Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 528559 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #700 on: April 23, 2017, 06:30:48 pm »
"Her long blonde hair....... lyin' on the barber's floor,
Doesn't need it long any more......... "   :whistle:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #701 on: April 23, 2017, 06:33:16 pm »
"Her long blonde hair....... lyin' on the barber's floor,
Doesn't need it long any more......... "   :whistle:

Peter and Gordon?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #702 on: April 23, 2017, 07:37:07 pm »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #703 on: April 25, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »
Nordstrom sells jeans with fake mud on them for $425; Critics let loose

http://www.wxyz.com/news/national/nordstrom-sells-jeans-with-fake-mud-on-them-for-425

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #704 on: April 25, 2017, 06:49:35 pm »
Pay to look like that? I GET paid to look like that.  :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #705 on: April 25, 2017, 07:13:14 pm »
Trust fund babies are usually idiots. They have never done any real work, never held a real job, and paid tutors do all their homework and assignments. Being rich doesn't make you intelligent, but it can easily turn you into an arrogant moron. Nordstrom has used this understanding of wealth to bilk rich morons out of millions of dollars.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #706 on: April 25, 2017, 07:19:03 pm »
Trust fund babies are usually idiots. They have never done any real work, never held a real job, and paid tutors do all their homework and assignments. Being rich doesn't make you intelligent, but it can easily turn you into an arrogant moron. Nordstrom has used this understanding of wealth to bilk rich morons out of millions of dollars.

I'm with you.  I fully expect these stupid jeans to sell like hotcakes in the upscale malls.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #707 on: April 25, 2017, 07:32:04 pm »
I'm with you.  I fully expect these stupid jeans to sell like hotcakes in the upscale malls.

Maybe for a few weeks, until the idiots get kicked out of restaurants, bars, and shops, for looking like a filthy hobo. I could make my jeans look just like that in five minutes in my backyard. But, I have more common sense than that. When my jeans look that way, legitimately, I change and wash them. I would never even consider 'going out' looking like that. But, I'm not a rich moron, so...

This looks like something straight out of Zoolander. It's still hard to comprehend that these guys are serious.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:33:53 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

« Reply #708 on: April 25, 2017, 07:56:36 pm »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1512621355414669&id=116999698310182

The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans aren’t pants. They’re not even fashion. They’re a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic – not iconic....

Mike Rowe
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #709 on: April 25, 2017, 08:15:58 pm »
It's being advertised as 'Dégoûtant fashion'. Fashion for the faire le pitre. Only $425 for one, or two for $995.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #710 on: April 25, 2017, 08:24:19 pm »
Pay to look like that? I GET paid to look like that.  :laugh:
Everyone is going to know it isn't fake mud when it doesn't dry out and start falling on the floor. :laugh: Sheesh. If my jeans look like that I earned it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #711 on: April 25, 2017, 10:46:04 pm »
I'd sell them real jeans with real mud, grease, oil, tar, even horse poop on them for half of that. I'd even offer a variety! Mix and match!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #712 on: April 25, 2017, 10:51:50 pm »
I'd sell them real jeans with real mud, grease, oil, tar, even horse poop on them for half of that. I'd even offer a variety! Mix and match!

Odd story - when I first went to uni, I was doing the registrations thing, and looking for interesting clubs to join at the SU wearing an old pair of jeans that were more patches than original fabric. A guy walked up to me and asked if I'd sell them.  :shrug:

I did. Bought new ones and a couple pints with the cash.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #713 on: April 25, 2017, 10:55:01 pm »
Everyone is going to know it isn't fake mud when it doesn't dry out and start falling on the floor. :laugh: Sheesh. If my jeans look like that I earned it.

Not if you're not familiar with real mud.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #714 on: April 25, 2017, 11:09:34 pm »
Odd story - when I first went to uni, I was doing the registrations thing, and looking for interesting clubs to join at the SU wearing an old pair of jeans that were more patches than original fabric. A guy walked up to me and asked if I'd sell them.  :shrug:

Well played!  :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #715 on: April 25, 2017, 11:14:33 pm »
Well played!  :beer:

It's also a pretty good way to thin out the snob groups.  VERY well played indeed, @EC888high58888

I did that pledging Frats back in the 70's, but nobody offered to buy my jeans... 8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #716 on: April 25, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »

888high58888

:beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #717 on: April 25, 2017, 11:37:22 pm »
It's being advertised as 'Dégoûtant fashion'. Fashion for the faire le pitre. Only $425 for one, or two for $995.

I like it. Buy one pair, get the second pair for twice the price.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #718 on: April 25, 2017, 11:57:36 pm »
I like it. Buy one pair, get the second pair for twice the price.
Anyone stupid enough to buy fake dirty jeans wouldn't do the math. If you've got a rich fool in your shop, may as well get what you can get.

Nordstrom was selling these idiots rocks a couple of weeks ago.  Plain ordinary rocks, like you could find on the side of any road, for $85 - $100. It has no purpose, use, or function at all, and yet rich people bought them up. Check it out.
http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/made-solid-medium-leather-wrapped-stone/4497177
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:05:40 am by 240B »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #719 on: April 26, 2017, 12:02:24 am »
Anyone stupid enough to buy fake dirty jeans wouldn't do the math. If you've got a rich fool in your shop, may as well get what you can get.

Nordstrom was selling these idiots rocks a couple of weeks ago.  Plain ordinary rocks, like you could find on the side of any road, for $85 - $100. It has purpose, use, or function at all, and yet rich people bought them up. Check it out.
http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/made-solid-medium-leather-wrapped-stone/4497177
The comments (reviews) are a hoot, too.

I wonder if we could sell them a traditional buffalo chip fire kit?

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2017, 12:11:42 am »
The comments (reviews) are a hoot, too.

I wonder if we could sell them a traditional buffalo chip fire kit?

All in the marketing.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:30 am »
All in the marketing.
Bow drill (with waxed faux sinew --no animals harmed in the making of this kit), dried grass (for tinder), and 5 lbs of genuine dried buffalo dung...in a box with a printed beadwork motif... Should be good for a couple hundred bucks.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:31 am »

I was a plumber, don't look like mud to me :whistle:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2017, 12:26:26 am »
Nordstrom's next big product rollout is apparently going to be pre-stained underwear for men and women. You get a selection of different kinds of stains which you can select for a customized finish.

For the tee shirts, you can get pit-stains along with your choice of coffee, mustard, ice cream, and/or spaghetti sauce on the front. For the briefs/panties, you can get fake poop and/or urine stains along with menstrual leakage for the pretty ladies, and spermatum blasts for the discerning gentlemen.

All stains are guaranteed not to ever fade or wash out for the life of the product. I heard that you can preorder at the Nordstrom website for  $99 per set, one top and one bottom.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:28:11 am by 240B »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #724 on: April 26, 2017, 12:29:22 am »
Nordstrom's next big product rollout is apparently going to be pre-stained underwear for men and women. You get a selection of different kinds of stains which you can select for a customized finish.

For the tee shirts, you can get pit-stains along with your choice of coffee, mustard, ice cream, and/or spaghetti sauce on the front. For the briefs/panties, you can get fake poop and/or urine stains along with menstrual leakage for the pretty ladies, and spermatum blasts for the discerning gentlemen.

All stains are guaranteed not to ever fade or wash out for the life of the product. I heard that you can preorder at the Nordstrom website for  $99 per set, one top and one bottom.

Can my babe get an offer for menstrual blood jeans?  I heard it's all the rage.
I will NOT comply.