is unstoppable. A "point of no return".

Can't say as to when it will arrive.
Could be sooner.
Could be some time off yet.

But when that moment arrives, the future will reveal itself, clearly and ominously.

The West -will- come to this realization.
Either just before the point of no return, or just after.

Then we will understand, that we must fight existentially for our survival and without regard for islamic life. If we cannot do this, we will perish.

Whether or not The West survives, will depend upon when we see the reality in front of us...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:26:03 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 02:54:09 am »
Trump has met his match.

I for one hope that Trump indeed is like Putin in his desire to bring some stability and order to a world descending into chaos because of the new American power vacuum.  That would be to our benefit.  We need men of action and resolve, not mealy-mouthed, limp-wristed, denizens of political correctness out to feather their own nest...which is what about 90 percent of our elected "officials" have become in America.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 03:49:09 am »
Our friend has derailed this thread, as DC so elegantly posted

The topic is Putin defending Christianity and Western Civilization against 7th century aggressive barbarians.  It is about defeating Islam.  It is not about a presidential candidate. 

If that needs to be discussed, please start another topic that addresses it.

Ever so grateful.  Islam is the threat.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 09:48:13 am »
famousdayandyear wrote above:
[[ No one will agree with me, but Islam aggression must be defeated wherever it presents itself. ]]

Think again, my friend.

There are MANY who agree with you, although they may be afraid to say so in public and even in this forum.

I -am not- afraid to say it.
So long as islam breathes upon this earth, we are in danger.

The West faces a choice.
A choice it cannot even yet see.
But it is there before us, plain as day.

There will come a time in history, a point that is reached beyond which islam will become a force that is unstoppable. A "point of no return".

Can't say as to when it will arrive.
Could be sooner.
Could be some time off yet.

But when that moment arrives, the future will reveal itself, clearly and ominously.

The West -will- come to this realization.
Either just before the point of no return, or just after.

Then we will understand, that we must fight existentially for our survival and without regard for islamic life. If we cannot do this, we will perish.

Whether or not The West survives, will depend upon when we see the reality in front of us...

Exactly. The West has stopped having enough children to keep up with Islam. And rather than modernity changing the nature of Muslims, it has given them the technological tools to coordinate and advance their goal of world domination. Even using cell phones to detonate explosives to destroy infidels.

If 9-11 and the other atrocities perpetrated by Muslims world wide in modern times, and the history of Islam's conquests of the Christian world haven't woken us up yet - nothing will. The West will continue it's politically correct death march to self destruction.

That brings me to Putin. Putin has no illusions and no fear of defending the Christian world. He comes at it from a different political perspective, but he is defending our faith, nonetheless. I say thank God for him. And I spit on our president for throwing us Americans to the wolves.

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 07:39:04 pm »
The invasion of Islam must be stopped--just as was done at the Battle of Tours (732 AD), at the Gates of Vienna (1683 AD), the Battle of Lepanto (1751) -- to name some of the largest campaigns to save Western Civilization in Europe.

No one will agree with me, but Islam aggression must be defeated wherever it presents itself.  Putin is doing that. And he has the Eastern church's blessing; while Rome sits on its collective behind, pretty much ignoring the genocide of Coptic Christians (Catholics) all over the ME
Many will agree with you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 07:58:18 pm »
World population continues to grow, mostly 3rd worlders, from poor destitute places.

Travel is cheaper and more easy, and they want to, and can get to somewhere more prosperous.

Technology and communication tends to inform us quickly, but not very accurately or thoroughly.

And white-guilt prevails. In Europe, lest the atrocities of Germany in WWII be forgotten, we must take in everybody no questions asked.

Hence people crowd the entrance to the English Channel tunnel, to cross into the UK.

And head for friendly Sweden. Nobody from the West is willing to "Just Say No."

The wealth, political and religious freedom the 3rd worlders seek, is entirely the result of western civilization.

West Germany was not pleased with the migration of their cousins from East Germany but they tolerated it.

Germany was not happy with migrations from Eastern Europe and the Balkans, but they were fellow Europeans and they largely tolerated it.

Germany can't be pleased about migrations of muslims from outside Europe, and ought to be forcing their elected government to slam the doors shut.

If Germany can't do for reasons of their history, surely France, Britain, Scandinavia can do so.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:47 pm »
World population continues to grow, mostly 3rd worlders, from poor destitute places.

Travel is cheaper and more easy, and they want to, and can get to somewhere more prosperous.

Technology and communication tends to inform us quickly, but not very accurately or thoroughly.

And white-guilt prevails. In Europe, lest the atrocities of Germany in WWII be forgotten, we must take in everybody no questions asked.

Hence people crowd the entrance to the English Channel tunnel, to cross into the UK.

And head for friendly Sweden. Nobody from the West is willing to "Just Say No."

The wealth, political and religious freedom the 3rd worlders seek, is entirely the result of western civilization.

West Germany was not pleased with the migration of their cousins from East Germany but they tolerated it.

Germany was not happy with migrations from Eastern Europe and the Balkans, but they were fellow Europeans and they largely tolerated it.

Germany can't be pleased about migrations of muslims from outside Europe, and ought to be forcing their elected government to slam the doors shut.

If Germany can't do for reasons of their history, surely France, Britain, Scandinavia can do so.

Very cogent and coherent.