Author Topic: How does Scott Walker regain his momentum? Does he need to now?  (Read 592 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/08/how-does-scott-walker-regain-his-momentum-does-he-need-to-now/

How does Scott Walker regain his momentum? Does he need to now?

Posted by William A. Jacobson      Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 8:46pm

Fighting and winning was working.

Scott Walker was at or near the top of just about all polling until the Fox News debate.

Now he’s dropped in the rankings as Donald Trump has maintained his margin in most polls, though there’s some evidence of weakening. Walker is now second or third in Iowa, where he consistently led, and is back in the middle of the pack nationally.

Nate Silver notes:

Scott Walker: This one surprised me a little, but the polling is clear. Walker is the only candidate who lost ground in every single post-debate poll. In Iowa, where Walker had been leading, just 5 percent of voters said his performance was the most impressive of all the candidates. Walker’s debate night was bad enough that he has lost his edge in Iowa to Trump.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: How does Scott Walker regain his momentum? Does he need to now?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 03:17:41 pm »
Walker and Perry have the same problem, no fire.
I think people want fire and determination and a willingness to stand up and fight the status quo.
I know, he fought union and won but that was a procedural/legal thing not a knuckle dragging brawl and I just don't see it in Walker.

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 03:32:36 pm »
I think people want fire and determination and a willingness to stand up and fight the status quo.
I know, he fought union and won but that was a procedural/legal thing not a knuckle dragging brawl and I just don't see it in Walker.

Agreed. People are sick of Washington D.C., that includes Democrats and Republicans. Bernie Sanders is the Democrat anti-establishment candidate, just as Trump is the Republican anti-establishment candidate.

In the end, the big money will win, and we'll be presented with a match of Hillary vs. Bush.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 04:05:33 pm »

I agree.  Walker and Perry are the two best qualified people running and they have a strong record of achievement to back it up.  It is an indictment on conventional politics that has people so willing to get behind someone that is not entrenched in people's perception of the "establishment".

Any other time, these guys would be on top.  But a hell of a lot of people are sick to their craws of politicians - they've been complaining about it for years and pushed aside, ignored and outright insulted about it.  It might be the day of reckoning - although my gut tells me that in the end, the establishment will prevail and we'll end up with a squishy moderate again...that will lose again.

People like to blame the voters for not putting someone in office that agrees with them - but for God's sake - people like Ted Cruz have been trying their damnedest, only to get their heads shot at by the likes of McCain and McConnell - the McCorrupt.  It takes a person of heroic character to keep bouncing back after what they have tried to do to him.  There are others too - but not enough yet, they are definitely swimming against the tide.

I do appreciate that Trump is sticking it in their eyes, but he is a loose cannon and I still do not trust him that much.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:42:48 pm »
I agree.  Walker and Perry are the two best qualified people running and they have a strong record of achievement to back it up.  It is an indictment on conventional politics that has people so willing to get behind someone that is not entrenched in people's perception of the "establishment".

Any other time, these guys would be on top.  But a hell of a lot of people are sick to their craws of politicians - they've been complaining about it for years and pushed aside, ignored and outright insulted about it.  It might be the day of reckoning - although my gut tells me that in the end, the establishment will prevail and we'll end up with a squishy moderate again...that will lose again.

People like to blame the voters for not putting someone in office that agrees with them - but for God's sake - people like Ted Cruz have been trying their damnedest, only to get their heads shot at by the likes of McCain and McConnell - the McCorrupt.  It takes a person of heroic character to keep bouncing back after what they have tried to do to him.  There are others too - but not enough yet, they are definitely swimming against the tide.

I do appreciate that Trump is sticking it in their eyes, but he is a loose cannon and I still do not trust him that much.

No kidding. Guys like Walker, Perry, Jindal, even Christie and Jeb, have actually DONE things in the policy and executive arena as Governors, while other in the legislative. They have real political achievements. Voters though keep focusing on the guy randomly firing the .50 cal Ma Deuce in random directions. They're all distracted with hte show, but no one's looking at the go.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:45:36 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 11:25:03 pm »
Walker's in a good position. It is the exact same position Rick Santorum was in in 2012, and Walker certainly is a more palatable candidate. Let the riff-raff sort itself out, lay a little bit low, then come on strong when it counts.

Remember, he has won blue Wisconsin three times in the past four years. He knows what he's doing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 02:24:25 am »
Relic wrote above:
[[ In the end, the big money will win, and we'll be presented with a match of Hillary vs. Bush. ]]

Somehow, something is different this year.
Something is in the wind.
Certainly for the democrats.

It's like 1968 all over again.

We have Hillary playing the role of Lyndon Johnson.
We've got Bernie playing Gene McCarthy.
And finally we have Joe filling in for Hubert Humphrey.

How did all that turn out?

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 02:42:52 am »
Relic wrote above:
[[ In the end, the big money will win, and we'll be presented with a match of Hillary vs. Bush. ]]

Somehow, something is different this year.
Something is in the wind.
Certainly for the democrats.

It's like 1968 all over again.

We have Hillary playing the role of Lyndon Johnson.
We've got Bernie playing Gene McCarthy.
And finally we have Joe filling in for Hubert Humphrey.

How did all that turn out?

It will be interesting to watch this all play out.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 04:14:39 am »

Voters want "Shock Jock" entertainment from their politicians. Zingy one-liners, sound bites, putdowns like Trump uses.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln