Author Topic: John Kasich Is The Liberal Media’s Darling  (Read 443 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Kasich Is The Liberal Media’s Darling
« on: August 15, 2015, 01:01:45 am »
http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/14/john-kasich-is-the-liberal-medias-darling/

John Kasich Is The Liberal Media’s Darling
Governor Kasich gained favor among Republicans after the first debate, but his record on gay marriage should give conservatives some serious pause.

By Dennis Saffran
August 14, 2015

Ohio Governor John Kasich has become the darling of the liberal media for his “touching response” to a question about same-­sex marriage (as well as his “stirring defense” of accepting Obamacare Medicaid expansion money) in the debate last week. A Google search for “Kasich gay marriage” yields over 10,000 largely fawning articles, such as this piece by Slate’s LGBTQ editor extolling his “gracious and humane view.”

Asked by Megyn Kelly, “if you had a son or daughter who was gay or lesbian, how would you explain to them your opposition to same-­sex marriage?” Kasich replied:

Well, look, I’m an old­ fashioned person here, and I happen to believe in traditional marriage. But I’ve also said the court has ruled … and I said we’ll accept it. And guess what, I just went to a wedding of a friend of mine who happens to be gay. Because somebody doesn’t think the way I do, doesn’t mean that I can’t care about them or can’t love them. So if one of my daughters happened to be that, of course I would love them and I would accept them. Because you know what? That’s what we’re taught when we have strong faith.

So the issues like that … are planted to divide us. I think the simple fact of the matter is … we need to give everybody a chance, treat everybody with respect, and let them share in this great American dream that we have, Megan. So, look, I’m going to love my daughters, I’m going to love them no matter what they do. Because, you know what, God gives me unconditional love. I’m going to give it to my family and my friends and the people around me.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

Re: John Kasich Is The Liberal Media’s Darling
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 01:09:11 am »
Adam Smith was and is the real deal as much as you want to pretend to be serious.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:14:11 am »
John Kasich is about as far to the left as one can be and still call himself a republican.

I won't be voting for him in any primary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 01:16:40 am »
John Kasich is about as far to the left as one can be and still call himself a republican.

DITTO
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 01:19:26 am »

I doubt he is left of Trump.  In fact I doubt that Trump knows or cares about left or right.  I do.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 01:41:33 am »
I doubt he is left of Trump.  In fact I doubt that Trump knows or cares about left or right.  I do.

Why does he have to be dragged into every conversation on this site?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 02:08:23 am »
“if you had a son or daughter who was gay or lesbian, how would you explain to them your opposition to same-­sex marriage?”
My answer:
"If I engaged in a same-sex marriage instead of a traditional one, you would not exist. I spent far too many years looking for a woman to marry me, far too many broken hearts and frustrating rejections, to have my own flesh and blood, the fruit and end result of all of that, decide that (s)he'd rather pursue 'marriage' with another person of the same sex. I mean, did I have you for nothing?!"

That may not be the case with Mr. Kasich, but it's certainly what I would say.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:08:58 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024