Author Topic: FYI.....  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: FYI.....
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 01:36:36 am »
Sanguine, there's nothing to be afraid of a self-proclaimed "deal-maker", IMO.  It doesn't necessarily translate that he'll work with them every time.

Furthermore, Trump's never made a "deal" where it wasn't good for him or his companies.

Look at the glass as half-full....not half-empty.

BTW....I'm very glad you've joined us!  Enjoy all your posts.   :beer:

We'll see on Trump.  I'm not for him, but I'm not totally against him either.  For now.

Thank you for the welcome, and, I'm glad to be back.  I have been absent for some time because I wasn't sure that my disgust at some portions of the GOP would be appropriate here. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:38:03 am by Sanguine »

Offline Paladin

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 02:03:09 am »
IMO, that word better describes the cabal you're involved in.  Those unable or unwilling to firmly endorse a candidate...instead making it their mission to continue to track sh*t on our carpets and pee on the toilet seat in their zeal to impugn others.

Very well put, DC. Describes that annoying group of posters succinctly and accurately.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 02:08:40 am »
Very well put, DC. Describes that annoying group of posters succinctly and accurately.

Yep!

But I wish to make clear that not all of them refuse to take their shoes off...or forget to lift the toilet seat up.

As I said up top...I respect a difference of opinion or a difference of loyalty toward a specific candidate.  I don't include Once-Ler or AbaraXas...or even plain speaking Sinkspur, who know how to communicate differences without being butt holes about it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 02:24:47 am »
Tell you the truth, AbaraXas....YOUR negative posts on Trump are the only ones that give me some pause and make to stop and think.....same as looking both ways before stepping off the curb.    :laugh: 

Love your mind!   :beer:

Offline Paladin

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 02:34:56 am »
I don't include Once-Ler or AbaraXas...or even plain speaking Sinkspur, who know how to communicate differences without being butt holes about it.

With the exception of AbaraXas, you are far more charitable than I.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 02:52:27 am »
With the exception of AbaraXas, you are far more charitable than I.

Have no reason whatsoever to besmirch Once-Ler.   Donald Trump is actually the first topic on which we've differed.

And to me, Sinkspur is family.  You can't turn your back on family. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 03:02:31 am »
 :howlin: :howlin: :howlin:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 03:12:00 am »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:27 pm »
I almost wish Trump would win to watch the reaction of his sycophants to his actions as president.  I am certain he would be much more liberal than they think.  I suspect for two years they would be in denial then they would slowly, reluctantly, angrily turn on first Trump and then on each other.

If Trump does win the White House, I'm going to look forward to watching your reaction--that slow, reluctant, angry admission that the "sycophants" were right.

But be assured, there'll be no gloating.   :smokin:

bkepley

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 10:57:55 pm »
If Trump does win the White House, I'm going to look forward to watching your reaction--that slow, reluctant, angry admission that the "sycophants" were right.

But be assured, there'll be no gloating.   :smokin:

Donald Trump...president of the USA...are you sure you are serious?  Hell I wouldn't trust him to be Mayor in my town.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 12:40:21 am »
Donald Trump...president of the USA...are you sure you are serious?  Hell I wouldn't trust him to be Mayor in my town.

If he wins maybe you could emigrate with Barry Diller.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 04:37:44 am »

The problem with closed-minded people is that their mouth is always open.  ^-^

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 05:19:04 am »

Once again, with FEELING.  Sit down