Author Topic: Kerry tells Colbert: 'memories of Vietnam made me seek Iran deal' – video  (Read 1059 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2015/oct/02/john-kerry-stephen-colbert-iran-deal-vietnam-video

Speaking to Stephen Colbert on The Late Show, the US secretary of state says his time served in Vietnam helped motivate him to seek a deal with Iran over their nuclear program. ‘[Vietnam] was a war in which too many of my friends died, under circumstances that might have been averted had different choices been made by people in positions of responsibility,’ Kerry said

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kerry was in VN?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Kerry was in VN?

Cambodia, too. It's seared in his memory. Considering he was in and out so fast, it's amazing he remembers anything - especially when you factor in his natural stupidity.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Oceander

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Every time Kerry takes a dump, he invariably claims he did it "because of Viet Nam".

He is a liar and a fraud. As well, he Is an insult to real soldiers who did and saw a thousand percent more than he could ever dream up.

What Kerry,  and all the other 'Black Ops/Special Forces' drunks you meet every night in any bar, do not know is that anyone who ever actually did any of that stuff would never openly discuss it with random strangers. Furthermore,  if what you are saying is 'true reality' of specific details of strikes or real programs, you would not be 'allowed' to continue to talk about it. As long as you are spewing bullshit, like Kerry and all his bar room brothers, no one cares.

Recently encountered a guy like that who had the misfortune of discussing an operation conducted in a time and place that my friend with me, had actually been there. My friend kept asking him simple questions which he could not answer.  Who was there with you?  How did you transit to the site?  With every answer the guy would pull out of his butt, my buddy would say, No. No. It doesn't happen like that. 

He verbally eviscerated simply by asking him, 'What time was it when you did that? Was it day or night? What equipment did you have? Eventually, the guy lost track of which movie he was trying to remember, and snuck away.

More often than not, the guys who talk the most and the loudest about what a 'hero' they are, like Kerry, are compensating for whatever they really did, if they did anything at all.

It is like pulling teeth to get the 'real' guys to talk about it. It is not something they want to talk about every minute of every day. And they would never trivialize what they and their brothers did by constantly bringing it up in every setting and situation as Kerry always does.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Ah, that it explains it.  His goal in Viet Nam was appeasement by blaming the U.S. for everything and he repeated it in the Iran "deal."  0052  Maybe he can get his name in the Iran Hall of Heroes just like he is in Hanoi.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Before Vietnam we fought wars where American interests were at stake and with a clear goal.  Once committed, we fought to win.  Since then we seem unable to articulate the purpose for fighting, the outcome we want and the will to make it so. 

When it comes to military intervention, Vietnam changed our winning blueprint. So now we cling to the hope that words are more formidable than overwhelming force.

I hate that damn war.

rangerrebew

Before Vietnam we fought wars where American interests were at stake and with a clear goal.  Once committed, we fought to win.  Since then we seem unable to articulate the purpose for fighting, the outcome we want and the will to make it so. 

When it comes to military intervention, Vietnam changed our winning blueprint. So now we cling to the hope that words are more formidable than overwhelming force.

I hate that damn war.

I think these smaller, regional wars have little to do with anything other than keeping the defense industry on a form of welfare where equipment has to be manufactured more quickly than it would in normal replacement rotation.  ANY excuse will do.

Offline olde north church

The man is a walking, personified queef.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ah, I see now. So treason was the common motivator.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:31:29 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ah, I see now. So treason was the common motivator.

Yes, that is the essence of what Kerry said, whether he meant to be that honest or not.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I hate that damn war.

Which is exactly what we were doing in Vietnam until the politicians took over. 

I was there on the ground and the only thing I hate about it is the fact that I  and my comrades in arms were BETRAYED by the pukes in Washington!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I spit on John F'n Kerry and all that he stands for!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:11:41 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

Did Kerry perhaps get a paper cut when handling the papers related to the deal? Does he deserve another Purple Heart?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline PzLdr

Which is exactly what we were doing in Vietnam until the politicians took over. 

I was there on the ground and the only thing I hate about it is the fact that I  and my comrades in arms were BETRAYED by the pukes in Washington!

Roger that!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee