Author Topic: Warren's Beef With Biden  (Read 519 times)

Online libertybele

Warren's Beef With Biden
« on: October 04, 2015, 07:06:32 pm »
I really don't see Warren and Biden so far apart on issues.  Warren isn't going to endorse anyone because she's waiting to be offered the VP position.  There is no doubt in my mind that she will be the chosen one for the VP spot regardless of who wins the DEM nomination.

Warren outlines differences with Biden

Washington (CNN)Sen. Elizabeth Warren's meeting with Vice President Joe Biden last summer helped fuel speculation that Biden would enter the 2016 race -- but the Massachusetts senator told CNN's Jake Tapper that the two Democrats have disagreed very sharply in the past.

"Oh, yes we have," Warren said in an interview at the Washington Ideas Forum that aired Sunday on "State of the Union." "You bet."

The two have battled over a 2005 bill that made it more difficult for individuals to file for bankruptcy. Biden backed the legislation, while Warren, then a Harvard professor who was advising the National Bankruptcy Review Commission, testified against the bill, which ultimately passed.

"Sen. Biden was on one side of that fight and I was on the other," Warren said. "And you better believe I didn't hold back."

Warren said she and Biden are still on opposite sides when it comes to financial reform.

Biden and Warren met at the vice president's residence in August, where they discussed "a whole range of policy issues," Warren told Tapper.

"How we're going to build America's middle class, about how we're going to create opportunities for working families, how we're going to create opportunities for poor families," Warren said. "Both of us see this as a principal role of government. It's about the investments we need to make and the investments we need to make together. And look, I'll be straight on, we also talked about the need for a cop on the beat on Wall Street. We talked about support for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. And it was a good conversation."

Warren added: "Joe Biden is somebody who cares about America. And who cares about America's families. I think that's been true for a long time. So that's what the conversation was about."

People close to Biden, who is still reeling from the death of his son this spring, say he has not yet made up his mind whether to enter the contest. On Thursday, CNN reported that Biden has extended his window for deciding whether to jump into the campaign..

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/04/politics/elizabeth-warren-joe-biden-2016-campaign/index.html
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:06:55 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

Re: Warren's Beef With Biden
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 07:10:03 pm »
Well I guess that's a relief.  I thought Biden was about as far left as they came.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:16:12 pm »
Warren on any side to the ticket is bad news.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 07:04:03 pm »
"It's about the investments we need to make and the investments we need to make together."

It's about the taxes we need to selectively raise on those who don't contribute to us and the federal money we need to shovel to our political supporters.

Translation service graciously provided free of charge.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan