Author Topic: President Obama to rename North America's highest peak  (Read 5676 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: President Obama to rename North America's highest peak
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 06:17:56 pm »
I think the appropriate response from Trump would have been,   " If elected, I will not follow the dictatorial path of the current president, but instead enforce the rule-of-law and allow congress to vote on the original name change proposal. And back again to Mount McKinley if that becomes necessary.  Enforcing the law is the appropriate roll as president, not making it."

But Trump to me is taking the same path as Obama.   I will do what I want - damn the balance of powers. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2015, 06:21:48 pm »
I think the appropriate response from Trump would have been,   " If elected, I will not follow the dictatorial path of the current president, but instead enforce the rule-of-law and allow congress to vote on the original name change proposal. And back again to Mount McKinley if that becomes necessary.  Enforcing the law is the appropriate roll as president, not making it."

But Trump to me is taking the same path as Obama.   I will do what I want - damn the balance of powers.

Trump is just stupid.  Obama is evil.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »
Great post! I wonder who/why he did this too?

I would only guess that it appeals to Obama's instinctive loathing for America's historical figures (especially its old white men Presidents) and his instinctive adoration for The Other (in this case, Native Americans).
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »

Trump attended the private Kew-Forest School in Forest Hills, Queens, the New York Military Academy (NYMA), University of Pennsylvania, Fordham University, Wharton School of Business  ..Trump is not stupid.

From his biography on Trump.com:

Mr. Trump started his business career in an office he shared with his father in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, New York. He worked with his father for five years, where they were busy making deals together. Mr. Trump has been quoted as saying, “"My father was my mentor, and I learned a tremendous amount about every aspect of the construction industry from him.”" Likewise, Fred C. Trump often stated that “"some of my best deals were made by my son, Donald...everything he touches seems to turn to gold.”" Mr. Trump then entered the very different world of Manhattan real estate.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:38:20 pm by aligncare »

Offline Relic

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 06:35:41 pm »

Mmmmm, I love the smell of jealousy!

While you complain of Trump's lack of accomplishment, that simply calls into question a comparison of your qualifications versus his.

Offline flowers

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2015, 06:36:47 pm »

I would only guess that it appeals to Obama's instinctive loathing for America's historical figures (especially its old white men Presidents) and his instinctive adoration for The Other (in this case, Native Americans).
I think you are correct.

bkepley

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 06:38:47 pm »
Trump attended the private Kew-Forest School in Forest Hills, Queens, the New York Military Academy (NYMA), University of Pennsylvania, Fordham University, Wharton School of Business  ..Trump is not stupid.

From his biography on Trump.com:

Mr. Trump started his business career in an office he shared with his father in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, New York. He worked with his father for five years, where they were busy making deals together. Mr. Trump has been quoted as saying, “"My father was my mentor, and I learned a tremendous amount about every aspect of the construction industry from him.”" Likewise, Fred C. Trump often stated that “"some of my best deals were made by my son, Donald...everything he touches seems to turn to gold.”" Mr. Trump then entered the very different world of Manhattan real estate.

There are different kinds of stupid. 

bkepley

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:11 pm »
Mmmmm, I love the smell of jealousy!

While you complain of Trump's lack of accomplishment, that simply calls into question a comparison of your qualifications versus his.

That's funny.  Trump was given about a billion dollar head start but I'm pretty proud of my own meagerly accomplishments.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2015, 06:45:11 pm »
From wiki:

A billion dollars? You're talking out the wrong end, bkepley.

The late 1990s saw a resurgence in Trump's financial situation. The will of Trump's father, who died in 1999, divided an estate estimated at $250–$300 million[36] equally among his four surviving children (although the will was disputed by heirs of Trump's late brother).[55]

Repairs on The Wollman Rink in Central Park (built in 1955) were started in 1980 with an expected 2½-year construction schedule but were nowhere near completion by 1986. Trump took over the management of the project, at no cost to the city, and completed it in three months for $1.95 million, which was $750,000 less than the initial budget.[51]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:49:04 pm by aligncare »

Offline Relic

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2015, 06:45:47 pm »
That's funny.  Trump was given about a billion dollar head start but I'm pretty proud of my own meagerly accomplishments.

Excuses.

bkepley

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 06:48:04 pm »
Excuses.

LOL - excuses for what?  That I did not turn out a billionaire?  Heck you guys on Trump's side are more likely to complain about the unfairness of life than I am.   I doubt you can find a single instance of me complaining about rich guys other than when they side with the Dems on an issue.

bkepley

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »
From wiki:

The late 1990s saw a resurgence in Trump's financial situation. The will of Trump's father, who died in 1999, divided an estate estimated at $250–$300 million[36] equally among his four surviving children (although the will was disputed by heirs of Trump's late brother).[55]

Repairs on The Wollman Rink in Central Park (built in 1955) were started in 1980 with an expected 2½-year construction schedule but were nowhere near completion by 1986. Trump took over the management of the project, at no cost to the city, and completed it in three months for $1.95 million, which was $750,000 less than the initial budget.[51]

Good example.  Trump did not do this totally without profiting but I have no problem with making a profit.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 06:55:56 pm »
Total non-sequitur.  What does Boehner have to do with it.  Actually I think Boehner is against the name change.  :whistle:

The non-sequitur is actually you saying this:

Typical teen-age stuff from Trump.  But of course you don't see that.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »
BENJAMIN BELL and ALI WEINBERG
ABC News

Donald Trump, apparently assuming he will secure the White House, tweeted on Monday evening that he would reverse the decision announced by President Obama to change the name of Alaska's Mount McKinley back to the traditional name Denali, saying it is an affront to the Buckeye State.

"President Obama wants to change the name of Mt. McKinley to Denali after more than 100 years. Great insult to Ohio. I will change back!" read the tweet, issued from the account of the real estate mogul.
Can't make it up.

Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-change-denali-back-mount-mckinley/story?id=33452776
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:01:19 pm by Machiavelli »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2015, 07:11:50 pm »
I will combine these two threads...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2015, 07:26:04 pm »
LOL - excuses for what?  That I did not turn out a billionaire?  Heck you guys on Trump's side are more likely to complain about the unfairness of life than I am.   I doubt you can find a single instance of me complaining about rich guys other than when they side with the Dems on an issue.

Could you cite references for where Trump supporters complain about the unfairness of life?

You constantly complain about Trump.

bkepley

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2015, 07:42:54 pm »
Could you cite references for where Trump supporters complain about the unfairness of life?

You constantly complain about Trump.

Ok I take it back about Trump supporters.  Of course I constantly complain about Trump.  He's the biggest problem in the GOP right now.

Offline Relic

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2015, 07:47:18 pm »
Ok I take it back about Trump supporters.  Of course I constantly complain about Trump.  He's the biggest problem in the GOP right now.

Can you provide proof that Trump is the biggest problem facing the GOP? You classify the Trump "threat" as being bigger than a political elite that has led voters to be so disaffected that they will take a chance on someone like Trump? I'd be interested to see your documentation and how you arrived at such a conclusion?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2015, 07:49:53 pm »
So much for my vow to stay away from Trump threads.....   :shrug:

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT OBAMA'S DICTATORSHIP.

He is doing things that he doesn't have the right to do because it requires CONGRESS to change the name.

It is not innocuous.  It is not something for which we should 'move along.'  It is yet another attempt to get rid of what is fundamentally an American principle and to arbitrarily change things that he has NO right to change.

Yes, I'm from Ohio, but this really isn't a small matter about one state's President.

(And it is NOT about Trump, for heaven's sakes).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

bkepley

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2015, 07:52:26 pm »
Can you provide proof that Trump is the biggest problem facing the GOP? You classify the Trump "threat" as being bigger than a political elite that has led voters to be so disaffected that they will take a chance on someone like Trump? I'd be interested to see your documentation and how you arrived at such a conclusion?

Nope it's just my opinion.

Offline flowers

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2015, 08:04:34 pm »

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT OBAMA'S DICTATORSHIP.

He is doing things that he doesn't have the right to do because it requires CONGRESS to change the name.

It is not innocuous.  It is not something for which we should 'move along.'  It is yet another attempt to get rid of what is fundamentally an American principle and to arbitrarily change things that he has NO right to change.

Yes, I'm from Ohio, but this really isn't a small matter about one state's President.

(And it is NOT about Trump, for heaven's sakes).
Not only obamas dictatorship, but all of them. They are taking down a statue of Jefferson some place. They will continue to take out all of whiteys/American history at warp speed until he is out of office.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2015, 08:17:23 pm »

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT OBAMA'S DICTATORSHIP. He is doing things that he doesn't have the right to do because it requires CONGRESS to change the name.

Amen!! This is about Obama pandering to a group  of non-white voters to bring into the Democrat party fold. That, and him just demonstrating that he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and no one - especially not Congress - is going to stop him.

PLEASE, could we not bring Trump into every darn thread on this forum!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:45:16 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2015, 08:30:29 pm »
Amen!! This is about Obama pandering to a group  of non-white voters to bring into the Democrat party fold. That, and him just demonstrating that he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and no one - especially not Congress - is going to stop him.

PLEASE, could we not bring Trump into every darn thread on this forum!

Not just bringing Trump in, but incessant bickering.

Bigger fish to fry.  Obama IS demonstrating that he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and there isn't ONE person out there who's going to try to stop him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 08:48:43 pm »
Not just bringing Trump in, but incessant bickering.

Bigger fish to fry.  Obama IS demonstrating that he can do whatever he damn well pleases, and there isn't ONE person out there who's going to try to stop him.

You're absolutely right that there are big issues. However, it does come back to Trump, like it or not. We gave the Republicans control of Congress, and they put a drunk, and a backroom dealing weasel in charge. They can't even bring themselves to defund the carnage that is Planned Parenthood. Obama is free to do whatever the heck he wants to do because NO ONE will stop him. The Republicans will occasionally demonstrate disapproval while they do nothing. The only one on the political landscape who will address such things, and call out any number of the crazy things we see is Trump.

I'm hoping that Trump will force the kinder, gentler GOP to take a more adversarial stance to the Democrats. I doubt it will happen, but hey, I can dream, can't I? Right now, that kinder, gentler GOP is doing nothing to fan the flames of the Hillary email scandal, while they wet their pants trying to figure out how to stop Trump. As you can see by the establishment types who have made this place their home, Trump is a bigger threat to the GOPe than Hillary.

Offline flowers

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 08:57:17 pm »
You're absolutely right that there are big issues. However, it does come back to Trump, like it or not. We gave the Republicans control of Congress, and they put a drunk, and a backroom dealing weasel in charge. They can't even bring themselves to defund the carnage that is Planned Parenthood. Obama is free to do whatever the heck he wants to do because NO ONE will stop him. The Republicans will occasionally demonstrate disapproval while they do nothing. The only one on the political landscape who will address such things, and call out any number of the crazy things we see is Trump.

I'm hoping that Trump will force the kinder, gentler GOP to take a more adversarial stance to the Democrats. I doubt it will happen, but hey, I can dream, can't I? Right now, that kinder, gentler GOP is doing nothing to fan the flames of the Hillary email scandal, while they wet their pants trying to figure out how to stop Trump. As you can see by the establishment types who have made this place their home, Trump is a bigger threat to the GOPe than Hillary.
spot on.