Author Topic: Rand Paul: I’m the Only GOP Candidate Who Doesn’t Want to ‘Blow Up the World’  (Read 8740 times)

Offline musiclady

If they were here on our soil with an actual army we would decimate them. Do you think our military and police would just throw their guns down and let the terrorists kill them? Do you think gun owners would quietly become obedient to Islam? Your fear is irrational and people are losing their lives because of it.

If you knew anything about Islamic history, you would know that there is nothing in the least 'irrational' about understanding the threat of Islam to free countries.

I am reading the book "The Death of the Grown-up" (it's been around for a while, but I'm just getting around to reading it). and am in the last chapters dealing with the threat of Islam to the not-grown-up West.  Here's a quote....

Regarding members of a post-PC generation, who don't realize the threat of Islam and its incompatibility with the secular....

"Far from realpolitik, this is dreampolitik."

The threat of Islam is very real, Dex.  Your 'dreampolitik' views notwithstanding, their dreams of a Caliphate are not the musings of the irrational, but a very real danger.

And as flowers as posted above....... they are already making strides in making Sharia in this country, a reality.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
DUH!!!  May I please ask you to tell us your age?   

That's what war is, Dexter.  Breaking things and killing people.  Lots of things and lots of people.

We're not talking about a pride of Cecils.   We're talking about humans and societies that want to destroy OUR way of life and kill us.

Just because we don't believe in their bullshit insane religious views...which they want to impose on everyone.

You bleeding heart, you.    :chairbang:

Killing more innocent people would not accomplish anything. It would most likely make the situation even worse.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:43:15 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

You and others here claim to live by his teachings.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that you, who don't believe in Him, have revealed that you don't know anything about His character, or His teachings.

Best stay away from the mockery, Dex.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Dexter

they are already making strides in making Sharia in this country, a reality.

They are going to be disappointed.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

Killing more innocent people would not accomplish anything. It would most likely make the situation even worse.

Post-adult American gibberish......

Offline musiclady

They are going to be disappointed.

Not at the pace they are succeeding now.

Especially when they know that a significant number of Americans are blinded by PC to the threat.

Offline Dexter

Which has nothing to do with the fact that you, who don't believe in Him, have revealed that you don't know anything about His character, or His teachings.

Best stay away from the mockery, Dex.....

You're telling me Jesus condoned violence? I'm not trying to mock you. From where I'm standing your approach to the Middle East seems at odds with the principles you supposedly live your life by.
-Socrates

bkepley

Sometimes you have no choice and it's better to get started fighting sooner rather than later.

Offline Dexter

Sometimes you have no choice and it's better to get started fighting sooner rather than later.

The choice you'd make would not help the outcome you want.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:52:26 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

You're telling me Jesus condoned violence? I'm not trying to mock you. From where I'm standing your approach to the Middle East seems at odds with the principles you supposedly live your life by.

I'm just going to repeat to you that it would be best to find out what Jesus really taught.

This is not the proper thread for your mocking Christians, or Christianity.  (Not that there is one).

bkepley

The choice you'd make would not help the outcome you want.

Sorry dude you just don't know that.

Offline musiclady

I'm going to help you out here by pointing out that Jesus is part of the God-head, and what God did to the enemies of Israel in the Old Testament is what "Jesus would do."  In addition, He said He is coming back with a sword, triumphant over evil.

Jesus has already told us what He would do with the crucifiers of Christian children.

Offline Dexter

I'm going to help you out here by pointing out that Jesus is part of the God-head, and what God did to the enemies of Israel in the Old Testament is what "Jesus would do."  In addition, He said He is coming back with a sword, triumphant over evil.

Jesus has already told us what He would do with the crucifiers of Christian children.

I didn't realize you are a follower of the old testament. I must admit that I am confused by some of God's seemingly contradictory actions and statements.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:58:46 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote above:
[[ I'm sure even the Islamo-crazies understand American might. But what they haven't seen demonstrated lately is American resolve. ]]

America still has some "might" left, but it is physically in decline.

What is completely "in decline" is the "resolve" to USE that "might".

It doesn't matter if we have 900 nuclear warheads, vis-a-vis perhaps two or three for the Iranians.

If the Iranians are willing to USE what they have available, when we are not, who is "the mightier"?

Offline Dexter

aligncare wrote above:
[[ I'm sure even the Islamo-crazies understand American might. But what they haven't seen demonstrated lately is American resolve. ]]

America still has some "might" left, but it is physically in decline.

What is completely "in decline" is the "resolve" to USE that "might".

It doesn't matter if we have 900 nuclear warheads, vis-a-vis perhaps two or three for the Iranians.

If the Iranians are willing to USE what they have available, when we are not, who is "the mightier"?

If Iran dropped a nuke their government would cease to exist within a month.
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Did you ever read about Jesus' visit to the Temple in Jerusalem?

He went total Chuck Norris on the merchants and moneychangers.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

I didn't realize you are a follower of the old testament. I must admit that I am confused by some of God's seemingly contradictory actions and statements.

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, and as such, a follower of His entire word....... both Old and New Testaments.

They are not separate entities, just the Old and New Covenant from the same Godhead, of whom Jesus is a part.

Offline Dexter

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, and as such, a follower of His entire word....... both Old and New Testaments.

They are not separate entities, just the Old and New Covenant from the same Godhead, of whom Jesus is a part.

Did Jesus not also claim to be against violence?
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

No.

The peace He came to bring was spiritual.  While he talked about submission to authority, interpreting His entire ministry as non-violent is to miss the entirety of who He is.

And, as mentioned before, He said He is coming back with a sword to deal finally with the evil in the world.

He is one with the Father, and the Father is a Righteous, Holy and Just God who will win out over the Enemy........and not peacefully either.

Edited to add:  There are obviously Christians who take a non-violent stand, based, I believe on Jesus' teaching to "turn the other cheek."  They are in the minority, but it is a valid position to take personally, but IMO, doesn't factor in the entire Person of Jesus Christ as part of the Trinity, and who will lead in the final battle against the Evil One.  IOW, it's wrong to slug your neighbor, but not to defeat evil on the battlefield.

Enough theology.......... back to the discussion at hand!   ^-^
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:08:49 pm by musiclady »

Offline EdinVA

Did you ever read about Jesus' visit to the Temple in Jerusalem?

He went total Chuck Norris on the merchants and moneychangers.

Come on DC, Chuck's not that old.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

You don't know how lucky you are that Churchill was a warrior in a hopeless cause and not your idea of a Christian.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The problem with the Middle East is that the same powers claiming to want ISIS gone are funding ISIS through back channels.  That is how business is done in the Middle East.  Wars are just one more method of fluid negotiation, not a means to bring an end to conflict, which is why this same basic war has been ongoing for thousands of years.

We are being played for suckers.  Rand Paul is the only Republican in the field who seems to recognize this fundamental truth.  I think he needs to articulate how we can do more to instill in Middle Easterners a better understanding of the term "Don't Tread on Me," but his fundamental default choice of non-interventionism is not wrong IMHO.

Well, well said. 

Online Fishrrman

Dexter wrote above:
[[ "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." ]]

Very nice quote, Dexter. So noble of you to post that.

But the fact is that the other side will use ANY and ALL "means" to achieve their victory.

If we are not willing to fight with every tool at our disposal, we will lose.

In an existential struggle for one's own throat, one uses whatever "means" are available.

There is no alternative, if we wish to survive.

Online Fishrrman

bkepley wrote above:
[[ I agree with that as far as limited warfare goes, it's pointless.  We should have, though, declared war the right way after 911 ]]

Simple question:
Upon whom would you have "declared war"?