Author Topic: Why Are We Still Listening to Karl Rove?.....By: Jeffrey Lord  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Why Are We Still Listening to Karl Rove?.....By: Jeffrey Lord
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 04:32:39 am »
I love it that not a single person on this thread was able to refute Rove's points.

Instead, we have ad hominems and just general trashing of him. But Rove is right about a shutdown and everybody here knows it.

Rove peaked right before the internet started carrying the weight it does now and while landlines were still the majority of phone numbers. Today he's a dinosaur. The value of his opinion now is far less than 10 years ago. Time and tech passed him by. It's happens to the best of us.
The Republic is lost.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 05:14:16 pm »
Rove peaked right before the internet started carrying the weight it does now and while landlines were still the majority of phone numbers. Today he's a dinosaur. The value of his opinion now is far less than 10 years ago. Time and tech passed him by. It's happens to the best of us.

Sinkspur is Rove's mom, I believe.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 05:36:10 pm »
Sinkspur is Rove's mom, I believe.

I've said it before, I want to be standing by you charging up the hill. :patriot:

bkepley

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 05:36:52 pm »
I love it that not a single person on this thread was able to refute Rove's points.

Instead, we have ad hominems and just general trashing of him. But Rove is right about a shutdown and everybody here knows it.

Of course he's right about shutdowns.  The typical low information voter (meaning the folks who actually decide the elections in the end) hates shutdowns and blames the GOP for them.  The Democrats would love for the GOP to force a so-called shutdown.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 05:41:16 pm »
Of course he's right about shutdowns.  The typical low information voter (meaning the folks who actually decide the elections in the end) hates shutdowns and blames the GOP for them.  The Democrats would love for the GOP to force a so-called shutdown.

The Democrats would love for the GOP to to put themselves into a position where the Dems could force a so-called shutdown and blame the GOP.  Heck, the GOP can't even defund Planned Parenthood.  Do we really think they have it together enough to "shut down the government"?  I mean, really?

bkepley

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 05:46:07 pm »
The Democrats would love for the GOP to to put themselves into a position where the Dems could force a so-called shutdown and blame the GOP.  Heck, the GOP can't even defund Planned Parenthood.  Do we really think they have it together enough to "shut down the government"?  I mean, really?

They can if they want to...power of the purse.  Personally, it would suit me fine.  Tactically I suspect it would be a mistake.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »

This moment feels like a cold water dousing, a slap across the face, like an eye opening scream: "wake up!" The veneer is worn off.  DC only cares about it's power and it's money--and nothing about you, nothing about principle, nothing about truth--unless there's something in it for "them!"

We the little people are done protecting established protocol. We want change! Change in purpose, change in direction, quantitative and qualitative change!!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:21:41 pm by aligncare »

bkepley

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 06:11:44 pm »
This moment feels like a cold water dousing, a slap across the face, like an eye opening scream: "wake up!" The veneer is worn off.  DC only cares about it's power and it's money--and nothing about you, nothing about principle, nothing about truth--unless there's something in it for "them!"

We the little people are done with protecting established protocol. We want change! Change in purpose, change in direction, quantitative and qualitative change!!!!

Workers of the world unite!!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 06:13:59 pm »

Thanks. I haven't had a good laugh today, until his asinine simplicity.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »

Speaking of cold water.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:14:54 pm by Sanguine »

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2015, 06:54:47 pm »
I've said it before, I want to be standing by you charging up the hill. :patriot:

Thank you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2015, 10:54:24 pm »

And yet the Democrats lost the next election in a landslide. It seems like all the people that were so eager to blame the Republicans didn't really bother to vote them out in 2014, did they? Of course not.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2015, 11:00:01 pm »
  And yet the Democrats lost the next election in a landslide. It seems like all the people that were so eager to blame the Republicans didn't really bother to vote them out in 2014, did they? Of course not.

A little thing called the Obamacare roll-out caused about 95% of that landslide. Not the shut down.

Going to bet the farm on the Democrats screwing up so totally again?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2015, 11:06:27 pm »
A little thing called the Obamacare roll-out caused about 95% of that landslide. Not the shut down.

Yet the Republicans are in charge and not one inch of any repeal has even made it passed the Senate we the voters handed to them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 11:51:06 pm »
Yet the Republicans are in charge and not one inch of any repeal has even made it passed the Senate we the voters handed to them.

Not when money can be made hand over fist lying about fighting it and repealing it

Offline Paladin

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 01:35:33 am »

Not the entire farm, EC, but I have high hopes that the incompetent twit Obama will indeed mess up enormously in one of several areas before he rides off into the night. He just seems to have a talent for doing so.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 10:01:41 am »
You are probably right in that - enough to bet all my mad money anyway.

The problem is, as always, timing. If he messes up early enough, Hillary or Saunders or Slow Joe only have to shift their campaign emphasis slightly to "not Obama" to have a decent chance of winning. Easiest for Saunders, of course and hardest for Slow Joe, but doable.

It'll have to be something domestic though - most Americans (especially LIVs) don't really give a crap about what goes on in another state, never mind another country. Nothing is really on the radar for that.  **nononono*
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink