Author Topic: Ridiculous News of the Day  (Read 536916 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Ridiculous News of the Day
« Reply #1525 on: September 04, 2018, 03:36:16 pm »
Facepalm: Some Idiot Drives Truck Onto a NorCal Jetty Last Year To Watch Waves… Needed An Airlift Out
https://gcaptain.com/facepalm-some-idiot-drives-truck-onto-a-norcal-jetty-to-watch-waves-needs-airlift-out/

! No longer available
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1526 on: September 04, 2018, 03:49:08 pm »
Facepalm: Some Idiot Drives Truck Onto a NorCal Jetty Last Year To Watch Waves… Needed An Airlift Out
https://gcaptain.com/facepalm-some-idiot-drives-truck-onto-a-norcal-jetty-to-watch-waves-needs-airlift-out/

! No longer available

That's so stupid, it's painful to watch.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1527 on: September 04, 2018, 03:58:13 pm »

It was.  After the strong waves push his truck around, he gets out of the truck.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1528 on: September 14, 2018, 11:31:18 pm »
We only eat fruit, and haven’t brushed our teeth in two years
By Josie Griffiths, The Sun
September 14, 2018 | 2:32pm

This woman claims she has eaten almost nothing but fruit for five years and says her extreme diet makes her “feel high.”

Interior architect Tina Stoklosa, who’s originally from Warsaw, Poland, first tried the fruitarian diet as a pre-Christmas cleanse, way back in December 2013.

The 39-year-old instantly saw results, but she found the diet hard to stick to at home, because of temptations to go for meals out.

She decided to move to Bali three years ago, to discover more exotic fruit and go fully fruitarian and it was here that she met her fiance Simon Beun, 26, from Izegem, Belgium.

The couple haven’t brushed their teeth in two years, claiming they don’t need to on the diet and say they would never go back to “normal” food.  ...

Despite the high-sugar diet, they haven’t brushed their teeth in two years – because they think the fiber from the fruit cleans them.

Stoklosa said: “The benefits are weight loss, you can eat an unlimited amount of fruit every day, increased sleep quality, crazy amounts of energy. Feeling more connected to nature, to yourself and others. Feeling like you are getting younger each day – from a scientific standpoint you are on this diet.

“It cures depression, cures so many mental illnesses, relieves anxiety. Cures all chronic digestive issues. There are thousands of personal accounts of people who have cured cancer on this diet.  ...
Rest of story and photos at NY Post
I'm sure they're very pleasant to be around.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1529 on: September 15, 2018, 01:27:12 am »

Anybody have any idea why that yahoo didn't just put it in reverse and start backing up when the first wave came over the road instead of driving further out into the sea?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1530 on: September 15, 2018, 01:39:48 am »
Anybody have any idea why that yahoo didn't just put it in reverse and start backing up when the first wave came over the road instead of driving further out into the sea?

Looked a little wider at the end... I think he was looking for the wider part to turn around.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1531 on: September 15, 2018, 01:40:55 pm »
Looked a little wider at the end... I think he was looking for the wider part to turn around.

@roamer_1

Probably,but you would think a wall of water running directly at him would be a good first clue he needed to get back to where he just came from. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to puzzle out "Gee,there is a wall of water in front of me that is coming at me,and there is no water behind me where I just came from,so which way should I go?"

Unless of course he is a Kennedy relative. None of them should be allowed to leave their houses without a babysitter.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1532 on: September 15, 2018, 06:28:00 pm »
@roamer_1

Probably,but you would think a wall of water running directly at him would be a good first clue he needed to get back to where he just came from. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to puzzle out "Gee,there is a wall of water in front of me that is coming at me,and there is no water behind me where I just came from,so which way should I go?"

Unless of course he is a Kennedy relative. None of them should be allowed to leave their houses without a babysitter.

@sneakypete
Well Pete, the very fact he is THERE means we are giving him too much credit. :P

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1533 on: September 15, 2018, 06:34:40 pm »
@sneakypete
Well Pete, the very fact he is THERE means we are giving him too much credit. :P

@roamer_1

Point taken.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1534 on: September 17, 2018, 03:47:41 pm »
Pampers is ditching ‘Sesame Street’ diapers amid gender concerns
By Lisa Fickenscher
September 16, 2018
Full story at NY Post

The characters from “Sesame Street” are quietly getting pulled from Pampers — and it might be because they’re mostly dudes.

In a major move this summer that hasn’t been officially announced, the world’s biggest diaper brand has quietly wiped characters like Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch from most of its diapers. ...

“The Pampers rep said … parents who have daughters thought that the ‘Sesame Street’ characters are too masculine,” Wong-Benjamin told The Post.

Asked whether parents had complained that “Sesame Street” characters lack female representation, a Pampers spokeswoman dodged the question initially before saying “No” in an email to The Post.  ...

Wong-Benjamin says she demanded — and got — a refund from her local Walgreens after her 2-month-old son, Xavier, leaked more with the new Pampers, which instead of Muppets have generic-looking designs of paper airplanes and cameras on them.

“I thought this could be something made in China — like something you’d buy at the dollar store,” Wong-Benjamin told The Post. “I mean, who puts a camera on a diaper?”
Better than putting a camera in a diaper, eh, Patton Oswalt, James Gunn, Michael Ian Black?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1535 on: September 17, 2018, 11:49:43 pm »
In a major move this summer that hasn’t been officially announced, the world’s biggest diaper brand has quietly wiped characters like Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch from most of its diapers. ...

