Author Topic: 25 Greatest John Wayne Quotes Ever  (Read 927 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
25 Greatest John Wayne Quotes Ever
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/john-wayne-greatest-quotes/2015/10/01/id/694217/

By Nick Sanchez   |   Thursday, 01 Oct 2015 10:30 AM

John Wayne is a legend the world over because he embodied what many consider to be the quintessential American spirit.

Decades after his death in 1979, his legacy continues to live on in the more than 170 motion pictures in which he starred, as well as the John Wayne Cancer Foundation, which recently staged its 4th Annual John Wayne Film Festival in Dallas.

Gathered below are 25 of The Duke's most memorable quotes.

Vote Now: Who Is Your Favorite Actor of All Time?

1. Ethan Edwards in "The Searchers" (1956) — "That'll be the day."

2. Ringo Kid in "Stagecoach" (1939) — "Well, there are some things a man just can't run away from."

3. "True Grit" (1969) — "Young fella, if you’re looking; for trouble I’ll accommodate ya."

4. Tom Doniphon in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" (1962) — "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim."

5. Chris Morrell in "'Neath the Arizona Skies" (1934) — "Snakes like you usually die of their own poison."

6. Time Magazine, 1967 — "In my acting, I have to identify with something in the character. The big tough boy on the side of right — that’s me. Simple themes. Same me from the nuances. All I do is sell sincerity and I’ve been selling the hell out of that ever since I started."

7. Wil Anderson in "The Cowboys" (1972) — "I wouldn’t make it a habit of calling me that, son."

8. John Drury in "Ride Him, Cowboy" (1932) — "Where I come from we don't shoot horses when they get ornery; we tame 'em."

9. Breck Coleman in "The Big Trail" (1930) — "We can't turn back! We're blazing a trail that started in England. Not even the storms of the sea could turn back the first settlers. And they carried it on further. They blazed it on through the wilderness of Kentucky. Famine, hunger, not even massacres could stop them. And now we picked up the trail again. And nothing can stop us! Not even the snows of winter, nor the peaks of the highest mountain. We're building a nation and we got to suffer! No great trail was ever built without hardship. And you got to fight! That's right. And when you stop fighting, that's death. What are you going to do, lay down and die? Not in a thousand years! You're going on with me!"

10. Wil Anderson in "The Cowboys" (1972) — "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight!"

11. Captain Rockwell "Rock" Torrey in "In Harm’s Way" (1965) — "All battles are fought by scared men who’d rather be someplace else."

12. George Washington "G.W." McLintock in "McLintock!" (1963) — "Don’t say it's a fine morning or I'll shoot ya."

13. John Wyatt in "Westward Ho" (1935) — "Hey, stupid! Where do you think you're going? Get back there with the herd, you muttonhead!"

14. Col. Mike Kirby in "The Green Berets" (1968) — "Out here, due process is a bullet!"

15. George Washington "G.W." McLintock in "McLintock!" (1963) — "I've got a touch of hangover, bureaucrat. Don't push me."

16. J.B. Books in "The Shootist" (1976) — "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

17. Sheriff John T. Chance in "Rio Bravo" (1959) — "Sorry don't get it done, Dude."

18. Cole Thornton in "El Dorado" (1966) — "You left a boy out there to do a man's job!"

19. Tom Doniphon in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" (1962) — "I know those law books mean a lot to you, but not out here. Out here a man settles his own problems."

20. J.B. Books in "The Shootist" (1976) — "Friend, you better get another line of work; this one sure don't fit your pistol."

21. Playboy interview (1971) — "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday."

22. Col. Davy Crockett in "The Alamo" (1960) — "Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat — the same tightness a man gets when his baby takes his first step or his first baby shaves and makes his first sound as a man. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words."

23. Taw Jackson to Lomax, after shooting a bad guy in "The War Wagon" (1967) — "Mine was taller."

24. John Wayne, while filming his last movie "The Shootist" (1976) — "I've made over 250 pictures and have never shot a guy in the back. Change it."

25. Jacob McCandles in "Big Jake" (1971) — "You can call me Father, you can call me Jacob, you can call me Jake. You can call me a dirty son-of-a-bitch, but if you EVER call me Daddy again, I'll finish this fight."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: 25 Greatest John Wayne Quotes Ever
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:43:15 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwf73rKS7c0

my fav

But I sure do like this
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 03:01:28 am »
"She Wore a Yellow Ribbon": "Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness!"
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:02:41 am »
McLintock: "Somebody ought to hit you, Pilgrim. But I ain't. The hell I ain't!"
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee