Author Topic: REPORT: The FBI put its 'A-team' on the 'extremely serious' Hillary Clinton email probe  (Read 1459 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-and-hillary-clinton-private-email-2015-8

REPORT: The FBI put its 'A-team' on the 'extremely serious' Hillary Clinton email probe

Natasha Bertrand and Michael B Kelley

The "extremely serious" investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she served as secretary of state is being led by an FBI "A-team," an intelligence source told Fox News.

The source said the investigation is centered around 18 US Code 793, a section of the Espionage Act related to gathering and transmitting national-defense information.

Two emails reportedly found on Clinton's server from 2009 and 2011 contained information regarded as "Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information," one of the highest levels of classification.

The two emails were drawn out of a batch of 40 randomly selected from about 30,000 "work-related" emails that Clinton turned over to the State Department from her time as secretary of state, from 2009 to 2013.

Some of the information — such as communications intercepted via satellite or drone — is protected under the law 18USC798, which means they have tighter rules and higher penalties.

Massimo Calabresi of Time recently noted that the law "makes it a crime not just to knowingly mishandle such secrets, but also to use them 'in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States.'"

As a result, the FBI's investigation has gone "way beyond what the intelligence community's Inspector General ever would do," a senior intelligence official familiar with the case told Time.

Earlier this month the New York Times shed light on the FBI's "unusual" decision to run the investigation out of its headquarters in Washington, DC.

"Nearly all [FBI] investigations are assigned to one of the bureau’s 56 field offices," according to The Times.

"But given this inquiry’s importance, senior FBI officials have opted to keep it closely held in Washington in the agency’s counterintelligence section, which investigates how national security secrets are handled."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-and-hillary-clinton-private-email-2015-8#ixzz3kDrjviiG
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Since this is Obama's FBI 'A-team' what will happen?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"But given this inquiry’s importance, senior FBI officials have opted to keep it closely held in Washington in the agency’s counterintelligence section, which investigates how national security secrets are handled."

Yep! And to make sure that Hillary is found to be as pure as driven snow!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

There's a chance that there are dedicated folks at the FBI.  If Obama tried to interfere it would only make things worse for Hillary and him.

Offline flowers

There's a chance that there are dedicated folks at the FBI.  If Obama tried to interfere it would only make things worse for Hillary and him.
I would like to believe that. Yet it is his FBI anyone who goes off the reservation could be cut off from pensions.

bkepley

I would like to believe that. Yet it is his FBI anyone who goes off the reservation could be cut off from pensions.

Paybacks are hell though and I imagine  nice lawsuit could make up for the pension even if Obama could touch it.  I think the whole thing comes down to 1) is Hillary guilty of a crime? and 2) are these folks willing to go all the way?

Offline flowers

Paybacks are hell though and I imagine  nice lawsuit could make up for the pension even if Obama could touch it.  I think the whole thing comes down to 1) is Hillary guilty of a crime? and 2) are these folks willing to go all the way?
3) Does Obama want her to be the next prez?

Oceander

Cover up, obviously.