Author Topic: If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?  (Read 1589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/if-these-extraordinarily-powerful-images-of-a-dead-syrian-child-washed-up-on-a-beach-dont-change-europes-attitude-to-refugees-what-will-10482757.html

The boy was part of a group of 11 Syrians who drowned off the coastal town of Bodrum in Turkey after an apparent failed attempt to flee the war ravaged country
Adam Withnall Author Biography

Wednesday 02 September 2015

The pictures show a small boy lying face down in the sand on a Turkish beach as an official stands over him.

The child, who is thought to be Syrian, has drowned in an apparent attempt to flee the war ravaging his country.

They are extraordinary images and serve as a stark reminder that, as European leaders increasingly try to prevent refugees from settling in the continent, more and more refugees are dying in their desperation to flee persecution and reach safety.

continued with photos at link
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:15:03 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

That is heartbreaking but what is the world, not just Europe, going to do about it?  What can be done?

If the world simply absorbs all of the "good" people, then the bad have won.
If we send our kids to go fight and clean it up, the we pay a huge price.

Offline famousdayandyear

Europeans are beginning to wake up to their various immigration problems.
Muslims refuse to assimilate--there are 'no-go' zones across France, Germany, the UK.

How are they to cope, then, with a flood of refugees with no help from from the wealthy oil-producing (or other) countries? 

Is it heartbreaking?  Yes.  But refugees like this can bankrupt countries in short order.  (The photo does illicit a very emotional reaction, as it was intended).  But opening borders to a flood of migrants with no laws in place invites chaos.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bravo to famousdayandyear for a good post.

And of course, once more, I'll put up these images:

I've posted these many times, and will continue to do so.
But interestingly, they never receive a response.
Jean Raspail wrote a book back around 1973 that seemed unthinkable at the time, but which has come true.

As tragic as the image is of the dead child above, if Western Europe wishes to save itself, it should be shooting these refugee boats out of the water.
Until those who would come, see that to do so means death.
Then, they will stop coming.

Otherwise, prepare for the deluge, and the loss of their nations and their cultures.

It's as simple and stark and cold and real as that.

Offline EdinVA

Bravo to famousdayandyear for a good post.

And of course, once more, I'll put up these images:

I've posted these many times, and will continue to do so.
But interestingly, they never receive a response.
Jean Raspail wrote a book back around 1973 that seemed unthinkable at the time, but which has come true.

As tragic as the image is of the dead child above, if Western Europe wishes to save itself, it should be shooting these refugee boats out of the water.
Until those who would come, see that to do so means death.
Then, they will stop coming.

Otherwise, prepare for the deluge, and the loss of their nations and their cultures.

It's as simple and stark and cold and real as that.

You and famous missed my point.
I don't disagree with the refusal to assimilate....

We, the "world" created/allowed the situation in Syria to happen so in my view, we together own this and it is up to us to find a way to fix it.
We cannot simply "shoot refugee boats" out of the water.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
EdinVA wrote above:
[[ We, the "world" created/allowed the situation in Syria to happen so in my view, we together own this and it is up to us to find a way to fix it.
We cannot simply "shoot refugee boats" out of the water. ]]

Then.... we are doomed.

We -- our nations and cultures -- are destined to be swept away as are castles in the sand melting against the rising tides.

That's the reality of this situation.

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Then.... we are doomed.

We -- our nations and cultures -- are destined to be swept away as are castles in the sand melting against the rising tides.

That's the reality of this situation.

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

No.

Problems are NEVER binary. That's childish leftist thinking.

You also may wish to re-examine your credo, or at least start paying your taxes to the Crown again. History is full of ridiculous dreamers who looked at reality and changed it totally. Some for the better, some for the worse.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

It is a invasion pure and simple. Show a little dead boy on the beach....horror. Dead babies in jars for parts......crickets.

Sharia for all.  :smokin:

Offline olde north church

It is a invasion pure and simple. Show a little dead boy on the beach....horror. Dead babies in jars for parts......crickets.

Sharia for all.  :smokin:

I don't generally make light of drownings, actually I'm not, I'm dead serious.  Who tossed their kid over the gunnel into the briny to score a political point or two?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

I don't generally make light of drownings, actually I'm not, I'm dead serious.  Who tossed their kid over the gunnel into the briny to score a political point or two?
I wouldn't doubt it. They kill their wives and kids all the time. Sadam used to store dead kids in a freezer, then when we bombed a area he would have them brought out and pictures taken. I remember I heard the interview with one of them in charge of doing that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Didn't Obama get a Nobel Peace prize or something?

