Author Topic: New Poll: Trump Leads Bush by 2-to-1 Margin  (Read 2563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Poll: Trump Leads Bush by 2-to-1 Margin
« on: August 03, 2015, 06:32:50 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=665160

Newsmax
New Poll: Trump Leads Bush by 2-to-1 Margin
Monday, August 3, 2015 12:01 PM

By: Newsmax Wires

Donald Trump is now leading his nearest rival by a 2-1 margin among GOP voters, according to a new poll.

The Monmouth University poll of Republican voters found that Trump leads former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush 26 percent to 12 percent, respectively.

The poll, released Monday, also found:

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is in third place with 11 percent support;
    Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee are tied for fourth place with 6 percent;
    Retired pediatric neurosurgeon Ben Carson is at 5 percent;
    New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio are at 4 percent;
    Ohio Gov. John Kasich is at 3 percent;
    Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry get 2 percent;
    Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Gov. George Pataki and former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore each get 1 percent or less.

Roughly 10 percent of GOP voters are undecided, the poll found.

Trump's support has increased by 13 points since the last poll taken by Monmouth University, released three weeks ago. Walker's support has increased by just 4 points and Bush's has decreased by 3 points.

The support shown for Trump cuts across nearly every demographic group:

Ideology: Trump is in the lead among very conservative voters (27 percent compared to 16 percent for Walker), somewhat conservative voters (22 percent compared to 14 percent for Bush), and moderate to liberal Republicans (28 percent compared to 20 percent for Bush).

Tea Party: Trump has a double-digit lead among tea party supporters, with 35 percent compared to 15 percent for Walker and 11 percent for Cruz. Non-tea party supporters also prefer Trump, albeit by a narrower margin (20 percent compared to 16 percent for Bush).

Age: Trump leads with both over 50s and under 50s. He has 26 percent support among voters age 50 and older compared to 15 percent for Bush and 12 percent for Walker. For those under 50 years old, Trump has 26 percent support compared to 10 percent for Walker and 9 percent for Bush.

Gender: Trump is in the lead with both male and female Republicans. He leads among men with 32 percent support compared to 13 percent for Bush and 11 percent for Walker. Among women, he has 20 percent support compared to 12 percent for Walker and 11 percent for Bush.

"Republican support for Donald Trump just continues to grow with no clear sense of who his constituency really is," Patrick Murray, director of Monmouth University Poll Institute, said in a statement. "This makes it very difficult for his opponents to figure out how to take him on in the upcoming debate."

Trump has also seen an improvement in his favorability ratings, which currently stand at 52 percent favorable compared to 35 percent unfavorable. Three weeks ago, it was 40 percent favorable compared to 41 percent unfavorable.

And before his announcement in June, Monmouth pointed out that his standings here were "significantly negative," with a 20 percent favorability rating compared to 55 percent unfavorable.

The poll also canvassed people's views on the structure of the first debate, which will be hosted by Fox News on Thursday and include only the top 10 candidates according to a national polling average.

Just 23 percent of voters favor the existing "top 10" debate structure. Nearly half of voters (45 percent) prefer a debate structure that would see back-to-back debates and include all candidates with the field randomly split in half. Another 29 percent believe it would be best to put all 17 candidates on stage, the poll found.

These results were taken from Monmouth University poll conducted July 30-Aug. 2 of 1,203 adults, of which 423 identified as Republican or Republican-leaning voters. That sample has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.8 percent.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: New Poll: Trump Leads Bush by 2-to-1 Margin
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:07:38 pm »
I did not mean to offend you.....that was just a bonus. Lets hear it from the TRUMP haters.  888ohnoes

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 01:49:22 am »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:11 am »
So he leads among all ideologies and demographics.

That's not the sign of a solid campaign. That's the sign of an incredibly stupid electorate who has fallen for a guy notorious for his ability to suck all the air out of a room, as he's doing again.

The fact is that candidates will generally appeal to certain demographics and ideologies more than others. Yet the polls clearly show Trump not only the first choice of conservative and Tea Party Republicans, but of liberal Rockefeller ones as well. It's pretty clear that those being polled don't know, or care, what Trump actually stands for.

You know, the Republicans were having hard enough of a time trying to coalesce behind one best candidate before he started this nonsense, and he's only making it worse. He is NOT the right man for the job and never will be. So why is he wasting our time?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 02:11:01 pm »
jmyrle wrote above:
[[ So he leads among all ideologies and demographics...That's not the sign of a solid campaign.]]

C'mon, jmyrle, what candidate for office wouldn't want to poll like that -- have the lead with EVERYBODY?

What campaign manager doesn't have dreams about such an eventuality?

Be real, please.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 11:10:28 pm »

You know, the Republicans were having hard enough of a time trying to coalesce behind one best candidate before he started this nonsense, and he's only making it worse. He is NOT the right man for the job and never will be. So why is he wasting our time? 

I think we're overlooking this possibility:  Republicans suspect (deeply) that another Bush has been chosen as our standard bearer.  And we're not liking it.

Remove Jeb from the equation and watch what happens.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 11:19:41 pm »
I think we're overlooking this possibility:  Republicans suspect (deeply) that another Bush has been chosen as our standard bearer.  And we're not liking it.

Interesting thought.  You may be on to something.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 11:21:56 pm »

Very interesting point. Hmm...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 12:07:41 am »

If Jeb removed himself, and it was still early enough, then I think Romney would step in and there would be a battle of the Titans.  If it was not early enough, then I think the Trump opposition would likely coalesce around Walker.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 12:12:17 am »
Very interesting point. Hmm...

All of Trump's opponents are politicians. In today's climate, he can't lose and that is why he is walking away with it. When Trump gave away LG phone number the ohh, the indignity of it. How horrifying. When someone gives trumps number out, he turns it into a marketing coup and says thank you. The guy may not be a polished pol but he is smart and entertaining and people are liking it. If he keeps it up the psychology of wanting to go with the winner is going to kick in in the polls.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 12:20:50 am »
All of Trump's opponents are politicians. In today's climate, he can't lose and that is why he is walking away with it. When Trump gave away LG phone number the ohh, the indignity of it. How horrifying. When someone gives trumps number out, he turns it into a marketing coup and says thank you. The guy may not be a polished pol but he is smart and entertaining and people are liking it. If he keeps it up the psychology of wanting to go with the winner is going to kick in in the polls.

All but Carson.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 12:22:31 am »
I did not mean to offend you.....that was just a bonus. Lets hear it from the TRUMP haters. 

To whom do you refer?  Anyone on this board?  Or just straw men?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 12:24:11 am »
To whom do you refer?  Anyone on this board?  Or just straw men?

It's a leftists thing.

If you disagree or oppose something, you hate it and you're a hater.

You know... oppose abortions on demand = you hate women.

That kind of thing.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 12:39:41 am »
It's a leftists thing.

If you disagree or oppose something, you hate it and you're a hater.

You know... oppose abortions on demand = you hate women.

That kind of thing.

That's exactly what I was thinking........