Author Topic: Ky. clerk still refuses same-sex marriage licenses....[update: taken into custody]  (Read 1862 times)

Offline flowers

Exactly wht law has thei woman broken? Can anyone tell me that?
Being a Christian it seems.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's not an explicit law, but a court order she's violating.

Courts don't make laws! They issue opinions! So if there is no LAW on the books requiring or authorizing her to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple then she has only done her job and followed the law!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Godzilla

Re: Ky. clerk still refuses same-sex marriage licenses
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 09:18:34 pm »
:bsflag:

No these two " fancy boys " could go to any other country clerk ,just like  gays could  go to a another bakery
but instead they have to target a Christian

if this woman was Muslim she would not have been a
 target

I have gone from a  mostly live and let live attitude toward gays to having  a  experiential increasing  hatred of q*ueers
because of this crap and I know i'm not alone

Every county clerk in the land has to perform the same list of duties as any other clerk.

Your argument is a red herring.

Offline flowers

Courts don't make laws! They issue opinions! So if there is no LAW on the books requiring or authorizing her to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple then she has only done her job and followed the law!
Yes she has done her job. The law in that state still says marriage between man and woman. Then I have read she is a gov employee and she must obey SC ruling because she is a gov employee. Oh she is a Dem by the way.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes she has done her job. The law in that state still says marriage between man and woman. Then I have read she is a gov employee and she must obey SC ruling because she is a gov employee. Oh she is a Dem by the way.

I know she is a Democrat and it makes not one damned bit of difference to me. What I want to know i EXACTLY what law she has violated that would cause her to be thrown in jail.

Seems to me she has sworn an oath to follow the law and was doing exactly that!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

I wonder whether there's a deputy clerk in her office who doesn't object to the silliness that is homosexual marriage who couldn't perform the (bogus) task that she refuses to do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

I wonder whether there's a deputy clerk in her office who doesn't object to the silliness that is homosexual marriage who couldn't perform the (bogus) task that she refuses to do.

There is and he is doing it.  She forbade any of her deputy clerks to issue licenses either, before she got carted off to the pokey.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote above:
[[ Courts don't make laws! They issue opinions! So if there is no LAW on the books requiring or authorizing her to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple then she has only done her job and followed the law! ]]

Right on, Bigun, I posted the same argument regarding "opinions" vs. "laws" coming out of the judiciary a day or two ago.

I also endorse Mark Levin's proposed constitutional amendment that would grant the states or Congress the power to set aside U.S. Supreme Court opinions (with a 3/4 majority vote).

It's amazing that federal marshalls were sent to take into custody a town clerk for refusing to issue a piece of paper -- at the same time obama is issuing pardons to black criminal drug dealers and does nothing to halt the lawbreaking of millions upon millions of illegal border-crashers. Just amazin' ....!

Godzilla

Bigun wrote above:
[[ Courts don't make laws! They issue opinions! So if there is no LAW on the books requiring or authorizing her to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple then she has only done her job and followed the law! ]]

Right on, Bigun, I posted the same argument regarding "opinions" vs. "laws" coming out of the judiciary a day or two ago.

I also endorse Mark Levin's proposed constitutional amendment that would grant the states or Congress the power to set aside U.S. Supreme Court opinions (with a 3/4 majority vote).

It's amazing that federal marshalls were sent to take into custody a town clerk for refusing to issue a piece of paper -- at the same time obama is issuing pardons to black criminal drug dealers and does nothing to halt the lawbreaking of millions upon millions of illegal border-crashers. Just amazin' ....!

We already have that ability, it's called a 'crafting an amendment to the Constitution of the United States'.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There is and he is doing it.  She forbade any of her deputy clerks to issue licenses either, before she got carted off to the pokey.
Which is kind of ironic, come to think of it. After all, nothing is stopping the deputy from defying the order of a lady defying another order.

Of course, if he does sign the papers, it renders the whole case moot, and the judge will have to free her. At least until the next same-sex couple walks in the door.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024