Author Topic: Trump: I'll replace ObamaCare with ‘something terrific’  (Read 5210 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump: I'll replace ObamaCare with ‘something terrific’
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2015, 01:49:42 pm »

"Repeal and replace with something terrific." - The Donald

If he really wants to steal votes from Hillary, he should promise to replace OCare with something fabulous.

Trump to his hairstylist: you're fired!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 01:53:37 pm »
Anecdotal story:

My wife and I spent the last week in Colorado Springs on a company sponsored trip.  During a social hour, friends within the company asked my opinion about Trump.  These are typically very conservative people and they know me to be as well.  I did not flinch and said I thought he was a carnival sideshow who may ultimately prove to be a stalking horse for Hillary.

Wow, did they get upset!  They are 100% behind Trump.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 02:12:02 pm »
My mind is open to all our magnificent GOP candidates; believe it or not, even Jeb Bush (even though that's pretty much a big ole fat chance).

I want to hear all the candidates interacting in the debates.

So you approve of a pro-choice, pro gun control, pro socialized, single payer, higher taxation candidate in the GOP?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 03:01:47 pm »
My mind is open to all our magnificent GOP candidates; believe it or not, even Jeb Bush (even though that's pretty much a big ole fat chance).

I want to hear all the candidates interacting in the debates.

I feel the same way ac.  There are those on this site that say they won't vote for Trump if he would become the nominee - that they would cede to Hillary in that instance!  The same that has repeatedly condemned those who would not vote for Romney.  Some of those are people that say Trump is saying "anything" to get elected - you mean like those career politicians that told me they would fight to get Obamacare REPEALED - but now say they are powerless to do so? 

Those same career politicians that have lied to their constituency so many times that the anger is palpable against these guys? 

Some of these establishment cheerleaders point out that Trump has donated to and supported DEMOCRATS in his past!  So did Ronald Reagan.

Don't think he will be, but if Trump is the nominee - I will crawl over broken glass to vote for him.  I will look at his campaign promises with the same jaundiced eye that I view the ones coming from the career politicians. 

But one thing is for sure - I would wait with great anticipation to see how he takes care of business in DC - hoping he doesn't approach it from the way it's always been done - CAUSE THAT AIN'T WORKING SO GOOD FOR US - now is it?

:patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 05:52:54 pm »
I feel the same way ac.  There are those on this site that say they won't vote for Trump if he would become the nominee - that they would cede to Hillary in that instance!  The same that has repeatedly condemned those who would not vote for Romney.  Some of those are people that say Trump is saying "anything" to get elected - you mean like those career politicians that told me they would fight to get Obamacare REPEALED - but now say they are powerless to do so?

Those same career politicians that have lied to their constituency so many times that the anger is palpable against these guys? 

Some of these establishment cheerleaders point out that Trump has donated to and supported DEMOCRATS in his past!  So did Ronald Reagan.

Don't think he will be, but if Trump is the nominee - I will crawl over broken glass to vote for him.  I will look at his campaign promises with the same jaundiced eye that I view the ones coming from the career politicians. 

But one thing is for sure - I would wait with great anticipation to see how he takes care of business in DC - hoping he doesn't approach it from the way it's always been done - CAUSE THAT AIN'T WORKING SO GOOD FOR US - now is it?

:patriot:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/03/21/the-house-has-voted-54-times-in-four-years-on-obamacare-heres-the-full-list/

1. How many more times did you want them to engage in that futile exercise?

2. How do you propose that Congress should get around the Presidential veto IF any one of those measures  gets to Obama's desk, and IF they use the power of the purse to defund Obamacare, what should they do about the millions who will be left without coverage when any measure to replace a defunded and dead Obamacare will (in all likelihood) also be vetoed by the bleep in chief?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:53:41 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2015, 06:34:57 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/03/21/the-house-has-voted-54-times-in-four-years-on-obamacare-heres-the-full-list/

1. How many more times did you want them to engage in that futile exercise?

2. How do you propose that Congress should get around the Presidential veto IF any one of those measures  gets to Obama's desk, and IF they use the power of the purse to defund Obamacare, what should they do about the millions who will be left without coverage when any measure to replace a defunded and dead Obamacare will (in all likelihood) also be vetoed by the bleep in chief?

Luis, I'm lost here.  Help me out.

Why can't the GOP controlled House simply provide put "the millions who will left without coverage" on TEMPORARY Medicare/Medicaid for the next two years?  Then let the next POTUS deal with it?

Does Obama have the power and the balls to veto that?

And if he did, how would the Democrats explain that away?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2015, 07:55:42 pm »

Why can't the GOP controlled House simply provide put "the millions who will left without coverage" on TEMPORARY Medicare/Medicaid for the next two years?  Then let the next POTUS deal with it?

:hands: :hands: :hands:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »

You're suggesting that the House,in and of itself, can do that, without the approval of either the Senate or the Presidential signature?

Yes, and do you think Obama gives any more of a sht about the Democrats than he does about anyone else in the country?

Here's the thing...

You don't actually know whether or not the House CAN do that (I don't think that they can), and whether it's Medicare/Medicaid it's government-controlled health care, so what is it that you actually oppose?

I oppose government-controlled, single-payer health care (Medicare/Medicaid).

How does replacing one form of government-controlled health care with another constitute a solution?

Just because one is theirs and one is ours?

If that makes sense to you then God bless you man.

Not me.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 09:14:43 pm »
 what should they do about the millions who will be left without coverage...

I remember when Luis the libertarian would have known the answer to this question.  Luis the apologist seems lost to me.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2015, 09:31:56 pm »

Need to let the states handle it.... the feds will just screw it up EVEN if their intentions are good, which they are not...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2015, 09:36:10 pm »
You're suggesting that the House,in and of itself, can do that, without the approval of either the Senate or the Presidential signature?

Yes, and do you think Obama gives any more of a sht about the Democrats than he does about anyone else in the country?

Here's the thing...

You don't actually know whether or not the House CAN do that (I don't think that they can), and whether it's Medicare/Medicaid it's government-controlled health care, so what is it that you actually oppose?

I oppose government-controlled, single-payer health care (Medicare/Medicaid).

How does replacing one form of government-controlled health care with another constitute a solution?

Just because one is theirs and one is ours?

If that makes sense to you then God bless you man.

Not me.

Well, we glossed over the part where they simply refuse to fund Obamacare.  Starve it to death.  I was going under the assumption that the House controls the purse.  Obama's threat of a veto be damned. 

Of course, I can't picture McConnell or even Boehner saying to him, "Make my day!"

Obama can't say that the Republicans want to take away health care for everybody when we guarantee nobody will be left without healthcare until the Obamacare debacle can be straightened out.   And by that I mean, provide sufficient time for health insurers to get back into the game/business.

Seems to me premiums would drop drastically, if the free market were allowed to work.  Make each State responsible for their own citizens in so much as the State will oversee the licensing of said firms.  Leave Uncle Sam out of it completely.

We all know...or should know that the reason the economy sucks is laid squarely on the advent of Obamacare.

Once that threat is gone, the trillions of $$$ being held by corporations and small businesses will come back into circulation and they will invest in expanding their businesses again.  Get them OUT of hibernation.

Maybe I'm just smoking dope....I don't know.   Figuratively, of course.   :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2015, 09:38:32 pm »
Need to let the states handle it.... the feds will just screw it up EVEN if their intentions are good, which they are not...

That's exactly what I proposed in my previous post...BEFORE I saw yours.   LOL!   

But I think since Medicaid is already in place, it could serve as a temporary fix until the States can get their acts together.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 09:56:36 pm »
That's exactly what I proposed in my previous post...BEFORE I saw yours.   LOL!   

But I think since Medicaid is already in place, it could serve as a temporary fix until the States can get their acts together.

Virginia has a deal that if you cannot afford regular car insurance you pay something like $600 into a state fund for uninsured motorists and that covers anyone you hit.
Don't understand why we cannot do something similar in each state for medical insurance maybe to augment Medicaid or to provide emergency coverage for younger people.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 10:56:41 pm »
what should they do about the millions who will be left without coverage...

I remember when Luis the libertarian would have known the answer to this question.  Luis the apologist seems lost to me.

We don't live in the world that we wished that we lived in. We live in the world that we do live in.

In this world, those are real concerns of the practical nature of real problems, not apologies.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:57:19 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2015, 01:13:27 am »
Well, we glossed over the part where they simply refuse to fund Obamacare.  Starve it to death.  I was going under the assumption that the House controls the purse.  Obama's threat of a veto be damned. 

Of course, I can't picture McConnell or even Boehner saying to him, "Make my day!"

Obama can't say that the Republicans want to take away health care for everybody when we guarantee nobody will be left without healthcare until the Obamacare debacle can be straightened out.   And by that I mean, provide sufficient time for health insurers to get back into the game/business.

Seems to me premiums would drop drastically, if the free market were allowed to work.  Make each State responsible for their own citizens in so much as the State will oversee the licensing of said firms.  Leave Uncle Sam out of it completely.

We all know...or should know that the reason the economy sucks is laid squarely on the advent of Obamacare.

Once that threat is gone, the trillions of $$$ being held by corporations and small businesses will come back into circulation and they will invest in expanding their businesses again.  Get them OUT of hibernation.

Maybe I'm just smoking dope....I don't know.   Figuratively, of course.   :shrug:

I don't know whether you're smoking dope of not, but you seem to be saying that the very same GOP that 95% of the people in this forum detest, that GOPe, that bunch of worthless bastards in DC will make a seamless move that will actually work as designed.

I see defunding Obamacare, without a viable alternative being set in place as a losing proposition.

Should that alternative be the free market? Absolutely, and everything that you suggest has merit and (in theory) should work, but theories are not solutions, and solutions to complex issues take time to implement.