Author Topic: What Six Years of ‘Reset’ with Russia Have Wrought.... By Charles Krauthammer  (Read 708 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/423191/print

What Six Years of ‘Reset’ with Russia Have Wrought
By Charles Krauthammer — August 27, 2015

On September 5, 2014, Russian agents crossed into Estonia and kidnapped an Estonian security official. Last week, after a closed trial, Russia sentenced him to 15 years.

The reaction? The State Department issued a statement. The NATO secretary-general issued a tweet. Neither did anything. The European Union (reports the Wall Street Journal) said it was too early to discuss any possible action.

The timing of this brazen violation of NATO territory — two days after President Obama visited Estonia to symbolize America’s commitment to its security — is testimony to Vladimir Putin’s contempt for the American president. He knows Obama will do nothing. Why should he think otherwise?

Putin breaks the arms embargo to Iran by lifting the hold on selling it S-300 missiles. Obama responds by excusing him, saying it wasn’t technically illegal and adding, with a tip of the hat to Putin’s patience: “I’m frankly surprised that it held this long.”

Russia mousetraps Obama at the eleventh hour of the Iran negotiations, joining Iran in demanding that the conventional-weapons and ballistic-missile embargos be dropped. Obama caves.

Putin invades Ukraine, annexes Crimea, breaks two Minsk cease-fire agreements, and erases the Russia–Ukraine border. Obama’s response? Pinprick sanctions, empty threats, and a continuing refusal to supply Ukraine with defensive weaponry, lest he provoke Putin.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

"Putin is deciding how to best exploit the final 17 months of his Obama bonanza."
And not just Putin, but terrorists, china and Iran.... I hope we can hold out until BO leaves.

Offline aligncare

"Putin is deciding how to best exploit the final 17 months of his Obama bonanza."
And not just Putin, but terrorists, china and Iran.... I hope we can hold out until BO leaves.

I figure since I have a pen and a magic marker I'm going to make excellent use of them by blacking out teeth and x-ing out Obama's photo from every news magazine and encyclopedia I own.

I'm going to be good to myself once he's gone.

Offline EdinVA

I figure since I have a pen and a magic marker I'm going to make excellent use of them by blacking out teeth and x-ing out Obama's photo from every news magazine and encyclopedia I own.

I'm going to be good to myself once he's gone.

We need an app for the web to do the same thing for the internet.... :)

Godzilla

Did the 'reset' cause this... or would Putin have acted just the same if we hadn't done a thing?

I think he'd have done the same.  Putin is like a leopard, he can't change his spots.

Offline EdinVA

Did the 'reset' cause this... or would Putin have acted just the same if we hadn't done a thing?

I think he'd have done the same.  Putin is like a leopard, he can't change his spots.

A leopard will only attack if they are sure they can win and if they are hungry, Putin is both.

Offline aligncare

Putin's Russia is not afraid to act threateningly on the international stage. Such was not the case prior to Obama, the human wrecking ball.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Putin's Russia is not afraid to act threateningly on the international stage. Such was not the case prior to Obama, the human wrecking ball.

Bears repeating!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Godzilla

Did you forget Russia's intervention into Georgia?  It was a dress rehearsal for their actions in the Ukraine.