Author Topic: LA Mayor Wants Jenner to Carry Olympic Torch  (Read 989 times)

rangerrebew

LA Mayor Wants Jenner to Carry Olympic Torch
« on: August 29, 2015, 12:23:07 pm »

LA Mayor Wants Jenner to Carry Olympic Torch
By Dylan Gwinn | August 28, 2015 | 6:45 PM EDT

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti apparently doesn’t think Bruce Jenner has won enough laurels in his heroic struggle against biology, so the mayor is recommending that Jenner headline an event with a wee bit more visibility than his foundering E! Channel reality series.

According to TMZ:

If L.A. gets the Olympics in 2024, the Mayor says he already has one person in mind for the all-important lighting of the Olympic Cauldron ... Olympic legend Caitlyn Jenner!!!

The lighting of the cauldron is a HUGE honor – with the host country usually selecting someone it feels can proudly embody what the country stands for on a global stage.

Past cauldron lighters have been Muhammad Ali, Wayne Gretzky and countless inspiring athletes from all over the world.

So, with the City of Los Angeles battling to get the 2024 games, Mayor Eric Garcetti told TMZ Sports the first person to come to mind for the honor is Caitlyn.

Now, all Garcetti has to do is beat out Paris, Rome and Hamburg for the 2024 bid – and then Caitlyn should start to clear out her schedule.

It’s a good thing the Olympics are nine years away, since Jenner’s schedule in the near future could become complicated if charged with manslaughter for his part in the traffic accident that caused the death of a California woman. The prosecutor’s office is currently debating whether or not to do that.

On the other hand, in 2024, Jenner will be 74. Will he be in any shape to run up the steps to the cauldron? Will his knees hold out until then? For that matter, will he still be a she? And, if not, does the mayor’s endorsement still stand?

So many questions, so little ... interest.

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/dylan-gwinn/2015/08/28/la-mayor-wants-jenner-carry-olympic-torch

Offline PzLdr

Re: LA Mayor Wants Jenner to Carry Olympic Torch
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 03:04:31 pm »
Will it fit in his purse?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

bkepley

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 03:22:02 pm »
People are so f'd up these days.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »
Well, since Mr. Jenner did this all for publicity, he's certainly getting what he wanted, isn't he??    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 03:41:44 pm »
I wish people would get the name right. It is Kardashian now based on what he/she/it is on the inside and identifies with.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 05:23:58 pm »
I was hoping this was a joke.   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 06:19:34 pm »
I was hoping this was a joke.   **nononono*

Don't you know, flowers?  Bruce Jenner is the most courageous man on the face of the earth.     :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 06:25:04 pm »
Don't you know, flowers?  Bruce Jenner is the most courageous man on the face of the earth.     :shrug:
Which goes to prove we are living in  bizarro  land.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »
Which goes to prove we are living in  bizarro  land.

The Twilight Zone.

Even 5 years ago, I never dreamed our culture would disintegrate this quickly.  The left has been working on this filth for decades, but it just seems like we've gone down so fast that it's hard to even believe this is the same country it was a few years back.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 08:21:15 pm »
I think it would be neat if ze does the last lap and the stairs in 6 inch heels.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 09:41:31 pm »
I think it would be neat if ze does the last lap and the stairs in 6 inch heels.

hehe...............

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 04:59:50 pm »
Caitlyn never participated so she would have to put her male hardware on to make it legit.   She has had her male hardware removed, hasn't he? :silly:

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 06:27:33 pm »
Caitlyn never participated so she would have to put her male hardware on to make it legit.   She has had her male hardware removed, hasn't he? :silly:
No he still has his hardware.

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 08:45:14 pm »
No he still has his hardware.

I'll bet he REALLY likes going out with the girls; without Kris. :whistle:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:45:54 pm by rangerrebew »