Author Topic: For the Fat Girl in Boise  (Read 2632 times)

Online massadvj

• Auktion Online
For the Fat Girl in Boise
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:46:08 PM »
I ran into this video.  It's going viral on Facebook.  Something really bugged me about it...  so I fixed it. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJJGtjo8xcU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJJGtjo8xcU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:47:36 PM by massadvj »
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: For the Fat Girl in Boise
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 04:42:57 PM »
Hmmmm....I don't agree with you on this one Victor...there can be many reasons she is heavy other than self indulgence...and I think that is what she was trying to prove...

edited to say...that most women spend their lives dieting and watching their weight to try to reach this *ideal* that has been set...sometimes so high that many never achieve it through no fault of their own...just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:46:00 PM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Online massadvj

• Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »
Hmmmm....I don't agree with you on this one Victor...there can be many reasons she is heavy other than self indulgence...and I think that is what she was trying to prove...

edited to say...that most women spend their lives dieting and watching their weight to try to reach this *ideal* that has been set...sometimes so high that many never achieve it through no fault of their own...just my 2 cents

Well, we have to disagree sometime, Myst.  I will say that I don't judge her because of her weight, but i do judge her on her attempt to be enabled for doing nothing about her weight.  I don't really take issue with her being overweight if that is what she wants to do.  I love freedom, as you know.  But standing half-naked in the street asking others to celebrate one's flaws strikes me as utterly silly, and utterly "progressive."  Right up there with giving awards for participation instead of merit.

I am glad the video was able to provoke a response from you.  That was its purpose, after all.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:58:02 PM »

Online massadvj

• Auktion Online
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:52:59 AM »
Someone on YouTube posted the question "What did the original sign say?"

It said: I am standing with anyone who has struggled with a self-esteem issue like me because all bodies are valuable.  To support self-acceptance draw a heart on my body.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf