Author Topic: GOP Insiders: Trump Will Be Out Before Iowa  (Read 1271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Insiders: Trump Will Be Out Before Iowa
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:41:22 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/31/gop-insiders-trump-will-be-out-before-iowa/

by Mike Flynn31 Jul 20151,888
A new National Journal survey of “Republican insiders” finds that 57 percent of these political professionals think Donald Trump will bow out of the Presidential race before the Iowa Caucuses. This survey probably says more about the state of the Republican political class than anything about the 2016 race or Republican voters.

Interestingly, 65 percent of “Democrat insiders” believe Trump will compete in the Iowa Caucuses in February next year.

The survey results could easily be dismissed as both groups answering what they hope will happen. Some Republican campaign professionals offered comments beyond the question:

“No meteor or political candidate burns that brightly and survives very long.”

“Unscripted, he will crash and burn by Thanksgiving.”

“Flavor of the month.”

“Campaign will probably die of a self-inflicted wound.”

The easiest political prediction to make is that the Trump campaign will implode after some impolitic remark. To date, though, that hasn’t been the case, despite a full-throttled assault by the media and DC’s political class.

Trump currently leads all national polling in the race. His lead has apparently increased even after he made off-the-cuff remarks criticizing Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)’s war record. That he has gained support after those remarks should be a sobering wake-up call to the political class.

Peggy Noonan, the Republican establishment’s Greek chorus, has woken up to the realization that the Trump phenomenon — and it is exactly that — is real. She understands something the political class doesn’t:

His rise is not due to his supporters’ anger at government. It is a gesture of contempt for government, for the men and women in Congress, the White House, the agencies.

There are myriad reasons why Trump won’t win the nomination. There are also myriad more reasons why candidates don’t drop out before the Iowa Caucus. The fact that almost 60 percent of professional Republican consultants think that is likely in Trump’s case is more wishful thinking than hard analysis.

True, the national polling this summer is of little consequence to the actual race once voting starts. That said, Trump is polling very strongly in Iowa and New Hampshire, the first states to vote early next year.

Further, it is hard to imagine any new information coming to light that will blunt Trump’s raw appeal to a significant section of Republican voters. Trump has lived his life in the public eye for decades. His bombastic, off-the-cuff, outrageous demeanor is already baked into the cake.

Voters know all of this about him and a large number of them don’t particularly like him, but they like less the thin intellectual gruel that has been served up by the political class for the last several years.

This is the real threat of the Trump campaign. As Noonan observes:

American political establishment, take note: In the past 20 years you have turned America into a nation a third of whose people would make Donald Trump their president. Look on your wonders and despair.

National Journal helpfully lists the political “insiders” included in its survey. It allows us to look on the roll call of the political class and despair.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: GOP Insiders: Trump Will Be Out Before Iowa
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:42:38 pm »
Bull feathers.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:21:06 am »
whistling in the dark

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 01:49:47 pm »
His performance in the first three or four debates will be a strong indicator of where his campaign is going. The downfall of Herman Cain, Santorum, Gore, Perry, among others, could be the undoing of Trump.  Or he could have a Dukakis moment in the spotlight by something he says or does. All of them are vulnerable to that. If he is still at or near the top of the pack by December, then he's in it for the long run.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 01:56:47 pm »
His performance in the first three or four debates will be a strong indicator of where his campaign is going. The downfall of Herman Cain, Santorum, Gore, Perry, among others, could be the undoing of Trump.  Or he could have a Dukakis moment in the spotlight by something he says or does. All of them are vulnerable to that. If he is still at or near the top of the pack by December, then he's in it for the long run.

I don't know.  Trump is unique in that he can say the dumbest thing and his 20% will still worship him.  I think he'll be in the lead until the field is narrowed down to four or five candidates. 

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 02:04:04 pm »
Crack must be the new Party favor...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 02:24:56 pm »
I don't know.  Trump is unique in that he can say the dumbest thing and his 20% will still worship him.  I think he'll be in the lead until the field is narrowed down to four or five candidates.

Unfortunately I predict more than 20%. We are at the point where many have started projecting on him their beliefs and ignoring if he is real. He has become the Right's Santa Claus, like how a certain someone became that for the left almost 8 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:49:36 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »

And that could be true. Like the un-budging Ron Paul supporters of past elections, we are seeing the same phenomena this time but, far far worse. Ron Paul did not have Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, among other people of influence helping him.   That's what worries me the most. I have always admired Palin, but when I see a Facebook post from her, giving her endorsement of Trump, I want to wake up from this bad dream. 
Same goes with this forum I suppose. During the 2012 election members here stood by their favorite candidate until they dropped out - but it was pretty much spread out among the field of candidates. This time, you are a Trump supporter or you are not. You are in or you are out.  Nobody wants to hear or read what other candidates are doing.   It's All About That Trump
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »
And that could be true. Like the un-budging Ron Paul supporters of past elections, we are seeing the same phenomena this time but, far far worse. Ron Paul did not have Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, among other people of influence helping him.   That's what worries me the most. I have always admired Palin, but when I see a Facebook post from her, giving her endorsement of Trump, I want to wake up from this bad dream. 
Same goes with this forum I suppose. During the 2012 election members here stood by their favorite candidate until they dropped out - but it was pretty much spread out among the field of candidates. This time, you are a Trump supporter or you are not. You are in or you are out.  Nobody wants to hear or read what other candidates are doing.   It's All About That Trump

It's not a matter of being stubborn in one's support of Trump.

It's a matter of being sick and tired of Republicans taking the high road and end up getting creamed come election day.

Cruz was correct in his chastising Romney for belittling him going after McConnell.  Romney showed everybody what being a gentleman gets you today.

There's not a single Republican among the gang of seventeen that has come out swinging against Obama or Hillary.  Except Trump.

And to add insult to injury...after seeing Donald Trump's success, they STILL won't.

W.T.F.   ????
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 03:17:19 pm »
People are tired of the " ... thin intellectual gruel that has been served up by the political class for the last several years...", and they want a tough guy instead, with substance.

People like and admire car salesmen a whole lot compared to politicians, and Trump has become symbolically their car salesman.

Comparing car salesmen, and the trash pickup guys, I've always been partial to the trash guys. But hey, somebody has to do the job.

You gotta like a guy that could say:  "I already have my own plane."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »

It's a matter of being sick and tired of Republicans taking the high road and end up getting creamed come election day.

Cruz was correct in his chastising Romney for belittling him going after McConnell.  Romney showed everybody what being a gentleman gets you today.

There's not a single Republican among the gang of seventeen that has come out swinging against Obama or Hillary.  Except Trump.

And to add insult to injury...after seeing Donald Trump's success, they STILL won't.

W.T.F.   ????
Uh, DC, Trump hasn't said a word about Hillary.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 03:24:01 pm »

IMHO, when you attack Huma Abedin/Anthony Weiner, you're attacking Hillary Clinton.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 03:25:01 pm »
Trump criticized Obama and McCain,  though.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

bkepley

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 03:54:44 pm »

Trump said she was the worst SoS in history but then he was only speaking the truth.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 03:55:56 pm »

W.T.F.   ????

Oh please stop. That is a Huge exaggeration, sounding like something Michael Savage would say. You obviously missed watching any of the CPAC speeches from other candidates, nearly all of them taking jabs at Obama, including Scott Walker who drew thunderous applause when he said “We need a president who recognizes that radical Islamic terrorism is a threat to our way of life and all freedom loving people around the world,”. Or Ted Cruze saying 'Obamacare Is A Train Wreck,' Hillary 'Embodies The Corruption Of Washington'.  And Carly Fiorina saying "our president’s insistence on a deal with Iran, at any cost, is a danger to the world".

If you were to read the CPAC transcripts or listen to others stump speeches, you will find out how untrue your statement is.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »
Trump said she was the worst SoS in history but then he was only speaking the truth.

Truth...lie...what's the difference?

He attacked her.  And got away with it.

Sad commentary that none of the other candidates, sans Fiorina, hasn't gone after her.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:57:26 pm by DCPatriot »

bkepley

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »
Truth...lie...what's the difference?

He attacked her.  And got away with it.

Sad commentary that none of the other candidates, sans Fiorina, hasn't gone after her.

I'm certain they have or will it's just that Trump has the biggest microphone.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 09:44:39 pm »

W.T.F.   ????

Yes, Trump has come out swinging and he hasn't backed down.  It seems that the negative press that the media has given him has given him a boot in the polls.  In my mind that past several presidential elections have been determined by the media and it will be interesting if this becomes true of this election.  So far the media has pushed for Clinton and Bush and  I really think it has become apparent that voters are tired of the status quo and even though Bush is polling high, I think he's in for a fight.  Cruz has come out swinging against Obama and McConnell and I think he's just getting started; but, he's still low in the polls and the DEMS, GOPe and media hate him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 09:52:00 pm »
Yes, Trump has come out swinging and he hasn't backed down.  It seems that the negative press that the media has given him has given him a boot in the polls.  In my mind that past several presidential elections have been determined by the media and it will be interesting if this becomes true of this election.  So far the media has pushed for Clinton and Bush and  I really think it has become apparent that voters are tired of the status quo and even though Bush is polling high, I think he's in for a fight.  Cruz has come out swinging against Obama and McConnell and I think he's just getting started; but, he's still low in the polls and the DEMS, GOPe and media hate him.

Apologize for forgetting Cruz...going after Obama and Hillary.  That makes three...Trump, Cruz and Fiorina.

The media try to 'pick' the opponent, building them up with positive press and then butchering them come debate time and editorial time.

Trump is upsetting their tried and true strategy.  The others should learn from it.