Author Topic: Clinton Press Sec: Trump Mocking Huma Abedin Crosses a Line  (Read 1030 times)

rangerrebew

Clinton Press Sec: Trump Mocking Huma Abedin Crosses a Line
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:04:07 pm »
a “perv” and a “sleazebag.”
August 31, 2015
Daniel Greenfield

Trump has mocked McCain's military service and Megyn Kelly. If there's any place he draws a line, it's probably not going to be Hillary Clinton's creepy aide and her even creepier husband.

Donald Trump on Friday took aim at longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, poking fun at her marriage to former Rep. Anthony Weiner, who he called a “perv” and a “sleazebag.”

Speaking to donors in Boston, The GOP presidential front-runner noted that Abedin — whose first name he repeatedly pronounced “Ooma” — has worked closely with Clinton and would have access to classified information.

“And who is Huma married to?” Trump asked. “One of the great sleazebags of our time, Anthony Weiner.”

The businessman then mimicked typing on a cell phone and said in a mocking tone, “I love you very much.”

Now lines must be drawn.

Though Trump said he knew Weiner “was a bad guy then,” Trump did donate $2,000 to his campaign in 2010.

Nick Merrill, Clinton’s traveling press secretary, said on Facebook, "Trump crossed the line this evening. Disgraceful."

“He should be ashamed of himself, and others in his own party should take a moment to stand up to him and draw the line for once,” he added.

Yes. This is where the GOP will take a stand. For Huma Abedin. That's probably not even where Kasich would draw the line. But then again...

Then Merrill retweeted the odd claim that staffers of politicians were immune from personal attacks because they weren't political figures. When exactly did this standard ever apply during the Bush years? As I recall, never. And Trump was mainly mocking Weiner who is very much a politician, albeit a disgraced one who is currently out of office.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:05:13 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Clinton Press Sec: Trump Mocking Huma Abedin Crosses a Line
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:07:32 pm »
However, madam Clinton comparing the GOP to terrorists and saying they want to put illegals in boxcars, lying to congress, obstructing justice, and getting 4 people killed in Benghazi are perfectly acceptable. :shrug:

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:15:05 pm »
Why doesn't he point out her connections to radical Islam?  He's got the media power.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:29:04 pm »
I notice I'm not the only one who thinks Ooma is creepy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:34:13 pm »
Why doesn't he point out her connections to radical Islam?  He's got the media power.

Exactly.  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 09:37:08 am »
I like it when Trump goes after rats.  I get confused when he's attacking Republicans, and Hitlery is attacking Republicans, and their both blond.  Trump should try doing more of this if he's looking to broaden his support beyond the "I hate the GOP" wing of the GOP.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 11:43:02 am »
I like it when Trump goes after rats.  I get confused when he's attacking Republicans, and Hitlery is attacking Republicans, and their both blond.  Trump should try doing more of this if he's looking to broaden his support beyond the "I hate the GOP" wing of the GOP.
Agreed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 01:12:28 pm »

I like it when Trump goes after Rats and rat enablers regardless of what letter appears behind their names!  I think he should do more of that!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:25:49 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 01:27:09 pm »

In due time, Once-Ler....in due time.  :patriot:

And please use another word other than "confused".  It strains one's credibility that you're confused about anything.    ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald