Author Topic: Heritage Action CEO: Conservatives 'sick' of the GOP  (Read 2648 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Heritage Action CEO: Conservatives 'sick' of the GOP
« on: August 02, 2015, 02:31:07 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/250027-heritage-action-ceo-conservatives-sick-of-the-gop

August 02, 2015, 10:06 am
Heritage Action CEO: Conservatives 'sick' of the GOP

By Mark Hensch

The chief executive of the Heritage Action for America super-PAC said on Sunday that conservative voters are weary of the Republican political establishment.

Michael Needham argued that the GOP is alienating its base by ignoring its concerns.

“Most Republican voters hate their party, and that’s what needs to be addressed,” Needham told host Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”

“People are sick of this,” he said of the political process. “It’s a game.”

Needham charged that GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump is gaining traction with Americans because he is a political outsider.

Trump’s freedom from Republican leadership, he added, is winning him potential voters.

“Donald Trump is a symptom of a party who has decided they will govern based on special interests,” Needham said.

“The reason Donald Trump is getting enthusiasm is that he’s hitting the right people,” he said of establishment Republicans.

“If you can identify the crux of cronyism in Washington, D.C., that’s how you start building trust,” Needham added.

Needham’s comments come as Republicans consider one of the largest presidential fields in recent memory.

The Heritage Action for America CEO said on Sunday that the party’s eventual nominee is the contender who best represents true conservatives.

“There’s going to be a candidate who says it’s time for us to change,” Needham said.

“That candidate is going to be someone who unites traditional Republicans, the Tea Party, independents and even former Democrats,” he said.

“This isn’t going to be the same drill we’ve seen all over again,” Needham added of the 2016 race.

Trump is currently leading the race for the GOP’s presidential nomination in national polls.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Heritage Action CEO: Conservatives 'sick' of the GOP
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 03:46:08 pm »
This guy nailed it. Good article. TRUMP is already running 3rd party and the RINOGOP, LIBS, DEMS, Media, Pundits and Donars know it. What is freaking them out is he is WINNING and they cannot handle it because weather he has a R after his name means nothing. Their safe Big  ONE PARTY Stytem is falling around them and no one can pick it up so they will have to make a choice. He NEEDS none of them and he cannot be bought and that is how they play the game. That is also why you had Dole, McCain, Mittens as candidates and they did what the RINOGOP does best LOSE and CAVE. Goooooo TRUMP and CRUZ. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:48:25 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 04:11:34 pm »
This guy nailed it. Good article. TRUMP is already running 3rd party and the RINOGOP, LIBS, DEMS, Media, Pundits and Donars know it. What is freaking them out is he is WINNING and they cannot handle it because weather he has a R after his name means nothing. Their safe Big  ONE PARTY Stytem is falling around them and no one can pick it up so they will have to make a choice. He NEEDS none of them and he cannot be bought and that is how they play the game. That is also why you had Dole, McCain, Mittens as candidates and they did what the RINOGOP does best LOSE and CAVE. Goooooo TRUMP and CRUZ. :facepalm:

Yeppers.   :beer:  Not a huge Trump fan, but anything to rile the GOPe to make them realize that they are in trouble hopefully will help them to get their crap together (not holding my breath).  I don't see Cruz caving either.  The first debate is August 6 and polling afterwards should prove interesting.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:29 pm »
Yeppers.   :beer:  Not a huge Trump fan, but anything to rile the GOPe to make them realize that they are in trouble hopefully will help them to get their crap together (not holding my breath).  I don't see Cruz caving either.  The first debate is August 6 and polling afterwards should prove interesting.

Nothing at all wrong with Ted Cruz. Cruz/ trump will work fine. Just no more RINOS.

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 11:31:48 pm »
Nothing at all wrong with Ted Cruz. Cruz/ trump will work fine. Just no more RINOS.

Cruz/Trump or Trump/Cruz and don't you RINOGOP try anything else or you know what ??????

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 11:32:41 pm »
Common sense tells you that if you see the train coming, get off the tracks.
The GOPe simply refuses to acknowledge they have the wrong message and insist on slamming those that want change.
I guess time will tell.
Look forward to the debate... Just hope Trump does not step on himself... :)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 11:53:49 pm »
Donald Trump would NEVER accept 2nd slot on the GOP ticket.  Even if it was Christ, Himself, as the Nominee.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 11:59:49 pm »
Donald Trump would NEVER accept 2nd slot on the GOP ticket.  Even if it was Christ, Himself, as the Nominee.   :laugh:

You admit that and yet would vote for him?  I am certain that Hillary would have accepted VP if Obama had offered it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 12:13:05 am »
You admit that and yet would vote for him?  I am certain that Hillary would have accepted VP if Obama had offered it.

Of course.  What does a person refusing to be VP on a ticket have to do with his capabilities to turn this country around?

And furthermore, who in the hell cares what Hillary would do, if asked.

Stop trolling, BK.   You suck at it.   You're better than this.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

bkepley

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 12:21:24 am »
Of course.  What does a person refusing to be VP on a ticket have to do with his capabilities to turn this country around?

And furthermore, who in the hell cares what Hillary would do, if asked.

Stop trolling, BK.   You suck at it.   You're better than this.

"Trolling" come on..too obvious.  Who is jerking your chain?  I don't like or trust Trump and I don't think you should either.  You guys are such a programmed bunch.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 01:02:57 am »
You guys are such a programmed bunch.

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:

Get's my vote for the funniest thing said on this forum this year!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:03:46 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 01:09:19 am »
  :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:

Sorry Bigun.  I was only referring to those who woud accuse me of "trolling" because I dare to attack the Magnifcent Mr.Trump.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 01:59:51 am »
Longiron wrote above:
[[ Nothing at all wrong with Ted Cruz. Cruz/ trump will work fine. Just no more RINOS ]]

Actually, I think if Trump asked Scott Walker to serve as his vice president, it would be an extremely wise and savvy choice.

A good move for Trump, and a VERY good move for Walker, as well. He's young enough to wait a while longer.

Cruz should be considered for a Supreme Court pick...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:01:33 am by Fishrrman »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 02:13:51 am »

Yeah...because what I'm seeing around here is a myriad of opinions...from people who aren't afraid to defend their POV.  :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 02:19:32 am »

Sorry Bigun.  I was only referring to those who woud accuse me of "trolling" because I dare to attack the Magnificent Mr.Trump.

I suggested you were trolling for even mentioning Hillary Clinton in the conversation at hand.  Not because you're anti-Trump.

My point is and was that Trump is too big and powerful to accept what is essentially a bullsh*t position as vice-president.

Trump and Hillary are not only NOT in the same league.  They're not even in the same sport.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 02:53:43 am »
Trump would be a good VP for any of the top candidates. He would be the VP on any ticket because he has no political experience at all.

I think if Trump runs and wins it will be as a VP. He has lots of charisma and a ton of money. He would be a good addition to any campaign.

Jesus man, if that idiotic fool Biden can hold the office, then Trump could do it in his sleep. IMO

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 03:00:53 am »
Trump would be a good VP for any of the top candidates. He would be the VP on any ticket because he has no political experience at all.

I think if Trump runs and wins it will be as a VP. He has lots of charisma and a ton of money. He would be a good addition to any campaign.

Jesus man, if that idiotic fool Biden can hold the office, then Trump could do it in his sleep. IMO

Nobody's questioning if Trump could be a suitable VP.  I'm saying it's beneath him.  He'd die of boredom. 

I'll bet you that if anybody asked him tomorrow, he'd wouldn't hesitate to say not only "NO", but "HELL NO!"

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 03:26:34 am »
If Trump is as uncompromising as you describe then he is being irrational. He would be playing an all or nothing all-in game for the presidency with a hand which is not likely to win.

By the way, with respect to the title, I am very sick of the weak and flacid Boehner/McConnell types who have hijacked the Republican party and have steered it hard Left.

I want a team that will shake up the status quo, and clean house. I realize that this is not realistic and is more of a fanciful notion, but I can dream.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 03:42:39 am »
John Nance Garner (twice VP under FDR): The vice presidency is not worth a bucket of warm spit.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 04:42:06 am »
In post WWII era, Truman, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and GHW Bush became Potus after serving as VP.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »
Longiron wrote above:
[[ Nothing at all wrong with Ted Cruz. Cruz/ trump will work fine. Just no more RINOS ]]

Actually, I think if Trump asked Scott Walker to serve as his vice president, it would be an extremely wise and savvy choice.

A good move for Trump, and a VERY good move for Walker, as well. He's young enough to wait a while longer.

Cruz should be considered for a Supreme Court pick...
Trump/Walker, Cruz/Walker and any other combination as long as there are no RINOS in play and 13 of the 17 running are RINOS. Run them and Lose again but that might be the plan,

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 12:22:39 pm »
If Trump is as uncompromising as you describe then he is being irrational. He would be playing an all or nothing all-in game for the presidency with a hand which is not likely to win.

By the way, with respect to the title, I am very sick of the weak and flacid Boehner/McConnell types who have hijacked the Republican party and have steered it hard Left.

I want a team that will shake up the status quo, and clean house. I realize that this is not realistic and is more of a fanciful notion, but I can dream.

...which, imho, is the ONLY reason Donald Trump jumped into the race.  He's tired of inaction. 

He's tired of an opposition party whose strategy seems no different than jumping into bed, under the covers to sweat out a fever/flu, thinking all be normal afterwards.

bkepley

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 12:31:32 pm »
...which, imho, is the ONLY reason Donald Trump jumped into the race.  He's tired of inaction. 

He's tired of an opposition party whose strategy seems no different than jumping into bed, under the covers to sweat out a fever/flu, thinking all be normal afterwards.

Give me a break.  Trump never gave a damn about GOP politics.  Trump is in as a right winger for the same reason he was in as a left winger,  because he is Trump.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 12:51:53 pm »
Give me a break.  Trump never gave a damn about GOP politics.  Trump is in as a right winger for the same reason he was in as a left winger,  because he is Trump.

I was speaking about 'opposition' to the status quo.  Not opposition to a specific political party.

Our system of government requires checks and balances.  There seemingly hasn't been any since 2009.  That's 'job priority #1' for any political party.  The Republicans are failing miserably at it.  Many members of our little forum realize it and have stated thus.

On top of that, the media has been corrupted and protects said status quo.

Along comes an insanely successful entrepreneur worth over $10 Billion dollars, who CLEARLY sees the problem and feels he knows how to fix it.

The only viable way to win is to run as the candidate for the Republican Party.

Be honest for heaven's sake!  There's no damned way Trump would have ever supported what Obama has done to our culture and our economy and our People. 

Getting pissed at Trump for sending checks to Democrats tells me you know absolutely nothing on how to be successful in business and development.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 01:15:50 pm »

Agreed. The Donald ain't running to play second fiddle.