Big Bird is a dude?  Elmo has to be trans, and just because Cookie Monster has a deep voice doesn't mean it is a guy.  The girl's 4th grade gym teacher Ms. Longtree (never married) had a deep voice too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1536 on: September 20, 2018, 05:33:27 pm »
Minke whale removal turns into public spectacle after carcass washes up on Rye beach
By JASON SCHREIBER
UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT

RYE — A dead minke whale became a sad spectacle after it washed up on Jenness State Beach Monday morning and later was dropped onto the ground as crews attempted to move the mammal to a facility where a necropsy can be done to determine its cause of death.

The two-ton male juvenile whale ended up ashore after its body was spotted Sunday just off the coast between Rye and the Isles of Shoals; it was reported to be entangled in fishing gear. 

“We had a feeling it was going to wash in. It was just a matter of when and where because the winds were favorable for that,” said Ashley Stokes, manager of the Seacoast Science Center’s Marine Mammal Rescue Team.

http://www.unionleader.com/animals/minke-whale-removal-turns-into-public-spectacle-after-carcass-washes-up-on-rye-beach-20180917

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1537 on: September 21, 2018, 02:28:13 am »

At least it was fresh enough it didn't break open....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1538 on: September 21, 2018, 03:40:46 pm »
British woman in Tenerife found with turtle in vagina after night out partying
The 26-year-old, who went to an emergency room complaining of pain in her genital area, has no memory of what could have happened
PEDRO MURILLO
Santa Cruz de Tenerife 21 SEP 2018 - 16:45   CEST
https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/09/21/inenglish/1537528934_632413.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #1539 on: September 22, 2018, 04:00:06 am »
It's all fun and games until someone gets a turtle...
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1540 on: September 22, 2018, 04:06:00 am »

And how.

How many times have I heard those very words...  **nononono*

Offline corbe

« Reply #1541 on: September 22, 2018, 07:29:43 pm »
   You Rang?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1542 on: September 22, 2018, 07:36:36 pm »
Words to live by.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1543 on: September 23, 2018, 01:08:38 am »
uh huh

yeah

she is cute

but she prolly has a red snapper in her pants

thank god for nongamy

no...wait...

thank god for monogamy
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1544 on: September 28, 2018, 12:44:37 am »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/distracted-boyfriend-meme-ruled-sexist-by-swedish-watchdog/ar-BBNC4cM?ocid=spartandhp
'Distracted boyfriend' meme ruled sexist by Swedish watchdog

"The committee finds that the woman in red... is presented as a sex object."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1545 on: October 03, 2018, 05:52:57 pm »
Saudi woman barred from marrying 'musical' suitor
AFP•October 2, 2018
Riyadh (AFP) - A Saudi woman has lost a judicial battle to marry the man of her choice as a court deemed him "religiously" unfit because he plays a musical instrument, a Saudi newspaper reported Tuesday.

[...]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-woman-barred-marrying-musical-suitor-131543289.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1546 on: October 08, 2018, 09:00:11 pm »
AP October 8, 2018, 7:45 AM
Inmates find unique escape means: trash cans

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Authorities in Kentucky are searching for two inmates who escaped a Louisville jail by hiding in trash cans.

The Courier Journal reports a statement by Louisville Metro Corrections says Justin Stumler and Jeremy Hunt escaped Saturday night. It says the minimum security inmates were working in the jail's kitchen when they hid in food waste trash cans taken outside for disposal.

It says a witness saw the men and notified a corrections officer. Authorities still were searching for the men as of Sunday morning.

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/louisville-inmates-find-unique-escape-means-trash-cans-justin-stumler-jeremy-hun/

Minimum security prisoners, perhaps this was not a smart move.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:02:37 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1547 on: October 08, 2018, 09:17:18 pm »
Minimum security prisoners, perhaps this was not a smart move.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Authorities in Kentucky are searching for two inmates who escaped a Louisville jail by hiding in trash cans.

They probably got the idea from watching "Hogan's Heroes."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1548 on: October 08, 2018, 10:47:04 pm »
They probably got the idea from watching "Hogan's Heroes."
SCHULTZ!!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1549 on: October 09, 2018, 10:57:39 pm »
An Airbnb guesthouse of horrors
 By Sean P. Murphy Globe Staff 
October 08, 2018

Jaleesa Jackson and Chiedozie Uwandu headed out of town in June for a week of rest and relaxation in Southern California.

As medical residents in anesthesiology at big, busy hospitals in Boston, Jackson and Uwandu live under constant stress, each putting in 14-hour shifts five or six days a week while regularly being on-call around the clock.

They figured traveling 3,000 miles to lounge on the beach would allow them to unwind. So they found a small guesthouse in Los Angeles on Air-bnb. It had excellent reviews and a host who had so impressed Airbnb that the popular short-term rental company had ranked him one of its best — a “super host.”   ...

Then the vacation took a truly frightening turn.

They were asleep at about 2 a.m. when a man came crashing through a large window in their darkened bedroom, sending shards of glass everywhere and leaving him sprawled on the floor, face down.  ...

The man wore a gray sweat shirt with the hood pulled over his head. But when Jackson got a glimpse of his face, she recognized him: It was JJ, Airbnb’s vaunted “super host.” ...
Read the entire story at Boston Globe.