Shouldn't he be on the floor of the UN, pleading for international actions on behalf of these people that are in grave peril?

Or if not him, another prominent American like former S of S Hillary Clinton?

Who has a big enough podium to stand up and tell the story? Is it Trump?

(It is not a Europe problem. They are simply the closest in distance, and known to be willing to take in refugees.) 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Godzilla

Every war creates refugees.  And it's the duty of neighboring countries to help refugees.

That said, the current calls are not to assist refugees... as that would involve opening up refugee camps for the duration of the war, with a clear understanding that after the war is over, they leave.

No, the call at the moment is to accept the refugees as permanent immigrants.  And Europe has fallen for the bait-and-switch.

I'd be calling for Turkey to set some land aside for EU-funded refugee camps.  And then move the refugees to them.  Expand as necessary.

rangerrebew

Networks Show ‘Graphic’ Image of Dead Syrian Toddler; Censor Dead Babies in Abortion Vids
By Katie Yoder | September 3, 2015 | 3:50 PM EDT

The death of 3-year-old Syrian refugee Aylan is heart-wrenching. The deaths of more than 40 million unborn babies worldwide per year is also heart-wrenching. But broadcast networks will only show one of those stories.

ABC, NBC and CBS can no longer argue that they censor graphic pictures from their news shows. Since the story broke, every evening and morning news show has shared the “heartbreaking” imagery of Aylan, a 3-year-old who drowned while fleeing Syria with his family.

The three broadcast networks presented both photography and video of a Turkish police officer carrying the dead toddler from shore to push for action on Europe’s refugee crisis. Meanwhile, they still refuse to show the dead babies harvested in the Planned Parenthood videos released by the Center for Medical Progress.

From the beginning of NBC’s Nightly News Sept. 2, anchor Lester Holt aired caution about the photograph of Aylan.

“It’s rare that we have to warn you right from the top of the newscast about what you’re about to see,” he said, “but the photo we’re going to show you has quickly resonated across the world as a heartbreaking symbol of an utter human catastrophe that we can’t close our eyes to. It is the image of a lifeless child…”

Yes, “An utter human catastrophe we can’t close our eyes to” as “the image of a lifeless child” – except when it has to do with abortion and Planned Parenthood.

The news shows have aired a mere one minute and 13 seconds of footage from the Planned Parenthood videos – and, in that time, have not once played even blurred or pixilated imagery of aborted babies’ hands and legs.

For NBC’s morning news show, Today, co-anchor Willie Geist also pointed to the “tragic photograph” of little Aylan receiving “attention across the world this morning” Sept. 3.

“Sometimes it takes a single photograph,” he stressed, “like the one we’re seeing on the front page of the newspapers across the world, of that little boy on the beach, to change the perception of a problem and a call to action.”

During CBS’ Evening News, anchor Scott Pelley introduced video footage of a Turkish police officer carrying the “lifeless body” by stressing on Sept. 2, “The photograph we’re about to show you says far more about the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Europe than any words possible could.”

So could the Planned Parenthood footage. Which is likely why the pro-abortion media won’t show it.

But they will show the body of a foreign child to galvanize support for action on refugees. The morning of Sept. 3, CBS co-anchor Norah O’Donnell highlighted the “heartbreaking image” located “on the front page of newspapers around the world.”

For the United States, those front pages included The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal and Daily News.

While O’Donnell described the photo as “graphic,” she reasoned that, “it illustrates the tragedy of the migrant crisis in Europe.”

“Hard to see that,” her co-anchor, Gayle King, chimed in.

ABC also showed the photo last night and this morning. World News anchor David Muir also showed the photo “difficult to see.” The next morning, Good Morning America also aired the image.

If only the networks lamented all loss of life – including that of the unborn – as devastating.

Methodology: MRC Culture watched the morning (Sept. 3) and evening (Sept. 2) news shows of the three broadcast networks, ABC, NBC and CBS.

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/katie-yoder/2015/09/03/networks-show-graphic-image-dead-syrian-toddler-censor-dead

Offline GourmetDan

No, the call at the moment is to accept the refugees as permanent immigrants.  And Europe has fallen for the bait-and-switch.

The European people know quite well what's going and they don't like it.

Unfortunately, they have governments like ours who encourage unlimited invasion in spite of the will of their people...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm supposed to get a worked up over his photograph?

Put next to it the photo of the ISIS fighter holding up the headless body of that little girl still wearing the blue and white dress...then get back to me.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald