Author Topic: TRUMP CAVES to RINOGOP  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Longiron

TRUMP CAVES to RINOGOP
« on: September 03, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »
Hate to see this BUT the real world is TRUMP just caved to the RINOGOP. His main attraction was his Independence and he just became ONE of them. The RINOGOP will treat him fairly until it gets down to 2-3 candidates and then the RINOGOP will trash him and throw him under the bus in a heart beat. TRUMP numbers will start falling shortly and surprised he got taken in by the RINOGOP. Well it was fun while it lasted having someone take on and WIN over the establishment RINOGOP. JMO and disappointed??? :shrug:

Offline olde north church

Re: TRUMP CAVES to RINOGOP
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 06:27:08 pm »
He was actually screwed either way.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:31:53 pm »
Longiron is just dying for Trump to go 3rd party.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 06:32:14 pm »
He was actually screwed either way.

Respectively disagree. TRUMP was basically running 3 rd Party now anyway and WINNING without any support from RINOGOP. He just plain old F***** up. The RINOGOP could care about winning but keeping the RNC intact and not going the way of the WHIG party. The enemy is the RINOGOP not the LIBS and when we the people realize that there is no other way to fix it other than a NEW party or a CONSERVATIVE, INDEPENDENT TRUMP. Bend over AGAIN.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:33:19 pm by Longiron »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:34:11 pm »
Hate to see this BUT the real world is TRUMP just caved to the RINOGOP. His main attraction was his Independence and he just became ONE of them. The RINOGOP will treat him fairly until it gets down to 2-3 candidates and then the RINOGOP will trash him and throw him under the bus in a heart beat. TRUMP numbers will start falling shortly and surprised he got taken in by the RINOGOP. Well it was fun while it lasted having someone take on and WIN over the establishment RINOGOP. JMO and disappointed??? :shrug:

Given that the GOP never does what they say, what could they do to him if he jumps?
It is not against the law and he evidently has not taken any GOP money, so all they could do is call him names.... which they do already.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 06:35:24 pm »
Has Jeb signed this pledge?  I only ask because I want to see him supporting Trump. :smokin:

PS:  I truly hate this "pledge" bs.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 06:37:04 pm »
BTW...I got to watch his press conference live.  Damn good.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:37:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 06:42:13 pm »
The Republican Party is a "brand" like Coca Cola or Chevrolet. Use our brand name, follow our rules.

Each side evaluates the terms, BEFORE agreeing to follow them. That is basic contract law.

So the Donald decided the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, as did the RNC.

Considering post WWII history, from George Wallace, Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, John Anderson, Pat Buchanan, etc. both sides made wise choices.

Cuz 3rd party dooms it to failure, which the dems have learned better up until now.

Nice to see the Republicans act wisely for a change.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 06:51:10 pm »
An equally operative take on this is that the GOP has just pledged to support Trump should he win the GOP nomination. It's a two-way street. Knowing Trump's negotiating skills I'm sure he got what he was looking for out of this deal.

bkepley

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 06:55:27 pm »
An equally operative take on this is that the GOP has just pledged to support Trump should he win the GOP nomination. It's a two-way street. Knowing Trump's negotiating skills I'm sure he got what he was looking for out of this deal.

If Trump wins then he will be "the GOP" whatever that is.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 06:57:58 pm »
It was absurd for the GOP to ask for this "pledge" but knowing Trump, he will find a way to back out of it if he desires to do so.  The pledge means nothing.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 07:02:25 pm »
Exactly. That is what I meant up thread, by Quid pro quo. You give me something, I give you something.

It appears to me that Trump held the high cards.

He has more to gain and less to lose. He says "look, I'm leading by a huge amount. I'm going to run one way or the other. You want me to do it as a Republican, or as a 3rd party?"

The RNC had a weak hand. They decided "look Mr. Trump, we want you to run as our guy. Sign here, and we will support you." That support means an established organization, people and money.

I am not in love with Trump, but I accept he is going all the way this time, so it appears. He will be the guy on my side. I want him to have the best chance, so I support this agreement.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 07:14:05 pm »
Exactly. That is what I meant up thread, by Quid pro quo. You give me something, I give you something.

He has more to gain and less to lose. He says "look, I'm leading by a huge amount. I'm going to run one way or the other. You want me to do it as a Republican, or as a 3rd party?"

The RNC had a weak hand. They decided "look Mr. Trump, we want you to run as our guy. Sign here, and we will support you." That support means an established organization, people and money.

I am not in love with Trump, but I accept he is going all the way this time, so it appears. He will be the guy on my side. I want him to have the best chance, so I support this agreement.

Agree with most of your post BUT DO you really think the RINOGOP is going to support TRUMP is any way. He does not need their money, he has a organization of OUTSIDE the beltway consultants and they are in line to sign up for his team, volunteers. The RINOGOP has a plan and TRUMP just completed phase ONE of it by signing the pledge. Hope this is the wrong opine BUT time will tell! :patriot:

bkepley

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 07:19:35 pm »
It was absurd for the GOP to ask for this "pledge" but knowing Trump, he will find a way to back out of it if he desires to do so.  The pledge means nothing.

I agree.  It means nothing.  Rules don't apply to Don Trump.

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 07:29:59 pm »

I believe it was Trump who once said "When a guy owes a $40,000 to a bank, the bank has got him.  When a guy owes a bank $40,000,000, he's got the bank." I think he had the bank, to a degree.  He obviously looked at the whole situation though.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 07:52:06 pm »
Well, I am disappointed.  His first "cave" to the GOPe.  I can't remember in the history of elections where candidates have been asked to pledge not to run 3rd party.  I am not a Trump supporter, but one thing that I did find appealing was his unwillingness to march to the drum of the GOPe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 08:33:14 pm »
Well, I am disappointed.  His first "cave" to the GOPe.  I can't remember in the history of elections where candidates have been asked to pledge not to run 3rd party.  I am not a Trump supporter, but one thing that I did find appealing was his unwillingness to march to the drum of the GOPe.

This was just another in a long line of political flim-flammery.  The "No New Taxes Pledge".  We remember how that one turned out.  There was another one in '96 with the education thing. 

Godzilla

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 09:11:06 pm »

Wow.  I have no words to describe the BSI here.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 10:30:17 pm »
Longiron ,what third party loser did you vote for 2008 or 2012? I know you were not on here slamming the Republican party,calling them all RINOs, so we havn't a clue who did ring your bell. I can't imagine you voting for McCain / Palin or  for Romney.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:29:15 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline evadR

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 10:45:17 pm »
My thoughts exactly.
Anyone who things Trump caved still doesn't get it. Trump is a master negotiator.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 10:49:56 pm »

Who could hate this cute li'l fella?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 10:59:31 pm »
I believe it was Trump who once said "When a guy owes a $40,000 to a bank, the bank has got him.  When a guy owes a bank $40,000,000, he's got the bank." I think he had the bank, to a degree.  He obviously looked at the whole situation though.

He may have said it, but it was not original with him.

Trump may have the bank, but, if he is the nominee, we are looking at a Goldwater-like loss in 2016. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 11:05:38 pm »
He may have said it, but it was not original with him.

Trump may have the bank, but, if he is the nominee, we are looking at a Goldwater-like loss in 2016.

You hold that like a cuddly little Teddy bear.

bkepley

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 11:05:49 pm »
It's pretty hillarious watching his announcement.  There are a bunch of asian looking folks behind him who are kind of shrugging and looking around, clearly gathered from off the street and not understanding a word of it.