Author Topic: Brady beats NFL: Federal judge tosses 4-game suspension in 'Deflategate'  (Read 734 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/09/03/tom-brady-beats-nfl-in-deflategate-case/

Published September 03, 2015FoxNews.com

Chalk up another win for Tom Brady.

A federal judge deflated "Deflategate" Thursday, erasing the New England quarterback's four-game suspension for a controversy that the NFL claimed threatened the integrity of the game.

U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell went too far in affirming punishment of the Super Bowl winning quarterback. Brady has insisted he played no role in a conspiracy to deflate footballs below the allowable limit at last season's AFC championship game.

The written decision frees Brady to prepare for the Sept. 10 season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Berman either had to uphold the four-game suspension or throw it out completely; he could not author a lesser punishment for Brady.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline raml

Re: Brady beats NFL: Federal judge tosses 4-game suspension in 'Deflategate'
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 10:37:03 pm »
I'm glad it seems to me there should have been more proof maybe then it would have been a proper punishment also no damage to the other team they did worse with a properly inflated ball  so it seemed they were just going after Brady for no good reason. I hope they win  it all again this year I am not a fan but I do admire the Patriots they are a very good team.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:38:27 pm by raml »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 11:02:09 pm »
Makes no difference.  Brady wears the scarlet letter "C" for CHEATER.  And he will wear it forever.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 01:15:48 am »
Makes no difference.  Brady wears the scarlet letter "C" for CHEATER.  And he will wear it forever.
You know what else he wears? Four Super Bowl rings, including the one he won as a result of this action. The league will never take those away, even if the suspension stood; it never has. (Unlike the NCAA, which never hesitates to take away ill-gotten gains.)

The league is a joke.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 05:58:43 pm »
 :beer: