Author Topic: University ORDERING Employees To Use “Xym” and “Xyr” Instead Of “Him” and “Her”  (Read 579 times)

rangerrebew

University ORDERING Employees To Use “Xym” and “Xyr” Instead Of “Him” and “Her”

Robert Gehl
August 29, 2015

The University of Tennessee is telling its staff to use made-up words instead of proper pronouns when referring to students.

Because a tiny minority of students might not associate with their gender – like him or her – fantasy words are being used as pronouns in their place.

So instead of saying something like “She will bring her books to me,” staff are told to say “Xe will bring xyr books to me.”

It’s not some wackadoo suggestion from some outside LGBT rights group. This is an order from the school’s Office for Diversity and Inclusion.

We should not assume someone’s gender by their appearance, nor by what is listed on a roster or in student information systems. Transgender people and people who do not identity within the gender binary may use a different name than their legal name and pronouns of their gender identity, rather than the pronouns of the sex they were assigned at birth.

It’s not just being accommodating or tolerant, it’s Orwell’s Newspeak: a fictional language created by the government as a tool to change the way people think and communicate. That’s not hyperbole – it’s the literal definition of Newspeak.

They don’t try to justify forcing fantasy words on people. They just tell you to do it and get used to it.

These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are new. Theshe and he pronouns would sound strange too if we had been taught zewhen growing up.

I am all for being accommodating. If a guy wants to be referred to as a “Xym” or whatever, that’s fine. I’ll call you Rumpelstiltskin if you like. But forcing me to call everybody by a fantasy term to accommodate a fraction of a percent? Now you’re going too far. Way too far.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/university-ordering-employees-to-use-xym-and-xyr-instead-of-him-and-her
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:15:52 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ It’s not just being accommodating or tolerant, it’s Orwell’s Newspeak: a fictional language created by the government as a tool to change the way people think and communicate. That’s not hyperbole – it’s the literal definition of Newspeak. ]]

Yesterday I asked the question:
Has anyone read Ayn Rand's "Anthem" ??

I ask it again, and highly recommend this little novella.

It -is not- like Rand's other long tomes. It's short and readable. She completed it during the time she was working on "The Fountainhead".

You might try previewing it here:
http://www.anderson5.net/cms/lib02/SC01001931/Centricity/Domain/222/Anthem%20by%20Ayn%20Rand.pdf

Offline GourmetDan

University ORDERING Employees To Use “Xym” and “Xyr” Instead Of “Him” and “Her”

Doesn't matter what the words or the sounds are... if there is a problem with 'him' and 'her' there will be a problem with 'xym' and 'xyr'.  The concept is the same... unique words for the different genders.

If there really was a problem, the only real solution would be no 'gender-specific' words at all.

Morons...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan