Author Topic: ‘Urination, defecation, and masturbation’ outside NYC college  (Read 1014 times)

Offline flowers

http://nypost.com/2015/07/30/bums-set-up-camp-outside-nyc-college/

The glass facade of Cooper Union’s $111 million academic building offers a remarkable view — of a back alley packed with vagrants.

“I have seen drug deals, public urination, defecation, masturbation in broad daylight in the Taras Shevchenko alley,” a Cooper Union faculty member told The Post.

“It’s a place where many homeless congregate to sleep — right in front of a church and between a high school and a college,” the faculty member added.

Modal Trigger

Photo: Natan Dvir
Students, visitors to the East Village building’s multiple art galleries and even small kids who attend Preschool of the Arts housed at Cooper Union are greeted daily by a motley crew of drifters who bunk down on the pavement along Taras Shevchenko Place from about sunset through the morning rush hour.

The geometric, asymmetrical architecture

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: ‘Urination, defecation, and masturbation’ outside NYC college
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 07:46:09 pm »
And here I thought such things were only happening inside the classroom...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 07:49:40 pm »
Welcome to DiBlasio's New York.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 08:03:02 pm »

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 08:23:14 pm »

Post of the day.   :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 08:27:00 pm »
And to think the sleeping guy can't find a job only because he won't wear his hair with bangs...... :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 04:17:45 pm »
Welcome to NYC.